Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I think God told some people I emailed not to pray for me anymore

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am not looking for a debate. I remember emailing two people of God back and forth a lot several years ago. I think God told them not to pray for me anymore like God told Jeremiah not to pray for those people anymore.

I am not looking for a debate. I remember emailing two people of God back and forth a lot several years ago. I think God told them not to pray for me anymore like God told Jeremiah not to pray for those people anymore.
I don't recall reading where God told Jeremiah not to pray for others. Can you point out the Scripture that says this. There may be a context to consider.

Beyond that I do not know that God would tell anyoe to not pray for others. In fact, He tells us just the opposite even when it involves our enemies.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,...

Matthew 5:43-44 NKJV

27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

Luke 6:27-28 NKJV

34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”
Luke 23:34 NKJV

Last edited:
The prophet Jeremiah. God told him not to pray for his fellow Israelites. Three times God told Jeremiah, “
do not pray for this people
, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for
I do not hear you
” (Jer. 7:16; cf. 11:14; 14:11). The reason behind God’s command was that He had decided to judge and punish His people (Jer. 7:20) because they’d repeatedly broken their covenant with Him by disobeying His commands and pursuing other gods, which He had forbidden (Ex. 20:2-4; cf. Ezek. 20:4-24).
[1]
Israel’s idolatry was terrible in Jeremiah’s day and included human sacrifice, as many caused their children to be burned alive (Jer. 19:4-5; cf. Ezek. 16:20-21; 20:25-26, 31). Over and over again, Israel disobeyed God’s commands and would not change their behavior (Jer. 7:21-26; 11:1-13).
[2]
Though Jeremiah had repeatedly spoken God’s Word to them for over two decades (Jer. 25:3), the people openly defied His message, telling him, “As for the message that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we are not going to listen to you!” (Jer. 44:16). Their hearts were hardened to God’s Word. If Israel had listened to God and turned back to Him from their idolatry, God would have reversed His discipline and provided blessing instead (Jer. 7:3-7). Until they changed their ways, no amount of prayer was going to change their situation. God would not be moved by their pleas, or the petitions of His prophets.

Most of the time Christians prayers cannot help you Andrewoder1999, we simply cannot gain a relationship with you and our heavenly Father. You have to do it yourself sir. We who have been sent can encourage you, give you words of wisdom from God's word, and help you with problems you might be encountering, but never underestimate the power of prayer sir. God already knows what you need before you ask, but please do ask.

I seriously doubt anyone who says this heard from God. You’ll notice God didn’t tell Jeremiah to go and tell them. And secondly I seriously doubt those who said this are of the caliber Jeremiah was.

Most of the time Christians prayers cannot help you Andrewoder1999, we simply cannot gain a relationship with you and our heavenly Father. You have to do it yourself sir. We who have been sent can encourage you, give you words of wisdom from God's word, and help you with problems you might be encountering, but never underestimate the power of prayer sir. God already knows what you need before you ask, but please do ask.
I’ve tried to refocus my thoughts by praying to Jesus for several months. it hasn’t worked. Ive heard it takes months to even begin to see progress.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

That light you are seeing is the light of Christ that God is drawing you to. You can not do it on your own as salvation comes through Christ Jesus who died for our sins and God rose Him again on the third day that all who will believe in Him will have eternal life with Him.

I’ve tried to refocus my thoughts by praying to Jesus for several months. it hasn’t worked. Ive heard it takes months to even begin to see progress.
That might be one reason Andrewoder1999 who you are addressing your prayers to sir. Jesus instructed us how to pray, and some things that are appropriate to pray for at Mat 6:9-13. Take note of this passage as well: (John 15:16) . . .You did not choose me, but I chose you, and I appointed you to go and keep bearing fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that no matter what you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

The first step of everlasting life is taking in knowledge, coming to know God and Jesus. If you would be interested in a Bible study, please message me, or if you simply have any questions about the Bible I will do my best to answer them sir.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back