Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I need other Christians help

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just made my account today. I just need advice and honestly just some prayers sent my way.
My mother died at the beginning of this year. I used too be a heavy drinker at times and I quit for a while. Got really close too God. But now I have been tempted too drink again and have! I also suffer from panic attacks and severe anxiety and have a perscription of meds that pulls me out of panic mode. Im getting pulled back and forth..... On one hand I believe God will help... and I have asked for Him too deliver me from my addiction of drinking and my panic. On the other hand... how do you stop living a sinful life??? I wanna be the best for God and my family. I gotta get answers from other Christians like myself. Thank you guys.

Lemme ask a question... what gets a man too heaven?? Im interested in your feelings on this topic
accepting God's love is the only way

showing gratitude by loving God back - iow don't be afraid of God - just keep thanking Him - will help you to rest in that salvation

focusing on self-performance scares people into thinking they won't make it - focusing on God and how good He is to everyone and how He promised to finish the work He started in you will allow you to enjoy the journey - Jesus said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak - so expect some flesh problems until you find out for yourself how God can come through for you and help you walk in His Spirit and His power

Just made my account today. I just need advice and honestly just some prayers sent my way.
My mother died at the beginning of this year. I used too be a heavy drinker at times and I quit for a while. Got really close too God. But now I have been tempted too drink again and have! I also suffer from panic attacks and severe anxiety and have a perscription of meds that pulls me out of panic mode. Im getting pulled back and forth..... On one hand I believe God will help... and I have asked for Him too deliver me from my addiction of drinking and my panic. On the other hand... how do you stop living a sinful life??? I wanna be the best for God and my family. I gotta get answers from other Christians like myself. Thank you guys.
Maybe this can be for help to your problem, Proverbs 28:13-15 King James Version (KJV) 13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. 14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief. 15 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Everybodies answers are so much appreciated. God bless you all!! I have been getting up in the mornings like now, and confessing my sins to God. I beileve in Jesus Christ. Time for change. I believe he was nailed too a cross and was resurrected. I told Him all the things I have done wrong, all the things I need help with and asked Him for strength. Please everybody in this forum say a heart felt prayer for me today! I did it with out AA before. I can do it again. Pray that God comes heal me.. I know He is in the midst. Thank you brothers and sisters in Christ for your words.

I did it with out AA before. I can do it again.
Just a thought to consider. This statement seems to show that you were not fully able to do it without AA. My friends that I spoke of all tried it on their own and failed. Something else they expressed to me is that they are never fully cured for if they give in to the temptation even once it will most likely grab them again. So they refer to themselves as recovering alcoholics. It's a truth they live with.

Just a thought to consider. This statement seems to show that you were not fully able to do it without AA. My friends that I spoke of all tried it on their own and failed. Something else they expressed to me is that they are never fully cured for if they give in to the temptation even once it will most likely grab them again. So they refer to themselves as recovering alcoholics. It's a truth they live with.
I appreciate the concern in this matter. Thank you! But also I was not very clear in my post. I was done drinking. I had been clean for 7 months. And DID achieve that without AA. So too say I was not able without AA is false. I did a lot of praying and worshipping which is what Im trying too achieve now. God Bless!!

I have a history of addiction myself, though not alcohol or substances. I've talked to a few mental health professionals about it, and they are starting to recognize what I experienced as "process addictions", which is where your body gets addicted to the dopamine rush something you enjoy gives you, and it makes it so that that thing consumes your entire being and brings you to ruin.
Anyways, all that to say, as a recovered addict, I understand that addiction is very hard. I, too, got out of mine with prayer and fasting. But if outside help is also available, it won't hurt to receive it with thanksgiving. In addition to what you're already doing. :)

I appreciate the concern in this matter. Thank you! But also I was not very clear in my post. I was done drinking. I had been clean for 7 months. And DID achieve that without AA. So too say I was not able without AA is false. I did a lot of praying and worshipping which is what Im trying too achieve now. God Bless!!
I think you may have misunderstood me. You only remained clean for 7 months and then returned. That indicates that you were not able to do it alone. If you were able to do it alone you would still be abstaining from alcohol.

I have experienced similar things with my sins. By myself I am only able to refrain for short periods of time before going back into my sins again.

Your right.. I was not able too do it alone. God helped me through it. Alot of prayers answered. and also Thank you for being kind in your approach!!! I do appreciate the care. Very best wishes from me and my family. Hope your thanksgiving was good.(Dont know if you do thanksgiving or not)

GOD is the author and perfector of your faith - the work He started in you He will complete - thank Him for taking claim to you and making you His own at a very great price - rest in His faithfulness to work in you and make all things turn around - be honest with Him - He knows you better than you know yourself - He knows why you are drinking - you probably don't know why you are doing it - it's probably to drown out some pain or something - face Him daily and watch Him work things through with you - this is you chance to see God work again in your life - you are loved by God and us - keeping you in prayer
ChildOfGod354

To your comment "it's hard to feel worthy" consider this. Almighty God gave His one and only begotten Son's life for you. How worthy does that make you? You are worth worth His life and heaven rejoices when one is saved.

"I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."
Luke 15:7 NKJV
ChildOfGod354

Any updates, friend?

Back