Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Important verse and topic

Link1983

Hold fast to saying the same thing (as the Word)
Not to serious about this. More as a what first comes to mind.
Not a right or wrong answer here because everything has its place.

So on to the question:

What do you consider as the five most important books and/or verses and/or topics in the Bible?

Important.. or maybe most interesting. Or most helpful..

Important.. or maybe most interesting. Or most helpful..
In these times, it is the very last verse of the Old Testament:

He shall turn back the hearts of the fathers unto the sons, and the hearts of the sons unto the fathers, to stop that I should come and apply upon the land it's cursedness.

This is a sound warning to the world in this age, where those with the power to dominate those who are subjected, do not handle their power reponsibly but instead perverting justice by abusing their power and making lies their way to evade condemnation, the sons do not learn the ways of love. Consequently the land is worthless and incapable of producing good character, and the children rage at the fathers (as you maybe see if you look around you already).

Here I am saying that the fathers are those who, in the relationship, have the responsibility of raising the next generation, and that is broadly speaking of authorities and the children are those who find themselves subjected to, and reliant upon them for justice, guidance and support.

Last edited:
There are so many, but I will narrow it down.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hos 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

Both self explanatory.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Beginning with John 1:1 sets the whole tone of scripture in the OT and the four Gospel message of God's mercy and grace in the NT. The book of John is probably my favorite book as it teaches who Christ Jesus is and our relationship with Him. If there were no other books other than John I think this book contains pretty much what God wants us to learn for our salvation.

There are so many, but I will narrow it down.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hos 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

Both self explanatory.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Beginning with John 1:1 sets the whole tone of scripture in the OT and the four Gospel message of God's mercy and grace in the NT. The book of John is probably my favorite book as it teaches who Christ Jesus is and our relationship with Him. If there were no other books other than John I think this book contains pretty much what God wants us to learn for our salvation.
Those first chapters were to be honest a little bit focusing sad parts. Although they are very important scriptures.

Then you quoted some of John and I couldn't agree more!
John is definitely some of the best books of the whole Bible I think.
So much to get there. And very simply written, yet so deep!
Very good choices ?

He shall turn back the hearts of the fathers unto the sons, and the hearts of the sons unto the fathers, to stop that I should come and apply upon the land it's cursedness.

This is a sound warning to the world in this age, where those with the power to dominate those who are subjected, do not handle their power reponsibly but instead perverting justice by abusing their power and making lies their way to evade condemnation, the sons do not learn the ways of love. Consequently the land is worthless and incapable of producing good character, and the children rage at the fathers (as you maybe see if you look around you already).

Here I am saying that the fathers are those who, in the relationship, have the responsibility of raising the next generation, and that is broadly speaking of authorities and the children are those who find themselves subjected to, and reliant upon them for justice, guidance and support.
Fathers are so important and have a lot to live up to as God calls Himself father.
I think fathers and men should take responsibility as beeing honourable and just beeing a real man.
If you know that I mean.
It's good to see a good honourable man I think..

Very interesting choice of scripture and subject. ?

please share with us what are your important ones. I would love to hear them.
So many, it's hard to choose only a few.
But here are some that comes to mind right now.

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord . “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the best of the land;
Isaiah 1:18‭-‬19

My son, pay attention to my words and be willing to learn; Open your ears to my sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; Keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, And healing and health to all their flesh.
Proverbs 4:20‭-‬22 AMP

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP

A few..
I like especially these books: Salomon - Matthew - Ephesians - Filipians - Jacob - and John's letters.

And then I like to focus on subjects or words.
Jesus, God, love, faith, freedom (getting rid of all fear) truth and peace being some of the most important to me

Would love to hear from more from people here.
It can be scriptures. But also subjects or words or persons or story's that are you favourite or has made some impact in your life's.

Either from Bible or something related to faith. ??

Those first chapters were to be honest a little bit focusing sad parts. Although they are very important scriptures.

Then you quoted some of John and I couldn't agree more!
John is definitely some of the best books of the whole Bible I think.
So much to get there. And very simply written, yet so deep!
Very good choices ?
It is sad what God will do within His righteous judgement, but what is even sadder are those who refuse to acknowledge Him after hearing the word preached to them and have already damned themselves. :sad

So many, it's hard to choose only a few.
But here are some that comes to mind right now.

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord . “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the best of the land;
Isaiah 1:18‭-‬19

My son, pay attention to my words and be willing to learn; Open your ears to my sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; Keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, And healing and health to all their flesh.
Proverbs 4:20‭-‬22 AMP

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP

A few..
I like especially these books: Salomon - Matthew - Ephesians - Filipians - Jacob - and John's letters.

Jesus, God, love, faith, freedom (getting rid of all fear) truth and peace being some of the most important to me

There are so many promises of God in what you have given here as it's all about the love of God and we being obedient to Him as a faithful servant.

It is sad what God will do within His righteous judgement, but what is even sadder are those who refuse to acknowledge Him after hearing the word preached to them and have already damned themselves. :sad
It is really when some people who have so much potential in them. Harden their hearts and refuse to believe.
Even more sad that it might not be all their faults how they got there.

I believe that God is truly righteous.
Everyone will get a fair chance.

There are so many promises of God in what you have given here as it's all about the love of God and we being obedient to Him as a faithful servant.
Yes! I think that is the foundation of faith.
Hagin said this based on the Word:

Those that honour me (God) them will I honour!

Would love to hear from more from people here.
It can be scriptures. But also subjects or words or persons or story's that are you favourite or has made some impact in your life's.

Either from Bible or something related to faith. ??

I love all the ones being posted so far.

Here is one that is near to my heart.

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Also this one because of the word repent.

Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Repent is the most beautiful word in the Bible when you understand what it means and the significance of what God is calling us to do by repenting.

JLB

I love all the ones being posted so far.

Here is one that is near to my heart.

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Also this one because of the word repent.

Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Repent is the most beautiful word in the Bible when you understand what it means and the significance of what God is calling us to do by repenting.

JLB
Repent is beautiful and so important to understand the meaning.

The word repent really means to have a change of mind.
It is beeing the corresponding action to accepting Jesus as lord and saviour.

I believe repentance is the first and most important action after believing.
It is acting on what you believe.

"You and your household"
This is written like it is a promise.
Good and important scripture for all families.

Makes me want to share this one too:

But as it is, Christ has acquired a [priestly] ministry which is more excellent [than the old Levitical priestly ministry], for He is the Mediator (Arbiter) of a better covenant [uniting God and man], which has been enacted and rests on better promises.
Hebrews 8:6 AMP

Us who are sincere believers. This is a key scripture to read closely I believe.
What is better? And how do I find out about it?
How many believers do even think about it?
I'm just wondering.. ?

You are right. These are the most important things.
????

So on to the question:
What do you consider as the five most important books and/or verses and/or topics in the Bible?
I would say Genesis, Isaiah, Psalms of the Jewish/Hebrew OT........
I favor the Gospels of Luke and John and the book of Revelation in the Christian NT.....

Jesus is indeed the great I AM.........PRAISE JESUS!

A fairly good Hebrew study site for those interested:

Gene 1:1 In [a] beginning Elohim created the Heavens and the Earth/Land.
Gene 2:4 These are the geneaological annals of the heavens and the earth in to be creating them, in [a] day Yahweh Elohim to make earth and heavens.

Isa 46:10 Declaring from the beginning the latter end, and from of old that which hath not been done, Saying, 'My counsel doth stand, And all My delight I do.'
=====================================
Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

John 8:58 Said to them Jesus "amen amen I-am-saying to ye, before Abraham to be becoming<1096>, I AM
======================
And Jesus declaring to the 7 1st century Assemblies He is the great I AM of old........

Rev 1:8 'I AM the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is coming -- the Almighty.'
Reve 2:23 and her children I will kill in death, and know shall all the assemblies that I AM He Who is searching reins and hearts; and I will give to you -- to each -- according to your works.
Jeremiah 17:10 I Yahweh, searching heart, examining the affections/kidneys and giving to man ways of him, as fruit of his doings. [Reve 2:23]
Rev 19:13 and he is arrayed with a garment covered with blood, and his name is called, The Word of God.

Rev 21:6 and He said to me, 'It hath been done! I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End; I, to him who is thirsting, will give of the fountain of the water of the life freely;

Rev 22:13 I AM the Alpha and the Omega -- the Beginning and End -- the First and the Last.
Reve 22:16 'I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies;
I AM the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star!

=============================

Last edited:
Repent is beautiful and so important to understand the meaning.

The word repent really means to have a change of mind.
It is beeing the corresponding action to accepting Jesus as lord and saviour.

I believe repentance is the first and most important action after believing.
It is acting on what you believe.

"You and your household"
This is written like it is a promise.
Good and important scripture for all families.

Amen. Great stuff.

Repent is its most foundational meaning means turn to God, in submission to Him as Lord.

This is the call of the Gospel.

This is what Jesus sent His Apostles to preach.

Paul recounts his “road to Damascus” experience —

So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’
“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:15-20

If we are called to turn to God, then by default we are called to turn away from Satan as our lord.

So here’s the beautiful part:

We are God’s enemy, serving Satan as our lord, and members of Satan’s kingdom.

God in His great mercy calls us to Himself, to turn to Him and become His sons, to enjoy eternal life with Him, and to be joint heirs with Christ, WHILE WE ARE STILL HIS ENEMY!

Oh, the riches and depth of God’s great love and mercy towards us.

The way we are transferred out of Satan’s kingdom, into the kingdom of God, is by confessing Jesus as Lord.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Repenting is about changing kingdom’s by changing the Lord we serve.

Confessing Jesus as Lord, is how we obey the Gospel.

Believe means obey.

Amen.

JLB

I like this as these what you listed needs to always be our focus as we put God above everything here on earth.

Back