Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

If Jesus walked this earth today

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You wouldn't have to. Dare I say vegetarian diet?

Pull the other leg!

My Dr told me yesterday that I need one meal of red meat a week for vitamin D intake and too much red meat has been linked to bowel cancer.

So, beef, mutton, pork, chicken and seafood are on my meat-eating agenda. Even the Amish agree with this.

This is included in Amish diet:

Amish also may raise their own livestock. Many Amish have laying hens which produce a steady stream of eggs. Chickens may be slaughtered for meat. Other Amish may raise pigs for the same purposes.​

Oz

Last edited:
Law enforcement doesn't have the authority to order him to give it away. All they have the authority to do is issue a citation if they believe this person violated the law. The courts would have to make the decision about what the penalty would be and then law enforcement may be called to enforce the sentence. Of course in the mean time, he could have just dumped the ice on the ground and let it melt.
After severe hurricanes the law is whatever the cops say it is. All that civility stuff goes out the window.

After severe hurricanes the law is whatever the cops say it is. All that civility stuff goes out the window.

We have cyclones Down Under. In emergency situations, whether they are cyclones, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc, the police and emergency services have govt legislation in Australia for them to use to take action to deal with the emergency.

'The law is whatever the cops say it is' might be the law of the jungle in some areas, but it is not what takes place here in civilised Australia.

I consider you do a disservice to the emergency people by labelling them with jungle rules.

Oz

We have cyclones Down Under. In emergency situations, whether they are cyclones, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc, the police and emergency services have govt legislation in Australia for them to use to take action to deal with the emergency.

'The law is whatever the cops say it is' might be the law of the jungle in some areas, but it is not what takes place here in civilised Australia.

I consider you do a disservice to the emergency people by labelling them with jungle rules.

Oz
Just stating the facts as I've witnessed them and heard from others. One of the untold/unreported stories that came from New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was that a lot of the bodies that were recovered had bullet holes in them. The cops and National Guard looked out for themselves and weren't concerned with civil rights.

Just stating the facts as I've witnessed them and heard from others. One of the untold/unreported stories that came from New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was that a lot of the bodies that were recovered had bullet holes in them. The cops and National Guard looked out for themselves and weren't concerned with civil rights.

Please provide documentation for that, Dan, so that others can look into such illegal activity.

Making an allegation of such on a Christian forum, without documented evidence, is not the way to establish one's case.

In times of war, some horrible things are done - without justification from the govt. Take a look at what happened under Nero and the other Roman emperors, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, etc. However, that's the reign of terror and of lawlessness.

Oz

Please provide documentation for that, Dan, so that others can look into such illegal activity.

Making an allegation of such on a Christian forum, without documented evidence, is not the way to establish one's case.

In times of war, some horrible things are done - without justification from the govt. Take a look at what happened under Nero and the other Roman emperors, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, etc. However, that's the reign of terror and of lawlessness.

Oz
Well I can't very well go grab a co-worker at the refinery and tell him that I need him to tell everything his in-law, the National Guardsman, said happened there......just not practical nor feasible. As far as what I witnessed in the aftermath of Hurricanes......well either I'm crazy, lying, joking or telling you the truth. You be the judge.

Oz
One thing I want to make clear. The authorities were not the ones doing the shooting. Gangs/thugs were the ones taking advantage of the lawlessness. The authorities on site were concerned with defending themselves from the armed criminals.

Well I can't very well go grab a co-worker at the refinery and tell him that I need him to tell everything his in-law, the National Guardsman, said happened there......just not practical nor feasible. As far as what I witnessed in the aftermath of Hurricanes......well either I'm crazy, lying, joking or telling you the truth. You be the judge.

I'm asking for documented evidence and not personal allegations. You have not provided evidence, but have made assertions. They may or may not be true. They would need to be investigated to determine the accuracy of your statements.

Only if we allow it. If what you're saying is true, then the law enforcement personnel are taking advantage of the people's ignorance unless of course the governor declared marshall law. In that case, there could be something there.

My apologies. It would appear my thoughts brought this thread way off topic.

Good question.

I also wonder how much would be different if He grew up / had his ministry in another part of the world.
I imagine NYC is quite different from Jerusalem, even in modern times.

Maybe He came when He did because it would be more difficult now? We'd just dismiss everything as camera tricks.
Or maybe the government, wherever he was, would label him not just a troublemaker, but a terrorist. (It seems like that term is thrown around a lot lately, and it is a "good excuse" to give someone a death penalty)

In order to be the perfect sacrifice He had to be sacrificed by the Temple administration of the kingdom. Being sacrificed by the Mayans, for example, would've been useless for they were not God's people. It all had to go down the way it did in the place it did and in the time it did and we must trust it was perfect in timing, location and method. All according to plan.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back