Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If you were to go on vacation:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ah. I think I would get scared.

I would be scared if I was in the water with a white or bull or tiger shark, the others not as much. In a big boat I just pull faces at them because they cant get me. Lol. But really, most sharks would necer attack a person for no reason, just dont splash and move fast and look like a juicy live bait.

I assume you know my obvious next question- but whats the biggest you've ever caught? And what kinds was it?

What would happen if you ran into a shark or something?
Angel, I have a good shark story for you. The ship I was on had 45 people so lots of food thrown overboard after each meal.
The Panama Canal had a law; ships could not throw food over board within 3 days of land; it would attract sharks to close to shore. So all ships passing through would dump food scraps just before they entered the 3 day zone; and that is where many sharks gathered to get scraps from many ships dumping food overboard. while inside the zone ships kept scraps until they passed through the canal and 3 days out would dump the scraps on other side; again sharks gathered there also for the scraps. When a ship got to the canal it may have to wait two days before it could go through because only a certain amount
could go through at a time so you wait your turn while hoarding scraps. So one trip after we got to the other side we threw out the scraps right at the 3 day zone and went about 1/2 day and saw a man overboard. We turned the ship toward him and got him on board. He had a life vest on and his arms were tied to his sides. he told us someone got angry at him and tied him up and threw him overboard off his ship. He was very lucky we came by and found him, the Captain made a radio call and a helicopter came and picked him up.

Interesting! I thought sharks just ate other fish!
That poor guy!!! I'm so glad you found him!

Its called chum, or as I call it burly. It just attacts the fish. You can see nothing in the water, then throw in some burly and the water will start bubbling with bait fish. I see if I can find a video clip to show you what I mean.

Please do as I have no idea what you are talking about LOL

Burly is the key to catching fish, I usually use about 10 kilograms each time I go. People dont catch fish because they dont burly and attract the fish first, not only does it attract the fish it gets them on the bite.

No burly = Fish might not eat. No fish around
Burly = Fish frenzy

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back