Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I Need your prayers and advice.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Luminous

I just turned 35. I have recovered from covid...maintained a job and have been a faithful husband and try to be a good Dad for my two sons. I give them everything they want and need that I can.

A few days ago I awoke too my wife yelling at my kids. Turns out that my sons ages 13 and 8 have been fondling each other sexually. I am CRUSHED. My wife has a learning disability and is hard to communicate with on deep issues. My father is a pastor and years ago I married her at the age of 23 (my oldest was two at the time) so that I could keep my family together and ease some of the conviction of my sin of pre marital sex.

I am exhausted...I am a long hauler (still having symptoms)..I am two days from closing on my first home purchase (super stressed)..and then my KIDS do this....

My father has not offered me prayer...HE has not laid hands on me or my family like he has for members of his church. I asked my mother not to tell our business to other family members and she has.

I Blame my wife because all she had to do was supervise them. All she does is watch netflix and I work many hours a week (at night) and I need to sleep.

She does not work...never has...and since being married they severed her disability income check to 200 dollars a month.

I carry the load...and NOW this...

I am at my end....I am trying SO HARD to overcome but this is tough for me.

I contacted social services too seek help for my sons....First session is tomorrow morning. I am so afraid...I am so defeated....

I don't want them to take my oldest away from us.

Luminous
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing this.
Sorry you ate going through so many stressful things.
Many young boys go through this sexual kind of exploration but I can understand your worry and concern. Have you sat down with them to explain why it is wrong? If so how did they react? I would say a prayer together and hopefully your wife would join you and your sons in that prayer.
How did the meeting go on with Social Services?
I am praying for you all. Please let us know how things are.
Take heart and tell all to God asking Him for help and wisdom.

Blessings to you.

Luminous ... It is Tuesday afternoon... August 3rd... I am just reading this now...

I feel your pain... and your exhaustion... and I smell despair moving in. I know this emotion with my eyes closed.

I am going to spend a great amount of time... praying for you... and your family... in these next days.

You mentioned the age of your children... and what came to my mind right away and without knowing the particulars
is the word curiosity.... they are at that age... especially the older child who is just a teen... I think that what you have
described is probably normal.... even though it is very difficult to think about.

It is good that you have addressed this issue and taken care of it in the right manner... by informing someone who can HELP you.

Please take some time for yourself to RELAX and REST as much as you can.... GOD is a good GOD.... and HE will not squash someone who is at the end of their rope.... as a matter of fact... if you pay attention... you will discover that it is at these times where His presence and work can be seen in a way that does not always occur when things are going well.
I have suffered with SEVERE Chronic depression all my adult life... continuous sadness and sorrow for months at a time without much reprieve. I understand suffering in a way that not many do... and I am here to tell you... it serves a purpose... and it is only for a season.... You just need to put your seat belt on... close your eyes... and keep your focus on CHRIST.... He is your driver... and HE will see you through this. I PROMISE...

I am so sorry you had to wait this long for a reply to your prayer request... and if Tessa had not just made a comment... I might not even have seen this. I will be more mindful to check on the prayer requests in future as they are IMPORTANT.

Please know that you will be in my heart... I live on a lake and do much of my praying there. BLESS you.... and HOLD on tight... Help is on the way. You are being strengthened for something... I know you probably don't want to hear that or even don't care... but God is up to something in your life.

With tenderness... Your sister in Christ... Addy

I just turned 35. I have recovered from covid...maintained a job and have been a faithful husband and try to be a good Dad for my two sons. I give them everything they want and need that I can.

A few days ago I awoke too my wife yelling at my kids. Turns out that my sons ages 13 and 8 have been fondling each other sexually. I am CRUSHED. My wife has a learning disability and is hard to communicate with on deep issues. My father is a pastor and years ago I married her at the age of 23 (my oldest was two at the time) so that I could keep my family together and ease some of the conviction of my sin of pre marital sex.

I am exhausted...I am a long hauler (still having symptoms)..I am two days from closing on my first home purchase (super stressed)..and then my KIDS do this....

My father has not offered me prayer...HE has not laid hands on me or my family like he has for members of his church. I asked my mother not to tell our business to other family members and she has.

I Blame my wife because all she had to do was supervise them. All she does is watch netflix and I work many hours a week (at night) and I need to sleep.

She does not work...never has...and since being married they severed her disability income check to 200 dollars a month.

I carry the load...and NOW this...

I am at my end....I am trying SO HARD to overcome but this is tough for me.

I contacted social services too seek help for my sons....First session is tomorrow morning. I am so afraid...I am so defeated....

I don't want them to take my oldest away from us.
praying for you and wife and boys

the right Godly counsellor would be a great help in finding out where the boys got these ideas from and what to do about it

Back