Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If Biden Can't Get Trump Jailed, What Else Can He Do To Save His Floundering Presidency ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If Israel was to fall ,all the stand would be fighting over which part of it should be in syria,jordan,Egypt .
There would be no Palestinians as well Egypt and Jordan ,kuwait ,and irc syria purged them in the past
Egypt doesn't take them refugees nor has Lebanon and syria
Hmmm. Not a good sign...

So, I see. You don't really have a verse to give me. Just some numerology, as was expected.

You assume I don't understand why, but you would be wrong. I probably know more of the scripture than you do, or the references I make to them wouldn't be so lost upon you, I'm guessing the basket of figs is something unfamiliar to you. But here is what I understand about your faith. You were led to the Bible and convinced that everything in it is true the way they tell it to you simply because Israel is a nation again, without the modern state of Israel, your faith would be shaken, as it is now because the foundation of you faith derives from the modern State of Israel, not a true faith in Christ. It is because of the modern State of Israel that you place your faith in a book and then throw away all other reason, including claiming the earth is only six thousand years old, simply because the nation Israel is real for you

But if your faith was truly founded in Christ, then I think you would not be trying to justify the actions of a rogue state with a history of disobedience and wickedness. If your faith was founded in Christ, then you would hear the cries Palestinian people, or the voices of the student protestors rather than besmirch them. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Hamas is the peacemaker?
Palestinian children throwing stones at Israelis is being the peacemaker?
Their children teaching them to HATE THE JEWS from BIRTH...are being the peacemakers?
Putting bombs on buses is being a peacemaker?
And in schools,
And shopping centers.

And MY faith does NOT depend on Israel - maybe for the other member it does.
But I don't have this problem.
I have the facts....only the facts.

So, I see. You don't really have a verse to give me. Just some numerology, as was expected.
Hi ezrider,

Yeah, the same numerology that shows how, from the angel's prophetic words given to Daniel take us to the very day that Jesus was set to be crucified. Yes, that numerology that God's prophecies depend on quite a lot.
But if your faith was truly founded in Christ, then I think you would not be trying to justify the actions of a rogue state
I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just telling you what the Scriptures say about the matter of the Jewish people. That, per God's own words, they are His people and that per His own words, He is still mindful of them still today. And as I explained, while they, like you and I, struggle with keeping the law, turning away from sin, they did the work for which God had raised them up to do. They were not acting rogue when they killed Jesus. It was the ultimate work that God had destined for them to do from the beginning.

God had it written in His Scriptures hundreds of years before the event, exactly how Jesus would be betrayed and die. He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. That 30 pieces of silver was to come from the 'Potter's house'. That's God. He's the Potter. David wrote a psalm describing the agony and events surrounding Jesus as he hung on that cross. Friend, everything the Jews did with Jesus, the Jews were supposed to do with Jesus. If they hadn't accomplished the death of the perfect Lamb, then you or I could never take part in God's plan of salvation. So yes, I have a special affection for the Jewish people because I know that they did do what God asked of them to do, as far as setting up His plan of salvation.
I probably know more of the scripture than you do, or the references I make to them wouldn't be so lost upon you, I'm guessing the basket of figs is something unfamiliar to you.
But look, as you claim, you know the Scriptures better than I do. Which is why I'm so surprised that you don't understand the overall plan that God has laid out for us that He has been working throughout the times of the old covenant. The raising up of the Jewish nation to record His words. What we hold today to be the true words of God given to His people as He worked with and through them to build up a nation of people from one man. To walk with them and teach them and love them, despite their rebellion to His law, that we all struggle with.

But God had a plan already considered and set in motion. A plan for which He caused many of His prophets to write prophecy after prophecy, that His Holy Spirit guarded throughout the working out of the God's plan with His people. God raised up a people to write His Scrptures...they did! God raised up a people through whose hands upon the earth, He would complete the plan of His Son, the servant, paying the ultimate price for sin. And God wasn't going to leave the most valuable person to Him to die at the hands of Gentiles. That wasn't the plan.
You were led to the Bible and convinced that everything in it is true
Yes, I do believe that the Scriptures, delivered to us through God's people, is the truth concerning God and all that He has done that we might have eternal life. All that He has done that we even have this life. Yes, the Scriptures come from God and are, therefore, absolutely and completely true. That's what Paul declared when he asked rhetorically, "What value is there in being a Jew? Much in every way, BUT CHEIF AMONG THEM is that they were entrusted with the very oracles of God.
without the modern state of Israel, your faith would be shaken, as it is now because the foundation of you faith derives from the modern State of Israel, not a true faith in Christ.
Look friend, I understand that you've got it all figured out, but no, you're wrong about my faith being shaken without the modern state of Israel. All I'm saying here is that this particular issue was foretold in the Scriptures and yes, I find confidence in that, that God's word is true. But my faith is in Jesus and his sacrifice for my sin, that God brought about through the hands of His people.

God bless,
Ted

Hamas is the peacemaker?
Palestinian children throwing stones at Israelis is being the peacemaker?
Their children teaching them to HATE THE JEWS from BIRTH...are being the peacemakers?
Putting bombs on buses is being a peacemaker?
And in schools,
And shopping centers.

Nice way twist it around to suite your own narrative.

No, I was talking about the students protesting on college campuses across the world, the ones you and your ilk would try and besmirch.

And MY faith does NOT depend on Israel - maybe for the other member it does.
But I don't have this problem.
I have the facts....only the facts.

Your defensive reaction to a comment not made to you would imply your faith rests upon the state of Israel more than you would allow yourself to admit. The modern state of Israel make the Bible real for them, making it the foundation of their faith in Christ.

But look, as you claim, you know the Scriptures better than I do. Which is why I'm so surprised that you don't understand the overall plan that God has laid out for us that He has been working throughout the times of the old covenant. The raising up of the Jewish nation to record His words. What we hold today to be the true words of God given to His people as He worked with and through them to build up a nation of people from one man. To walk with them and teach them and love them, despite their rebellion to His law, that we all struggle with.

But God had a plan already considered and set in motion. A plan for which He caused many of His prophets to write prophecy after prophecy, that His Holy Spirit guarded throughout the working out of the God's plan with His people. God raised up a people to write His Scrptures...they did! God raised up a people through whose hands upon the earth, He would complete the plan of His Son, the servant, paying the ultimate price for sin. And God wasn't going to leave the most valuable person to Him to die at the hands of Gentiles. That wasn't the plan.

So I gather by your answer, the basket of figs is unfamiliar to you. That's all you had to say.

Yeah, the same numerology that shows how, from the angel's prophetic words given to Daniel take us to the very day that Jesus was set to be crucified. Yes, that numerology that God's prophecies depend on quite a lot.

And by your numerology, I would assume that you, like many others here, think Daniel's 70th week is still yet future. Would I be correct in my assumption?

I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just telling you what the Scriptures say about the matter of the Jewish people. That, per God's own words, they are His people and that per His own words, He is still mindful of them still today. And as I explained, while they, like you and I, struggle with keeping the law, turning away from sin, they did the work for which God had raised them up to do. They were not acting rogue when they killed Jesus. It was the ultimate work that God had destined for them to do from the beginning.

God had it written in His Scriptures hundreds of years before the event, exactly how Jesus would be betrayed and die. He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. That 30 pieces of silver was to come from the 'Potter's house'. That's God. He's the Potter. David wrote a psalm describing the agony and events surrounding Jesus as he hung on that cross. Friend, everything the Jews did with Jesus, the Jews were supposed to do with Jesus. If they hadn't accomplished the death of the perfect Lamb, then you or I could never take part in God's plan of salvation. So yes, I have a special affection for the Jewish people because I know that they did do what God asked of them to do, as far as setting up His plan of salvation.

What does any of this have to do with the modern State of Israel?

And by your numerology, I would assume that you, like many others here, think Daniel's 70th week is still yet future. Would I be correct in my assumption?
Hi ezrider

Well, at this point, no one has provided a 7 year period that fits 'all' of the descriptors given of things that would be happening during it, so yes, I believe the final 7 years is still to come. What 7 year period do you have in mind that fits?

God bless,
Ted

What does any of this have to do with the modern State of Israel?
I'm just offering Scriptural support for the Jews not being quite the bad guys that you make them out to be. Look, if you would rather support the position of the Gazans and their Hamas leadership, then you're free to do that.

God bless,
Ted

Hi ezrider

Well, at this point, no one has provided a 7 year period that fits 'all' of the descriptors given of things that would be happening during it, so yes, I believe the final 7 years is still to come. What 7 year period do you have in mind that fits?

God bless,
Ted

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

These things did Jesus accomplished 2000 years ago. By his crucifixion he made reconciliation for iniquity and made an end of sins. By his resurrection he brought everlasting righteousness, and was anointed most Holy. And when he hung upon the cross, he said it is finished, sealing the vision and the prophecy.

To deny that and to look for a future week is to deny the work of Christ himself.

Nice way twist it around to suite your own narrative.

Just as we all do EZ.
Interesting that we all think we have THE TRUTH.
When there is ONLY ONE TRUTH.

Do you ever stop to wonder:
WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

No, I was talking about the students protesting on college campuses across the world, the ones you and your ilk would try and besmirch.

I do besmirch them.
The universities are getting what they deserve and what they brainwashed those students to believe.

ANYONE, that could wave a flag and chant that they are FOR Hammas and AGAINST Israel -bowing down to terrorists that would just as soon cut off their head as steal a candy bar from them...
must have something seriously wrong with their line of reasoning.

Your defensive reaction to a comment not made to you would imply your faith rests upon the state of Israel more than you would allow yourself to admit. The modern state of Israel make the Bible real for them, making it the foundation of their faith in Christ.
These defensive actions just kill me every time.

Yeah. Let's save Israel or there goes GG's faith !!!

I'm just offering Scriptural support for the Jews not being quite the bad guys that you make them out to be. Look, if you would rather support the position of the Gazans and their Hamas leadership, then you're free to do that.

God bless,
Ted

I would appreciate it if you would properly frame statements of my position correctly. You are the one attempting to imply that I have said the Jews are the bad guy, when I have not. I have directed my comments towards the Zionists. There are many Jewish people who are not Zionist, and there are some who believe the State to be an abomination. There are many Jewish students who are protesting sided by side with Muslim students and Christians students.

There is a distinction to be made when defending humanity. The Palestinians in Gaza deserved to be treated humanely. Nowhere have I said I support Hamas. Now you can play the same tricks that the mainstream media plays on you, and say that if I am against the actions and policies of the State of Israel, that somehow I must therefore be supporting the terrorists. That is just pathetic Ted, but then you are free to do that.

What we are not free to do is boycott the State of Israel for any reason what so ever.

I do besmirch them.
The universities are getting what they deserve and what they brainwashed those students to believe.

ANYONE, that could wave a flag and chant that they are FOR Hammas and AGAINST Israel -bowing down to terrorists that would just as soon cut off their head as steal a candy bar from them...
must have something seriously wrong with their line of reasoning.

Your hatred doth burst forth against those whom stand opposed to apartheid and a genocide.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

👀

ezrider

I got a video!
It seems to be the thing to do here.

I guess she should be asked if we should restore nazi Germany because of Dresden .

We bombed civilian targets because the axis would simply move the employees who worked the factories and rebuild them in weeks .so the allies started bombing those area where Intel said it might be .

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

These things did Jesus accomplished 2000 years ago. By his crucifixion he made reconciliation for iniquity and made an end of sins. By his resurrection he brought everlasting righteousness, and was anointed most Holy. And when he hung upon the cross, he said it is finished, sealing the vision and the prophecy.

To deny that and to look for a future week is to deny the work of Christ himself.
Hi ezrider

Yeah, but if you read past that, you'll see that it says that after 69 weeks Messiah is cut off. Everything you're pointing out occurred within that 69 week period. Then the prophecy goes on to talk about things that will be happening after the 69 sevens in which Messiah is cut off. What period of history do you feel meets the descriptors given of that period after the 69 sevens?

And you'll have to explain to me 'how' denying that there is a future week somehow denies the work of Christ himself. Just what exactly is there in believing that there is still a final week of years to be accomplished that denies the work of Christ himself? I mean, really, work that out for me. What about believing that there is still a final week of Daniel's prophecy of the 70 sevens that destroys the work of Christ himself?

God bless,
Ted

I guess she should be asked if we should restore nazi Germany because of Dresden .

We bombed civilian targets because the axis would simply move the employees who worked the factories and rebuild them in weeks .so the allies started bombing those area where Intel said it might be .

I would prefer it if you would use they or them. Please don't refer to me as she!

My history is a bit foggy at the moment. If I'm not mistaken that all occurred sometime before the Geneva Convention, which makes it irrelevant as far as International Law concerning War Crimes is concerned. Israel is a member state bound to that international law.

Let's see what happens after the ICC issues the arrest warrants, and the case being made by South Africa before the ICJ.

Yeah, but if you read past that, you'll see that it says that after 69 weeks Messiah is cut off. Everything you're pointing out occurred within that 69 week period. Then the prophecy goes on to talk about things that will be happening after the 69 sevens in which Messiah is cut off. What period of history do you feel meets the descriptors given of that period after the 69 sevens?

It was 69 weeks until Messiah the Prince. The Ministry of Jesus did not begin until the 70th week, or the final seven year period where he confirmed the New Covenant with many. In the midst of the 70th week, which comes directly after the 69th week, Messiah the Prince is cut off, but not for himself, but for the salvation of all. Then after the Resurrection and the day of Pentecost and the outpouring of the His Spirit he finished the week in everlasting righteousness.

And you'll have to explain to me 'how' denying that there is a future week somehow denies the work of Christ himself. Just what exactly is there in believing that there is still a final week of years to be accomplished that denies the work of Christ himself? I mean, really, work that out for me. What about believing that there is still a final week of Daniel's prophecy of the 70 sevens that destroys the work of Christ himself?

To say that the last week has not happened is to say Jesus did not do these things.

Hi ezrider

I'm interested in your thoughts here, but I don't think this is the place. This is the politics and current events section. I've already been called once for mixing my theology with politics.

I'll send you a PM

God bless,
Ted

I can not make you watch this video miamited, but I sure would like to know what your heart told you as a Christian.

You want to know why I will not support Joe Biden for president? You want to know why Joe Biden will not win the next election? Watch the video and tell me what you see? It is the legacy Joe Biden is leaving for himself.

Do you think that kind of destruction is justified to target a terrorist cell hidden deep beneath the ground in tunnels? Or is the war against Hamas a pretext for something else?

What do you think of Joe Biden condemning the ICC who have been requested arrest warrants for Bibi and someone else, along with 3 Hamas leader. They have clearly broken all kinds of international laws. I say let them have their day in court, and let the truth be known. At this point, Joe as no other option than to condemn it emphatically and say that this is not a genocide. If he was to say otherwise he would be incriminating himself as an accomplice and enabler. By the way, did you see in the news today how the humanitarian aid being brought into Gaza by the Joe Biden floating peer, which has been unloading nearly 500 tons of food and supplies since last Friday, none of it has yet to leave the staging area on the beach? It's his legacy now. There is no turning back.

Like I said, I can't make you watch the video, but I would sure like to know what your heart tells you as a Christian.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back