Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I never knew you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Redeemed from all iniquity !

Since all for whom Christ died for, gave Himself for, hath been redeemed from all iniquity as per Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

It is therefore impossible for any of them that they shall hear these words uttered to them Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Its impossible for any that the True Christ died for to ever have those words spoken to them, unless His Saving Death was made of non effect !

Its impossible for any that the True Christ died for to ever have those words spoken to them, unless His Saving Death was made of non effect !
Unless they are blotted out of His book!

Yet now, if You will forgive their sin--but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written."

Or if you prefer "broken off" to "blotted out" -

Romans 11:17-21

17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in." 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

It's best to just stick to, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!

JLB

Question for anyone; 'What is the value of Christ' death on the cross to an unbeliever?" Specifically, what dose one who has not, does not, and will not, trust in his/her heart of the saving grace of Christ Jesus....gain from the death of Christ on the cross?

Question for anyone; 'What is the value of Christ' death on the cross to an unbeliever?" Specifically, what dose one who has not, does not, and will not, trust in his/her heart of the saving grace of Christ Jesus....gain from the death of Christ on the cross?

Possibilities, that's what they have. They have the same chance and choice I had when I was an atheist.

Possibilities, that's what they have. They have the same chance and choice I had when I was an atheist.

But that does not answer the question does it? Are you saying that Jesus died for the possibility of salvation, but only for those who consciously except it? What value is it to them who do not, or can not?

Last edited by a moderator:
But that does not answer the question does it? Are you saying that Jesus died for the possibility of salvation, but only for those who consciously except it? What value is it to them who do not, or can not?

As of right now, none

So it has value to them latter? How?

You mentioned that the death of Christ on the cross at Calvary held the value of .......
This is to say that the death of Christ gives the possibility of salvation. This is a popular self-satisfying view or understanding. "They have the same chance and choice I had" If this is true what thanks can anyone who would say this give to God?

Lord thank you......(Fill in the blank) How would you thank the Lord your savior for you being saved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As a believer I fully expect and anticipate to hear these Words of Jesus spoken to me.

Would anyone like to man up on this matter?

Start by showing how 'you' yes YOU, have not done iniquity.

Where others hear fear from His Words, I hear much joy.

enjoy!

smaller

So it has value to them latter? How?

You mentioned that the death of Christ on the cross at Calvary held the value of .......

This is to say that the death of Christ gives the possibility of salvation. This is a popular self-satisfying view or understanding. "They have the same chance and choice I had" If this is true what thanks can anyone who would say this give to God?

Lord thank you......(Fill in the blank) How would you thank the Lord your savior for you being saved?

If God hadn't done what he did, all of this would be a pointless conversation anyway. When I learnt about Christ and things started happening in my life, I had a choice; accept Christ into my life and follow him or don't.

The issue involves not just being hearers but also doers...

It involves faith that connects us to God rather than a belief system that we think justifies us..

If God hadn't done what he did, all of this would be a pointless conversation anyway. When I learnt about Christ and things started happening in my life, I had a choice; accept Christ into my life and follow him or don't.

Allow me to answer the question then for you. :'What is the value of Christ' death on the cross to an unbeliever?" Specifically, what dose one who has not, does not, and will not, trust in his/her heart of the saving grace of Christ Jesus....gain from the death of Christ on the cross? Answer: Absolutely nothing.

But more than that, and In the interest of time, and so that you don't feel I'm picking on you Grazer, allow me to complete this thought so as not to express this as a diatribe of theology, because I think you brought up something immensely important, and as I mentioned, popular in understanding salvation. It's truth is irrelevant compared to what I will say of it, but it's full understanding adds value to anyone who wishes to explore it.

So allow me to quote you again, specifically "They have the same chance and choice I had"...they being those without Christ, but did they? Did you for that matter?

There are generally two views of man’s will, the libertarian view and the compatibilistic view. The libertarian view says that man is totally free in choosing God or rejecting God. This is often referred to as "Free Will". In fact there are whole denominations that emphasis this, and there are sub-denominations of it; like "The Free Will Baptist", which always makes me laugh when I pass that church and see the sign. What makes it even more funny to me is it's right after the local RCC church.....but that's just nerd humor and I realize not everyone would get the joke.

In any case, the compatibilistic view of free will say that man’s will is free naturally (nothing from without is coercing his choices against his will) but not morally (man’s will is controlled by forces or desires from within). In other words, man’s will is in bondage to his nature, which is fallen. With the compatabilistic view, man’s will and God’s will cooperate to accomplish God’s purposes in the world, whether man realizes this is happening or not.

So, to say that the unsaved, those without Christ...have the same chance and choice I had, before I chose Christ (which is essentially what that says) deserves some thought.

How would a person who is by nature sinful, freely choose on his own, anything outside his nature to do so? As Charles Spurgeon once said "…Any one who believes that man’s will is entirely free, and that he can be saved by it, does not believe the fall… " he's right. How could they? If man is fallen and by nature a sinner, then his nature is to sin. But, let's say he does freely choose God in his own sinful nature; How would he give thanks to God for his salvation? Here is the only way I can think of.

Dear God thank you, for dyeing on the cross for me, and allowing me the opportunity to freely choose, and accept you. I know that you died for all men, but some don't accept it like I did. I would pray for them Lord, but I know there is nothing you can do, because the choice is theirs and they simply did not, or will not choose you like I did. For I know that many will Go to hell bought with the same price you paid for me.

They had the same grace offered them, but unlike me lord, they chose not to improve that grace like I did. I know that it was not your grace that made the difference between me and the unsaved Lord, but the fact that I improved what you did, and they simply chose not to. I used what you gave and they did not. So I'd thank you Lord, but actually I know that you will thank me for doing the right thing on my own with the free opportunity your gave.

I, and this is just me, but I have never meet a Christian in my life, and this includes me, who came to Christ without Christ first coming to them; and I have never heard an absurd prayer like the one I suggested, on free will.

No one prays like that in earnest. Every Christian I've meet gives thanks to God for what God has done unto them, and if we are saying that God only gives his word to man and not man the ability to "choose him", then we are saying man either has the ability or he does not freely on his own, yet that does not square with the fallen nature of man.

It's man's nature to think he is in control. That's a comforting thought to those who do not see anything else, in that one can only really place their faith in themselves and their own ability to choose God. How righteous they must be, and how honored God must feel to be accepted by them. too bad those rotten sinners can't get it together, but Christ can't do anything for them, only the good ones who are good enough to choose him can be saved. :sad

To know God is in control is to have faith in God and not in ourselves. :study

I cannot save myself, that's why I need Christ. Once I'd acknowledged that fact, everything else followed. But at any point I could have said no. Say yes to Christ, say no to Christ, it's a choice we all have. Christ has initiated it, by his death and resurrection. Without that, there is no choice to make.

I cannot save myself, that's why I need Christ. Once I'd acknowledged that fact, everything else followed. But at any point I could have said no. Say yes to Christ, say no to Christ, it's a choice we all have. Christ has initiated it, by his death and resurrection. Without that, there is no choice to make.

I understand your thoughts on this, and my point is not an argument against your salvation, or anyone else for that matter. But, I invite you think even deeper with it if you will. Add some questions to your thinking on this and search scripture. God can also soften or harden a heart as well, and our hearts on not the same as our thoughts.

I'll re-post a point from another thread.

The bible, on whole, is clear on several points.
1 we are sinful by nature.
2 we can not keep the law
3 Christ can keep the law, and did fulfill the law....... and
4 those who place their faith in what Christ can, and did do, are saved from the law. Those who place their faith in keeping the law will be judged in full measure of the law.

I understand your thoughts on this, and my point is not an argument against your salvation, or anyone else for that matter. But, I invite you think even deeper with it if you will. Add some questions to your thinking on this and search scripture. God can also soften or harden a heart as well, and our hearts on not the same as our thoughts.

4 those who place their faith in what Christ can, and did do, are saved from the law. Those who place their faith in keeping the law will be judged in full measure of the law.

I don't disagree with any of that at all

Actually the law of Christ fulfills the law of God. Waking in the Spirit satisfies the the righteousness of the law.

Many think that Jesus fulfills the law instead of us. But this is not so. Jesus empowers us to fulfill the law through grace.

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

The confusion comes from Paul trying to explain spiritual things to people who are without law.

Paul never claimed to be without the law of God...or lawless, but rather had ceased to utilize the law to make himself righteous. Grace empowers us to holiness through the new man to accomplish the will of God and His commandments BY ABIDING IN CHRIST who is our perfection.

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As a believer I fully expect and anticipate to hear these Words of Jesus spoken to me.

Would anyone like to man up on this matter?

Start by showing how 'you' yes YOU, have not done iniquity.

Where others hear fear from His Words, I hear much joy.

enjoy!

smaller

OK, Let's hear your take on this!

JLB

jlb

Unless they are blotted out of His book!

Thats impossible since all for whom Christ died have been sanctified, set apart for His Purpose once anf for all ! Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified in the greek text is in the perfect tense, its a done deal, never to be repeated again, its effects [Of His Death or Offering] are permanent !

So its impossible for any that Christ died for to ihave their names blotted out of any book !

Many think that Jesus fulfills the law instead of us. But this is not so. Jesus empowers us to fulfill the law through grace.

Well you should clarify that. You can't very well say that Christ did not fulfill the law handed down by God, and then say Jesus empowers us to fulfill something you said he can't. Let's be clear and not speak in riddles.

Christ Loved the Church and Gave Himself for it, and the Rest He never knew, and therefore He never suffered on their account. Those He knew and gave Himself for Eph 5:25-26

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Those He did not know Matt 7:22-23

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is certain therefore He never suffered on their account, and they would never have been given the privilege to Believe on His Name Phil 1:29

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

It is Given only to those He suffered in Behalf of !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back