Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I am a Catholic, why should I consider becoming a Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
RobertMazar said:
If this was the time before the internet came along then I would use those Gospel Tracts to spread the Gospel Of Christ by placing them on automobiles but I sure would not spread the Gospel Of Christ verbally. :smt021

Why would you not spread the Gospel verbally?

aLoneVoice said:
Why would you not spread the Gospel verbally?
Because I am uncomfortable engaging in interpersonal communication face to face. And what difference does it make if the Gospel Of Christ is spread verbally or by the written word? :smt102

That was the last commandement from our Lord, was to go tell the world the Good News.. RobertMazar I disagree with you

RobertMazar said:
Because I am uncomfortable engaging in interpersonal communication face to face. And what difference does it make if the Gospel Of Christ is spread verbally or by the written word? :smt102

I can totally understand. Moses did not think he was a good communicator either.

What was God's reply?

Atonement said:
That was the last commandement from our Lord, was to go tell the world the Good News.. RobertMazar I disagree with you
Telling the world the Good News does not mean doing it verbally only. It can also be done by the written word by distributing Gospel Tracts on automobiles. 8-)

Sisterc,

Are you going to answer my question. By what biblical passage do you wag a finger at Catholics for not bringing a bible to Church? Where in the Bible does it say we MUST bring a bible to Church. Once again don't twist this to say I am against bringing bibles to Church and that the Catholic Church does not read scripture in Church. That is exaclty what it does.

RobertMazar said:
Telling the world the Good News does not mean doing it verbally only. It can also be done by the written word by distributing Gospel Tracts on automobiles. 8-)

As also on televison, radio, on motorcycles etc etc. We need to be creative in our approach. But still the best effective way is two on one face to face. This is why Jesus sent two out and not just one out at a time.

thessalonian said:
Sisterc,

Are you going to answer my question. By what biblical passage do you wag a finger at Catholics for not bringing a bible to Church? Where in the Bible does it say we MUST bring a bible to Church. Once again don't twist this to say I am against bringing bibles to Church and that the Catholic Church does not read scripture in Church. That is exaclty what it does.
Matthew 12:3
But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

Matthew 12:5 -
Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 19:4 -
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Matthew 21:16 -
And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Matthew 21:42 -
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Matthew 22:31 -
But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

Mark 2:25 -
And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

Mark 12:10 -
And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Mark 12:26 -
And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

Luke 4:16 -
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 6:3 -
And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

Acts 8:28 -
Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

Acts 8:30 -
And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Acts 8:32 -
The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Acts 13:27 -
For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

Acts 15:21 -
For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Acts 15:31 -
Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

2 Corinthians 1:13 -
For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;

2 Corinthians 3:15 -
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Ephesians 3:4 -
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Colossians 4:16 -
And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27 -
I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

2 Maccabees 2:25 -
We have been careful, that they that will read may have delight, and that they that are desirous to commit to memory might have ease, and that all into whose hands it comes might have profit.

2 Maccabees 6:12 -
Now I beseech those that read this book, that they be not discouraged for these calamities, but that they judge those punishments not to be for destruction, but for a chastening of our nation.

2 Esdras 14:45 -
And it came to pass, when the forty days were filled, that the Highest spake, saying, The first that thou hast written publish openly, that the worthy and unworthy may read it:

Solo, you abuse the scriptures. This thread is not about whether Bibles should be read at Church. Do you really think that those passages say everyone HAS to bring a bible to Church? Do you think that Jesus brought the scriptures that he read when he said "the spirit of the Lord is upon me.... " in the synagouge? In context there is no way those passages say everyone must bring a bible to Church. The absurdity of your post in trying to use scripture to prove that one HAS to bring bibles to Church is quite apparent.

thessalonian said:
Solo, you abuse the scriptures. This thread is not about whether Bibles should be read at Church. Do you really think that those passages say everyone HAS to bring a bible to Church? Do you think that Jesus brought the scriptures that he read when he said "the spirit of the Lord is upon me.... " in the synagouge? In context there is no way those passages say everyone must bring a bible to Church. The absurdity of your post in trying to use scripture to prove that one HAS to bring bibles to Church is quite apparent.
You do not have to take a Bible with you when you attend the Roman Catholic cult; they do all the interpretation and thinking for the laity anyway. Don't trouble yourself over it. The Bible has not helped you see the lies of Romanism at home, so I doubt that it will help you see the lies if you carry it with you 7X24. Let me know if I am wrong and explain how you have been born again apart from the Roman Catholic cult.

Solo said:
You do not have to take a Bible with you when you attend the Roman Catholic cult; they do all the interpretation and thinking for the laity anyway. Don't trouble yourself over it. The Bible has not helped you see the lies of Romanism at home, so I doubt that it will help you see the lies if you carry it with you 7X24. Let me know if I am wrong and explain how you have been born again apart from the Roman Catholic cult.
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Atonement said:
As also on televison, radio, on motorcycles etc etc. We need to be creative in our approach. But still the best effective way is two on one face to face. This is why Jesus sent two out and not just one out at a time.
Spreading the Gospel Of Christ verbally might be the best effective way but not everybody has to spread the Gospel Of Christ verbally especially if they are not comfortable engaging in interpersonal communication with individuals face to face. 8-)

thessalonian said:
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 1 Corinthians 11:28-30

Solo said:
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 1 Corinthians 11:28-30

Oh you came up with the word sleep in the bible and used it to insult me. How nice you are.

What makes you think that bashing, insulting, and belittling post after post, day after day, is going to win anyone over. Quite apparently that is not your purpose. Seems it is to exalt yourself.

The scriptures say "give reason for the hope that is within you". Evidently that hope is that we are wrong because that is your primary means of "evangelizing" us pagan Catholics. :-?

thessalonian said:
Oh you came up with the word sleep in the bible and used it to insult me. How nice you are.

What makes you think that bashing, insulting, and belittling post after post, day after day, is going to win anyone over. Quite apparently that is not your purpose. Seems it is to exalt yourself.

The scriptures say "give reason for the hope that is within you". Evidently that hope is that we are wrong because that is your primary means of "evangelizing" us pagan Catholics. :-?
Examine yourself with the Word of God, my friend!

RobertMazar said:
If this was the time before the internet came along then I would use those Gospel Tracts to spread the Gospel Of Christ by placing them on automobiles but I sure would not spread the Gospel Of Christ verbally. :smt021
Why not? don't tell me that you actually got saved from a tract! You need to get out and bring Jesus to this dying world, Seriously!

sisterchristian said:
Why not? don't tell me that you actually got saved from a tract! You need to get out and bring Jesus to this dying world, Seriously!
Yes I actually got saved from a tract because it was from a Gospel Tract that I learned how to get saved. And I learned the same thing from watching Billy Graham Crusades on television. But it was not for about 15 years after I learned how to get saved from the Gospel Tract and watching a Graham Crusade for the first time on television that I payed attention to the Holy Spirit and received Christ as my Savior during an Altar Call at my brother's Non Denominational Church in November 1999. Who says that spreading the Gospel Of Christ has to be done verbally only and not by the written word in a Gospel Tract. If someone is uncomfortable engaging interpersonal communication face to face then they have to use the Gospel Tract to spread the Gospel Of Christ. I have a Baptist friend who spreads the Gospel Of Christ using Gospel Tracts only and not verbally. :morning:

thessalonian said:
The Catholc Church has NO PROBLEM WITH THE BIBLE. That is what the Mass is ALL ABOUT IN FACT!
You've got to be kiddin' me!!! It's about sacrificing Jesus DAILY! Not to mention all the fuss about that wafer everyone worships! :smt120

Solo said:
The written Word of God takes a lower priority among Roman Catholics as they have been taught that the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, etc. know better than the laity in matters of the Word of God, therefore, the laity depends on others for their spiritual food even though most of them have not been born again and do not have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach them.
That IS the bottom line now, isn't it?!!!

Solo said:
The scribes and Pharisees had the books of Moses, the Prophets, the Writings of Wisdom; yet according to Jesus Christ, they were on there way to hell and making proselytes twice the child of hell than themselves. The Roman Catholic cult is doing exactly the same thing!
  • But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." Matthew 23:13-15
The Catholic church is none other than modern-day Pharisees!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back