Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study I noticed something about Genesis (God referenced as plural)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So I finally stopped putting off bible study and have been doing it properly! (Hurray!) :lol:study:dancing

God refers to himself as "they" at the start of genesis. I bet this is a hot topic as I have seen people using this to prove that God is "non-binary" or "transgender" (I don't think that..)

I notice among Christian circles people mostly debate whether it means God + angels and such, or the trinity. I was initially inclined to think of the trinity. But... Jesus didn't exist yet and breathed the holy spirit into us so that excludes the holy spirit and the son.

Let's keep this calm if there is a difference of opinion, but what do you guys think about this?

I'm wondering if it's been taken out of context somehow from the very original version of this? I'm also thinking perhaps time doesn't work the same way as we understand it and since God is divine, that is, much more intelligent than us, "they" DOES mean the trinity as more of a prophecy of what he knew would eventually happen? Though I feel that creates more questions than answers haha

Calm discussion, let's try to understand the truth better together! :)

So I finally stopped putting off bible study and have been doing it properly! (Hurray!) :lol:study:dancing

God refers to himself as "they" at the start of genesis. I bet this is a hot topic as I have seen people using this to prove that God is "non-binary" or "transgender" (I don't think that..)

I notice among Christian circles people mostly debate whether it means God + angels and such, or the trinity. I was initially inclined to think of the trinity. But... Jesus didn't exist yet and breathed the holy spirit into us so that excludes the holy spirit and the son.

Let's keep this calm if there is a difference of opinion, but what do you guys think about this?

I'm wondering if it's been taken out of context somehow from the very original version of this? I'm also thinking perhaps time doesn't work the same way as we understand it and since God is divine, that is, much more intelligent than us, "they" DOES mean the trinity as more of a prophecy of what he knew would eventually happen? Though I feel that creates more questions than answers haha

Calm discussion, let's try to understand the truth better together! :)
Trinity .

See John one ,verse one .

Start with that .

John 1:14 kjv
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Evidently words spoken by God exist as a reality, that will take place.

So let me back up.
John 1:1 kjv
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So
Jesus was involved with creation, when he was words.

I like the hidden man of the heart. The natural pacemaker of the heart that looks like a crucified man.
And scripture says he (Jesus) was slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:8 kjv
8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image,

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Put this together with John 1:1 and 1:14 we can see that Jesus is before the foundation of the world come in the flesh of man as being the very word of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back