Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I spoke against God in the past, can I be forgiven?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Ervin

I have said things against God in the past. First it was while on drugs, then because of Buddhism since they don't believe in God but karma. And I have been involved in Deism and atheism. I was on strong antidepressants when I was first involved in Deism and when I first started in atheism.

Right now I believe in God, I actually don't believe I believe, I believe that I know there is a God. I believe He is infinite and perfect without a drop of evil, that's a free things I can say about Him.

I am just not sure what religion to believe in. At this stage I go with omnism. Anyway, back to the question. Can I be forgiven according to the Bible? The bible seems preety clear that once you say a word against God you will never be forgiven. Is there something I have maybe missed?

Thanks

I have said things against God in the past. First it was while on drugs, then because of Buddhism since they don't believe in God but karma. And I have been involved in Deism and atheism. I was on strong antidepressants when I was first involved in Deism and when I first started in atheism.

Right now I believe in God, I actually don't believe I believe, I believe that I know there is a God. I believe He is infinite and perfect without a drop of evil, that's a free things I can say about Him.

I am just not sure what religion to believe in. At this stage I go with omnism. Anyway, back to the question. Can I be forgiven according to the Bible? The bible seems preety clear that once you say a word against God you will never be forgiven. Is there something I have maybe missed?

Thanks

Matthew 12:31-32 clearly show what Jesus has to say on this subject.
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

The fact that you are asking indicates you have NOT blasphemed the Holy Spirit, which is the ONLY unforgivable sin. So I would say don't worry and press on to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
God Bless.

Ervin,

Stan nailed it... you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit... You haven't committed the "unpardonable sin". You most certainly can be forgiven.

You have an awakening of spiritual truth, I encourage you to pursue this God who is infinite, perfect and holy... Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find..."

The Apostle Paul once stood before the men of Athens at a little shrine dedicated to an "unknown god". Paul said that God, "having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent.."

Repent and come to know Jesus better.

Thanks

Stan covers it well. Just to give you some clarity on blaspheming against the Holy Spirit and how do you know if you have done that. To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit as I understand it is to reject God to the extent that your hard becomes so hardened against the gentle prods of God that you can no longer feel or hear them.

You reach the point of no return when you no longer respond. The point I am trying to make is that the fact you are hear seeking answers proves you have not reached that point.

You mentioned you are not quite sure what religion to believe in so to help you on that journey of discovery feel free to ask ANY questions about Christianity you have and we here at the forum will try and assist you with them.

John O

Just another +1 for what Stan's reply.

The fact that you are concerned is proof you are not a blasphemer.

Thanks everyone. It's very nice to be told that you havent did something you can't repent since the God I feel so to say is a lot like a monotheistic God.

Ervin, Paul in the bible was chosen by Jesus after he condoned the death by stoning of a follower of christ named Stephen and he personally persecuted the early christians. Paul after that went on to write part of the bible and help establish the christian church and lead many to Christ.

You know God has been called a lot of things, but one thing you can call him is a forgiver.

When you become a christian you become justified in Gods eyes.

justified is like (Just if I had never sinned) Sins past and present were forgiven at conversion and belief in Jesus as savior.

It is all good you didn't hurt God, nor is a lightning bolt coming out of heaven to get you. He loves you and knows you were acting without the knowledge you have now. He loved you before during and after.

Our God is awsome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks

YES! Of course you can be forgiven! :biggrin

Thanks
I think you will be forgiven if you stop doing it.

Back