Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Immersion Baptism vs HolyGhost Baptism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Greetings to you all in the love of our Lord Christ Jesus

Please let me start by asking a question, wouldn't both be just as important?

Some Church's teach that you can not have the Holy Spirit unless one is baptized (water). I'm not sure about all the theories out there and the teachings of what can, and can not move the Holy Spirit. What I would suggest though, is that both are important in a believers life. If I may, I would like to correct some of the misunderstandings that to be baptized in the Spirit means one can speak in tongues. There are many gifts that the Holy Spirit uses, speaking in tongues is just one of them; but the Holy Spirit gives each person their own unique gift. Some believers make wonderful teachers, some counselors, and others pastors etc.
When we are baptized (water) I believe, it's an outward expression of an inward change, by accepting Christ Jesus as Lord. When we are baptized (Spirit) I believe, that is when God will use the believer to fulfill their calling by doing the work of the Lord and speaking to us through the Word of God. I think the Church get's hung up on different theories and theologies regarding this subject which is why there are so many threads created about the subject. But if you have been baptized and doing the work of the Lord, you are fulfilling the race that has been set before you. We all have a different race in life, but we all are trying to achieve the same goal.... Heaven

God Bless you all
and thank you for taking the time to here me rant

Splendid.

But why would some NOT believe? In my church...it is almost a criminal offence not to be baptised. Yet Others tell you...it isn't important.

What a great lesson in how to start a thread that gets a lot of posts very quickly and has a lot of potential for drama. Just say you have to speak in tongues if you are a true believer baptized in the Holy Spirit, then sit back and watch the show! :-D

That was an honest question. Bible stuff is something spiritual. It is never a game of soccer where one knows all...and becomes an expert overnight.

If the bible was as straightforward as soccer...I would have by now been a professor, Very Reverend Super Pope.:biggrin

The disciples asked a lot of questions and Christ was eager to help them. Most of the questions seems totally stupid. However Christ satisified all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we were taught (altho any of the two can come first):
1. Once you believe, you are baptised. (Water Baptism or immersion). Baptism.

2. You need (and let me use another language here) to be filled with the Holy Ghost (as some put it 'speaking in tongues'). Normally these people are prayed for in church and 90% speak the first day. Awesome! (tho it must be this call-them-out-and-pray fot them procedure)

But some individuals tell you today both are not important, or one is this or that.

Classic, Which part of a soccer ball would/could you leave out and still have a quality soccer ball?

God is not a super market where we pick stuff off the shelve, doesn't work that way. As Sparrow said,
Part of your question involves some slight confusion because it asks others who may have Heard His Voice for their opinion, rather than asking directly as you are directed. You know the word, it is in your mouth. This is accomplished by the Holy Spirit alone. Ask, and it shall be answered. Seek and you shall find, Knock and the door shall be opened.
ask God He will give you truth..... We humans, we members here will try to be of help. Jesus is your Shepherd His Word gives us both baptisms are you willing to give one back tell Him you don't need/want it?

Classic, Which part of a soccer ball would/could you leave out and still have a quality soccer ball?
taekwandoism and robbingdism;)

taekwandoism and robbingdism

Not knowing enough about soccer (I know more about that crass sport called 'football' in the states than the noble sport of soccer) I am very happy to let you guide me in this area that I know you are expert in. As always, Sir: :toofunny

Blessings,
Your Sparrow

What a great lesson in how to start a thread that gets a lot of posts very quickly and has a lot of potential for drama. Just say you have to speak in tongues if you are a true believer baptized in the Holy Spirit, then sit back and watch the show! :-D

ha ha

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back