Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I could use some prayers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'll try to make this short-ish, but I'm feeling SO lost and could use some prayers. My (now ex) husband left me recently, after we found out that I was pregnant. Now, we had taken precautions because he felt that he wasn't ready for a baby yet and I was fine with that. Obviously something didn't work somewhere and although it was a huge shock for me, I love this little one already. He felt differently, as did his family. In a whirlwind of the past few weeks, he's filed for divorce and I've been kicked out. I helped pay rent for the house we had, but his parents OWN it, so they're on his side. The reason for all this? Not JUST because I'm pregnant, but because I REFUSED to get an abortion. I could NEVER do such a thing. I was horrified that any of them would even consider asking me to do that. This little one is an amazing gift, even if it's unexpected. As of this moment, I have no access to any savings or money of my own. I do have my car, so that's much better than having no shelter at all. I'll hopefully be able to continue using it for work. It's old, but I'm hoping it'll hold out. I have to find a way to open my own bank account for future paychecks, instead of that money getting tangled up in the current mess. But until then, I've got...nothing. There were two shelters near me that I've looked into. One was full, the other just...did NOT feel safe to me as a pregnant woman. Living in my vehicle feels safer than it did. I'm just so stressed and emotionally exhausted from this. Of course it makes me worry about my baby's health, too. I'm doing the absolute best I can in a bad situation, but it's so unbelievably hard right now. I'm praying as hard as I can myself for some sort of relief. Rest, safety, even just a warm meal. I picked up an application for a HUD apartment, and the very kind landlady said it's unlikely I'd be turned away, but I still have to somehow get a security deposit together AND a deposit for utilities to be turned on. I have no way to do that, I can't even get food or keep fuel in my car to WORK, I have to be careful with I have. I hope you'll say a prayer for me and my baby as well. It's the two of us against the world and even though they won't arrive for a while, I want to do right by them. I feel like I'm already failing at that.

Never feel like you are failing as you are pursuing avenues to make a safe place for you and the baby and to get your life together. Do you have any friends or family that you could stay with until you get on your feet? Have you searched out helping hands types of charities or even churches that can help you or even your own church if you are attending one right now? You could also contact the Chamber of Commerce in your area and see if they could provide you any help by providing different agencies in your area that helps others that are in your situation.

I will keep you in my prayers and know that God will always make a way where there seems to be no way. Have faith and trust in Him and give Him your burden. It's times like these that we need to draw even closer to Him. :pray

Back