Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If you lost your spouse, would you remarry?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Angel

Sometimes I worry about my husband dying. Not all the time, but on occasion. I'm sure all married people have that thought.

Anyway,

If my husband died, I would not remarry. Our situation is unique and blessed. I could have what I have now with anybody else.

after 50 years i will not give up the remote if i get it :)

today i would not.... yesteryear i most likely would have....

Sometimes I worry about my husband dying. Not all the time, but on occasion. I'm sure all married people have that thought.

Anyway,

If my husband died, I would not remarry. Our situation is unique and blessed. I could have what I have now with anybody else.

I would be heartbroken. But the Lord would lead me, on whether or not to. For now, I owe it to my dear wife not even to contemplate being with anyone else other than her dear self.

My age :) I could not re-adapt ..the whole his grand kids, my grand and now great grand kids, thing.... I see zero harm in remarrying. Nor should one feel they must remarry. While remembering fornication is a sin even for old folks.

My age :) I could not re-adapt ..the whole his grand kids, my grand and now great grand kids, thing.... I see zero harm in remarrying. Nor should one feel they must remarry. While remembering fornication is a sin even for old folks.

I see. :)

If my wife died would I remarry? No. I married my wife to be with me for all time, even if only in spirit. There IS no other woman for me.

Anyway,

Maybe what you're really saying is you would not expect to meet anyone as special as the mate you have now. If that's really what the point is then I'd say the chances of you meeting someone else who is special are not automatically zero.

I wouldn't remarry for the same reasons Reba said, but if all the pieces fell into place that suited my desire (and courage) to remarry, I would.

If my wife died would I remarry? No. I married my wife to be with me for all time, even if only in spirit. There IS no other woman for me.
If this is the case, then maybe it really would be better for you to not remarry, even if you did meet someone you wanted to marry. You'd always be comparing your new spouse to your deceased spouse--and most likely getting terribly disappointed, even if they are a great person.

Disappointment and unmet expectations is a major obstacle to overcome in any marriage whether what we measure our spouses by is a real or imagined person. Maybe the saddest marriage there is is the one where one of the two is carrying a torch for another person. It's impossible for a person to have a divided heart in a marriage.

If this is the case, then maybe it really would be better for you to not remarry, even if you did meet someone you wanted to marry. You'd always be comparing your new spouse to your deceased spouse--and most likely getting terribly disappointed, even if they are a great person.

Disappointment and unmet expectations is a major obstacle to overcome in any marriage whether what we measure our spouses by is a real or imagined person. Maybe the saddest marriage there is is the one where one of the two is carrying a torch for another person. It's impossible for a person to have a divided heart in a marriage.

I have no intention of ever remarrying, and I don't need validation from comments by anyone else, such as "maybe it would really be better for you to not remarry..." I'm strong and confident in my faith, and don't need others to tell me what is or isn't better for me to do.

Seems like all of us have the same point of view!

Angel: While at the level of very, very abstract hypothesis I would not say categorically that I would never remarry; yet in my present, highly blessed circumstances I can't imagine it. Blessings.

PS: Marriage is an earthly arrangement, though; in heaven people neither marry nor are given in marriage, as the Lord Jesus said, so it is a blessed state that relates to people's circumstances on earth.

To remarry is not something I would think about now
I will not know unless I am by myself. I have seen other Christian people remarry and very happily.
Love determines it.
I love my wife now.
Tomorrow has its own problems

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back