Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I don't think I'll have children.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JNathanK

I think it would be irresponsible for me to bring kids into this dying and collapsing world. I don't think it would be right to bring people into this world, knowing there's a good chance they're going to experience death, bloodshed, ugliness, and destruction. I wouldn't mind having a wife, but I feel like I'm the youngest in a long line of human descension and that I'm apart of the last generation on earth or one of the last.

I think it would be irresponsible for me to bring kids into this dying and collapsing world. I don't think it would be right to bring people into this world, knowing there's a good chance they're going to experience death, bloodshed, ugliness, and destruction. I wouldn't mind having a wife, but I feel like I'm the youngest in a long line of human descension and that I'm apart of the last generation on earth or one of the last.
wow THATS a new idea.

Things are far from perfect but compared to say,,, 1937 they are fantastic.

Of all time and eternity God placed you here and now ,I hope you give that notion some consideration

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan, if your 2nd coming doctrine is causing you to think negative and fearful thoughts about the future, then it might be time to re-think your doctrine.

His returning will bring great joy to those who wait for him.

The pre-coming period will be a time of overcoming and hope.

So have a tribe of kids. Create a dynasty of faith! Just imagine going to heaven with a whole bunch of little end-time warriors behind you. Ya'll make Jesus proud! :wave

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

i would seriously recant that postion even though i dont hold that type of eschatology position my church does and the pastor doesnt say that to the young women.
as a man who made that choice as my wife didnt want kids as she has adult kids and grandchildren when i married her.i saw no need, but the longing was always there to be a dad. i am now able to get that chance as both parents to the youngest daughter's kids are useless and so im the dad.

i dont stand in their way if they want to raise and take care of them but they will know me as dad.

i asked god if it were possible for me to be a dad let it come to pass. this is blessing to me.

Nathan, if your 2nd coming doctrine is causing you to think negative and fearful thoughts about the future, then it might be time to re-think your doctrine.

His returning will bring great joy to those who wait for him.

The pre-coming period will be a time of overcoming and hope.

So have a tribe of kids. Create a dynasty of faith! Just imagine going to heaven with a whole bunch of little end-time warriors behind you. Ya'll make Jesus proud! :wave

I'd love to have kids. I think it would be really cool. I mean it might suck in the loss of personal freedom, but, all and all, I'd love to raise some children. Its just, when I look at geo-politics, the dire condition of the environment, the awful ways humans keep treating each other, the prophecies of the end times, it just scares me. I'll maybe think of adoption. What happens happens I suppose.

wow THATS a new idea.

Things are far from perfect but compared to say,,, 1937 they are fantastic.

Of all time and eternity God placed you here and now ,I hope you give that notion some consideration

no doubt. If I'm meant to have children, I'll make sure it happens.

Its a good time to be alive, at least in the western world. In African countries like Libya, they've been living in an apocalypse for some time. I have this fear that that type of poverty and death will spread here eventually. Currently, I'm well fed and thankful to God for it. I just don't know if it'll last much longer though.

trust god, we havent hit rock bottom yet. the early church was killed often and yet they had kids.

in america we have it made. i can go to my church and not worry about being killed for being a christian.

i dont stand in their way if they want to raise and take care of them but they will know me as dad.

i asked god if it were possible for me to be a dad let it come to pass. this is blessing to me.
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. It doesn't matter whether you're a surrogate father or biological father. The point is to be a dad and to give love to someone who needs it.

it is honor but also a fearful thing as im forced to realise all that i am as in bad or good they may also learn them bad habits.

If you have to this point remained celibate and you are of such a mind that you will never have sex, your on your way to compete service to God. Have sex and intentionally block the birth that might occur and you have intentionally sinned.

trust god, we havent hit rock bottom yet. the early church was killed often and yet they had kids.

in america we have it made. i can go to my church and not worry about being killed for being a christian.

Yah, they were publicly executed in the most horrific ways too. I'd like to think that if I was in that situation, I would have that kind of faith, to have the love of Christ in my heart to the very end. Jesus could have rightfully become bitter and spiteful against humanity and abandoned his ministry, knowing that society was just going to kill him for his efforts to save them. He didn't though, and that was the ultimate act of love. Jesus didn't quit on us, so we shouldn't quit on each other, even though we might get killed for doing the right thing. It seems futile and pointless at first glance, but the point is to try to better ourselves through God's mercy and to help others find God so that they can be bettered as well.

If you have to this point remained celibate and you are of such a mind that you will never have sex, your on your way to compete service to God. Have sex and intentionally block the birth that might occur and you have intentionally sinned.

I've abstained from onanism for a couple weeks now. I'm experimenting with what lifelong celibacy might really be like. I don't think it would be so bad if I had a girl to cuddle with and intimately spend time with in a non-sexual way. I don't think I could achieve it without that

Good luck with THAT! :wave

Yah, I'll admit it sounds unrealistic. I'm trying though. For what its worth, I think its a good introduction to fasting, because it forces me to have to rely on the holy spirit for fulfillment, rather than pleasure.

Of course, now that you put it that way... people who live realistic lives are usually:

Boring.
Bored.
Rather unhappy.
Largely unsuccessful.

I find it very frustrating when people talk like this: "Oh, it's so bad! The church has never had it so bad! We might have to deal with pain, suffering, and death in the future! You know, no one had to deal with that before seeing as the past was essentially idyllic and pain free."

If you are the least bit tempted to think this way, please get a history book and read it.

The world has never been better than it is today in terms of the our ability to alleviate suffering. Fewer people die of starvation and of violence per capita than at any other time in history (during the middle ages it is believed that the rate of violent death in Europe was around 25%). People around the world are becoming increasingly free to make their lives, start their own business, and they have the ability, free time, and free resources to help others. Except for maybe a decade or two in the last 100 years, Christianity has never been more free of persecution than it is today (I'm not saying there's no persecution, just less).

Am I saying the world is a garden spot? That everything is wonderful and perfect? Of course not. Many things are rotten with the world. It's just that throughout the whole arch of history, things have been far more rotten.

BTW, I have seven children aged nine and younger.

Oh, and that thing about being content finding a girl to snuggle with? That won't be frustrating at all :lol. Either be celibate and single, or find a nice girl, get married and enjoy the wonderful sexual relationship that comes with that. Kids and all. Trust me, it's great :yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've abstained from onanism for a couple weeks now.
Asking for forgiveness ahead of time, because I can't let this one go...

So, you've stopped "pulling out" and "spilling your seed on the ground" for the last couple of weeks? That's a terrible form of birth control anyway.

Sorry! I really do know what you mean. It's just that Onan's sin wasn't masturbation, it was continual refusal to give his dead brother an heir as commanded by God. He would have sex with his sister-in-law now wife, but would pull out to avoid pregnancy. This act was not only disobedient to God, but deeply disrespectful to his brother and extremely selfish on his part (he wanted to deny his brother a child, and avoid caring for that child which wouldn't be considered his by law).

What a wonderful solution, the righteous should stop breeding and leave the world to the wicked.

Seriously guy, the world is a messed up place because the wicked are in control. They fill the airwaves and theaters with sex and violence, tell our children that it's unrealistic not to have premarital sex, worship the almighty dollar, and on and on and on.

The only way this can change is with efforts from the righteous. The first step is to go forth and be plentiful, have wonderful children and teach them the word of God. What you propose is to abandon God's gift to us to the wicked and surrender to Satan. I will not surrender, I will help bring forth a new generation and I will teach them the Word.

Oh heavenly father,
Protect our children from the temptations of the wicked.
Protect them from the temptation of hedonism.
Protect them from the serpents who would steal you from their hearts.
Empower us to bring forth a new generation of righteous souls
Empower us to teach them your Word.
Empower them to bring justice to the broken world they inherit from us.
Give them the strength that my generation has failed to ask from you.
Help them that their children inherit a world better than the one we leave behind.

Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back