Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I hate Fat People

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm not a fan of the BMI. It takes your weight overall, doesn’t differentiate muscle from fat.
Actually it dose account for it somwhat, It only dosen't apply if you have more muscle than the average man, Whitch if your "obease" unless your a fireman, rugby player or bodybuilder that's not you I'm afraid.
If BMI was a lie then the progressive increase of BMI over the years wouldn't corrilate with diseases of obesity would it?
Ie cancer, heart attack, Strokes, Diabetes.
Weight loss is complicated, or can be. I believe that more of it is in the MIND than in the body or the food.
All these ads for diets and drugs and secret methods are a LIE.
Some do work but usually those are often the most dangerous ones you can get, Even the perscription ones have adverse complications such a depleting certain nutrients in the long run.
I don't personally have this prejudice some of my friends are overweight I feel really sorry for them because they do get this abuse somtimes or remarks about how she "must be pregnant" The only attitude I feel is a desire to hug them really hard because overweight pepole look so huggable. A problem if the friend isn't the hugging sort... I wounder if that comes with me coming from a fat family but I and my sister are a normal weight. or perhaps the fact that some of my friends have anorexcia and that disease is a great deal more frightning I should point out my father shares a similar tired old attitude to alot of you, "Oh we are a family with heavy bones." bull... It obviously has nothing to do with his drinking.
My mother takes a similar obsucre vain whenever I'm staying with her she insists on overfeeding me I point this out to her and she's like "But your always so skinny I know whenever I see you I need to fatten you up!"
I should point out I weigh 145ibs and am 5'7 (BMI 23) whitch is a healthy weight with some slightly squidgy parts. Shortly before moving out her feeding habits did rub off on me and I weighed 182-9ibs(Bmi28.5-29.6) I knew I was getting abit chubby but I didn't realize I was nearly obese denial is extremely powerful and your all doing it! It was only when my thighs started rubbing I changed my diet.

The BMI scale isn't perfect but it's alot more accurate than you suggest.

OK pebbles, question:

I understand that the BMI index is as good as we have right now. But consider, I’m six foot one inch tall waist size between 36 and 38 inches. Current weight approximately 240 pounds. Body fat percentage 21% with a BMI of 31.7.

Body fat percentage index says acceptable (closer to fit then fat)

BMI says obese (at the lower end)

What gives??

I I'm considering a juice fast.

I am currrently in the middle of a ten day cleanse/fast. its eating nothing except limited amounts fruits, vegs, and water for ten days. I wanted to see if there was any truth to the "detox" claims.. not to lose weight but to see if I supposedly had increased energy, etc. when i was done. so far, the only thing i feel is tired.. but im sticking it out till the end just to see :sad did you ever try the juice fast?

About 30 years ago Mom got into some cleansing deal. Her 'lower parts' have never functioned properly sense. She was pushing 60 years that may be why but please be careful. Because it does well for Joe & Sally does not mean it will for you.

I have been fasting for a month on nothing but ribs, pork shoulder, pork chops, and pork bacon, Pickled Pig feet. srapple, pork link sausage, any one for some chitterlings ? This my second pig in 2 weeks.:thumbsupand my blood pressure is right where it should be, through roof and I love it.:thumbsup
post-1483-0-15173200-1302015593.jpg

six pack, twelve pack.. Personally I'm sporting the keg.

:lol Yeah, I've known many a man who traded his six pack in for the pony keg!

Pizzaguy is right about the portion size. What is now a small drink at many ff places was once the large. Many places has the medium drink as 32 ounces. 32 ounces, that is a quart people!!!! If you're ordering Pepsi, that's 398 calories, just for the drink.

And, so many restaurants serve their food on serving platters now instead of plates and if they do serve on plates they serve on extra large plates.

I agree diets don't work. Just eat proper proportions, and get daily exercise and your body will be OK.

It was so hard when I was sick from Christmas to Easter because I couldn't really exercise. I tried to walk on my treadmill and only made it about a 1/4 of a way around the "track" when I had to stop. I tried dancing with my daughter once and about killed myself when I started coughing so bad I stopped breathing. But, not only did my appetite not go away, some of the meds the doctor had me on actually caused a certain amount of weight gain. The lack of any exercise caused my thyroid to go wonky yet again, so my metabolism slowed way down and the end result is that I've gained a LOT of weight! I'm back to exercising and I'm not on the meds that were causing the weight gain, but it's gonna take a lot more than four months to drop what I gained! Sigh. :sad

File this under "LIFE IS UNFAIR"...my husband was taking some meds that caused weight gain and when he stopped taking them, he dropped all the extra weight in about 2 months without dieting or any extra exercise. He just has that kind of body. Grrrr!

When I had my tonsils out at six, I started to eat more. Don't know why, just did. My dad and his brother were both around 6'2 or 3. My two first cousins are a coupla years younger than me, and growing up, I thought I had to be bigger since I was younger. At 19, I was 5'10" and 285 lbs. They are around 6'3, 300+ lbs. My "little" brother is 6'2 and 220, but a jock. Because of the smokers in my family, we were more concerned with second hand smoke. It wasn't until my father quit smoking that diabetes came into the picture. I also have some bronchial asthma, but over the years my weight has gone up and down. I'm now around 210. My asthma seldom bothers me, but I have had problems due to my Type 2 Diabetes. I seem to crave more sweets than any type of food. I eat a lot of cereal because I just don't want much regular food anymore. My blood pressure has always been very good, so has my chloresterol. When I go out and have steak, my wife and I split one, and I hate anything where the first three letters spell DIEt!

I weigh 140kg (280 pounds for those unacquainted with metrics) and I frankly don't give a pickled darn what people think of me. Life is far too short to be worrying about the opinions of ignorami.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back