Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

If a Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door

Proceed to say this.

JW: Hello! Would you be interested in a copy of the Watchtower?/Hello! Would you like to join my church?

You: What are your beliefs

JW: Oh we believe in works to get into Heaven and only 144,000 are going to Heaven

You: Well you better stop knocking on these doors or there wont be room for you!

My Mom said that to a JW once and the expression on his face was as if he had just been hit by a brick.

Proceed to say this.

JW: Hello! Would you be interested in a copy of the Watchtower?/Hello! Would you like to join my church?

You: What are your beliefs

JW: Oh we believe in works to get into Heaven and only 144,000 are going to Heaven

You: Well you better stop knocking on these doors or there wont be room for you!

My Mom said that to a JW once and the expression on his face was as if he had just been hit by a brick.

Haha! Dude, that's hilarious :D

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a Christian, I would always keep some religious literature pertaining to my beliefs with in arms reach of the door and counter their efforts by offering THEM a bible study. I always made sure to address there most adoment doctrinal views. Needless to say, they weren't around for long! ;)

After many attempts to tell them I wasn't ever going to be a Witness, and I'm not interested, and please stop coming to my house, I sent them running with a single scripture.

You see, they teach that no one in the Old Testament can be saved, and that when Genesis 5:24 says God "took" Enoch, that was just another way of saying he died like everybody else.

Hebrews 11:5 from THEIR OWN translation says, "By faith Enoch was transferred so as not to see death."

How do they reconcile that?

"Well," they hemmed and hawed, "I'll ask my supervisor about that, and I'll come back and give you the answer."

As long as I lived at that house, no Jehovah's Witness ever came to my door again.

After many attempts to tell them I wasn't ever going to be a Witness, and I'm not interested, and please stop coming to my house, I sent them running with a single scripture.

You see, they teach that no one in the Old Testament can be saved, and that when Genesis 5:24 says God "took" Enoch, that was just another way of saying he died like everybody else.

Hebrews 11:5 from THEIR OWN translation says, "By faith Enoch was transferred so as not to see death."

How do they reconcile that?

"Well," they hemmed and hawed, "I'll ask my supervisor about that, and I'll come back and give you the answer."

As long as I lived at that house, no Jehovah's Witness ever came to my door again.

Great missile!:thumbsup

JW's once came to my house and wanted to speak with my mom. My mom was a babe in Christ and I absolutely kept interfering and challenging the woman who tried to witness to my mother. She was visibley upset and asked my mom if she could not speak for herself. I told her no and then she mumbled the scripture about shaking the dust off her feet, to which I gave her a right back at ya.

They came like flies after that but I was ready. I invited them to sit on my porch and double-teamed them with my best friend. We challenged them on everything from the name Jehovah to Jesus being the arch angel Michael.

Everytime they came back they had somebody different with them...and I had more ammuniition ready.

Dee

Back