Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need some Prayers Again (Still!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Brothers and Sisters, please pray for me. I need the Spirit of peace to descend upon this house. If not for the Lords presence within me, I would have gone insane by now. I pray daily and cling to the Lord and just keep thinking that this life is temporary and is but one grain in the sands of time that will soon be over. I will look back two hundred thousand years from now and it will be inconsequential. Some of my growing pains in the Lord.

But for now it is almost unbearable. It would be if not for the Lord. I am continuing to have problems with my two sons who live with me, who know no respect, no compassion, only evil. My situation is such that I can not leave, I have nowhere to go, I have no running vehicle of my own, and can not work in my trade without my sons help because of my back condition. I am at the moment at their mercy and totally dependant on them. They know it and take every advantage of it. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. This has to be some test of my faith. What am I doing wrong? I am kind, generous, helpful, and short fused when I am disrespected by those who have every reason to respect me, I am the elder, I am the father, I am the owner of the business and license. I am fair and honest and do not take that which is not mine. It seems as if the nicer I am, the more I am out down and pushed around and stolen from. I have called the police on them and they banded together and lied and said that I am the trouble maker. They are two against one. The police believed them and took their side and did not believe me. I din't know what to do. I keep myself busy on the forum, praying and making vague plans for becoming independent of them so that I can evict them and perhaps press charges on them.

But for this to happen, I would need money to be independant. If I did it now, I would have no transportation, no income from no help at work immediately. I have a disability case that is pending, in fact just this past monday was my appeal hearing. If it is approved (lawyer says it will but it is not official yet) then I would not begin to receive money for approximately two more months. The retroactive payments will be enough to be able to do everything I need to do. Buy a decent vehicle, evict them, catch up my bills move to a cheaper place, and have a monthly income so that I was not dependant on my sons for help with money. It's like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, but if it is does not happen, I don't know what I can do. I need for you to pray that this will be approved for me, and that the Spirit of peace will come to my sons so that there will peace in the home.

:sad

Yet though he slay me will I trust Him. :)
Praise the Lord.

Brothers and Sisters, please pray for me. I need the Spirit of peace to descend upon this house. If not for the Lords presence within me, I would have gone insane by now. I pray daily and cling to the Lord and just keep thinking that this life is temporary and is but one grain in the sands of time that will soon be over. I will look back two hundred thousand years from now and it will be inconsequential. Some of my growing pains in the Lord.

But for now it is almost unbearable. It would be if not for the Lord. I am continuing to have problems with my two sons who live with me, who know no respect, no compassion, only evil. My situation is such that I can not leave, I have nowhere to go, I have no running vehicle of my own, and can not work in my trade without my sons help because of my back condition. I am at the moment at their mercy and totally dependant on them. They know it and take every advantage of it. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. This has to be some test of my faith. What am I doing wrong? I am kind, generous, helpful, and short fused when I am disrespected by those who have every reason to respect me, I am the elder, I am the father, I am the owner of the business and license. I am fair and honest and do not take that which is not mine. It seems as if the nicer I am, the more I am out down and pushed around and stolen from. I have called the police on them and they banded together and lied and said that I am the trouble maker. They are two against one. The police believed them and took their side and did not believe me. I din't know what to do. I keep myself busy on the forum, praying and making vague plans for becoming independent of them so that I can evict them and perhaps press charges on them.

But for this to happen, I would need money to be independant. If I did it now, I would have no transportation, no income from no help at work immediately. I have a disability case that is pending, in fact just this past monday was my appeal hearing. If it is approved (lawyer says it will but it is not official yet) then I would not begin to receive money for approximately two more months. The retroactive payments will be enough to be able to do everything I need to do. Buy a decent vehicle, evict them, catch up my bills move to a cheaper place, and have a monthly income so that I was not dependant on my sons for help with money. It's like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, but if it is does not happen, I don't know what I can do. I need for you to pray that this will be approved for me, and that the Spirit of peace will come to my sons so that there will peace in the home.

Yet though he slay me will I trust Him. :)
Praise the Lord.
@Edward : :pray

Sounds like you guys if possible need to be under different roofs.

Blessings.

PS: Great verse at the foot of your post!

Sounds like you guys if possible need to be under different roofs.

Blessings.

PS: Great verse at the foot of your post!

Thank you brother. We do need to be under different roofs. I am not able to make that happen for myself right now though. They wont go, they have it too easy here. :sad

Someone prayed for me. I had a good day today and the Lord blessed me. Praise the Lord, I can't thank the Lord enough for what He does for me. I'm not out of the woods or anything like that but it's like I got a little relief today, so that's good. I find myself in better Spirits today because of it. I still need prayer though.

I thank you whomever has happened to pray for me. Very much so. :clap

Lord, heal this broken father-sons relationship. may the sons be saved and repent and forever feel the shame of their evil towards the man whom brought them into the world.in your name.

I have done my parents wrong, I have used them. I regret that.

You continue in my prayers, [MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION] . And I join with Jason & everyone in praying for your sons as well.

Thank you very much Brother and Sister. This means a lot to me and I know it helps. Praise the Lord.

:pray

Dear Brother Edward, I just found this thread and had thought these problems had passed. I do know how drugs I think you mentioned one time will act upon those hooked to take any advantage available to satisfy their need. I will return to praying for your deliverance, and sometimes we think we can help them, but if God doesn't affect their thinking we only become enablers to their affliction. God bless you in Jesus' name.

Thank you Eugene. Hopefully this will be over within two more months at the most. Bless you for praying for me.

What a lively day here :sad

They woke up fighting each other and tore the place up some. :sad

At least it wasn't directed at me thank the Lord. :)

It's working, thank you all! :)
They are fighting themselves lately and not me, praise the Lord!! They must be out, LOL.

I thank you all for your prayers. Seems like things are getting worse for me. I was denied for my disability claim again. I had told my landlord that I would catch up my rent with my retro check that I would get. Now I wont be able to. It looks like I'll be homeless by the end of the month. On top of everything else.

It looks like I'll be homeless by the end of the month.
Dear brother, our prayers are at all times answered, though not necessarily in the manner we perceive as the best for us; it is ultimately according to His will, and always for our good which love God.

When you think of it would there be any other way you would be taken from the danger your sons present to you? I seem to remember a testimony that you did your best to continue helping them even when they were stealing your tools. It is very hard for a father to realize he may have sons such as Absalom rebelling against his father and proclaiming himself king. There are times when God must deliver us from ourselves. God took Absalom.

I will continue praying for the situation and contact me as to how I can help? God bless you in this, the trial of your faith that is more precious than gold to you in Jesus’ name.

Dear brother Edward,

I just read this thread, and I am so very sorry for your terrible situation. I can understand how it feels like being a prisoner in your home. And I know that this can make you feel helpless.
Of course I will pray for you. May God provide you the means to have a home for your own. And may he heal your sons.

Please forgive me that I do not know otherwise to tell you what came into my mind; you know, a while ago there was a woman on YouTube who needed to have a cancer surgery. In order to be able to pay for it she asked people to donate a small amount of money ( 5 or 10 dollars). She had opened a "PayPal" account and published the account number, so whoever could give a little, could easily do so online. I do not know if she got the whole sum that she needed, but at least a little help has been provided. - So I thought that this would be perhaps a possibility for you, too (here on the forum), in order to not become homeless. Please forgive me to say that so directly, but I really do not want you to be in such a terrible situation. And if several people could give only a little, you might be a little safe without owing anyone anything.
I just felt to make this suggestion. Please do not be angry about it.

May Jesus guide you in finding help and peace. Please do not give up.
Also hugs to Thor,
Maedchen

I will continue praying for the situation and contact me as to how I can help? God bless you in this, the trial of your faith that is more precious than gold to you in Jesus’ name.

This does seem to be the goal and key to it all. Holding my faith until the end. I have had the thought that it would be nice if the Lord took me, but I don't think he will. I am unworthy and unrighteous and continue to fail at times because I have a short fuse with the kids. Besides, I think I am being renewed and prepared to be a building block of the church of Christ. It hurts going through the mill and being shaped. I know why it is happening to me. Because I continually pray for the Lord to mold me into the type of servant that He would have me to be. So this is my boot camp for my MOS whatever that will be. I just hope that becoming homeless isn't part of the preparation.

Supposedly I am building perseverance and character right now, but it doesn't feel like it. It just feels like I am going through a grinder. I sure appreciate the sentiments, and certainly the prayers. I feel as if prayer is the only thing that would help me at this point. It has to come through God, so yes brother pray pray pray for me.

Thank you and God bless.

She had opened a "PayPal" account and published the account number, so whoever could give a little, could easily do so online. I do not know if she got the whole sum that she needed, but at least a little help has been provided. - So I thought that this would be perhaps a possibility for you, too (here on the forum), in order to not become homeless. Please forgive me to say that so directly, but I really do not want you to be in such a terrible situation. And if several people could give only a little, you might be a little safe without owing anyone anything.
I just felt to make this suggestion. Please do not be angry about it.

Oh Maedchen, that does make me angry. I appreciate the thought. I don't have to the heart to ask the good people here on this forum for money though. Somehow, it wouldn't seem right to me. I did not come here to take, but to help and to learn. I wont even go get food stamps or governmental assistance. There's a stigma that goes along with it because it is others money, that I did not work for. My disability is my money, I worked for it and that is different. I'm not going to panhandle here. If the Lord wants it to happen that way, he will touch someones heart to do such a thing. I will simply ask the Lord for Help and all my brothers and sisters for prayer.

God bless you all :)

Keep strong hold on your faith, [MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION]. Our Lord will definitely provide. You may question the why's, how's, and where's, but know within your heart that our Lord will guide your steps in this matter.

I am sorry to learn your claim was denied again. There are some actions in the life that cannot be fathomed, for the alleged rules are not always applied by the same standards. Yet, that's precisely why we stand straight in our faith, for our Lord loves us and will provide, according to His Will.

You remain in my prayers, my friend.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back