Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

In dread of our parents

The Jews in the crowd around Him pretended that these words of Christ are contrary to the religion and faith of his followers, who assert, that the law of Moses is abolished. That is (as I just did) easily refuted, by observing the exact agreement between Christ and the Apostle Paul in Romans.
Romans 3 NASB
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith ? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Romans 10
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Whenever Christ or any other of the apostles speaks of the abrogation of the law, it is to be understood of the ceremonial law, which in course ceased by being fulfilled at the Cross.
Well, my sincere thanks for trying.

Unfortunately you are just doing the same as everyone else - guessing what was 'meant' instead of looking at what was actually written.

Never mind, I didn't really expect a clear answer.

Well, my sincere thanks for trying.

Unfortunately you are just doing the same as everyone else - guessing what was 'meant' instead of looking at what was actually written.

Never mind, I didn't really expect a clear answer.
Unfortunately, you are refusing reasoned argument and declining to accept what is being offered. That is not lack of proof. That is refusal to accept truth.

Unfortunately, you are refusing reasoned argument and declining to accept what is being offered. That is not lack of proof. That is refusal to accept truth.

I am not sure to what 'reasoned argument' you refer. I don't wish to be rude but you are often very quick to make confident statements but then very reluctant to provide any actual evidence to support your claims. It is possible that you don't even realize that you are failing in that regard.

You say above that I am 'refusing reasoned argument' but let us look again at the most important unsupported claims you have made. IF you really can support these claims then you will be able to convert the whole world to Christianity and then 'everything will be accomplished'.
...... if there is plenty of evidence that the Bible is God’s Word, and there is, then for finite man to deny the Bible because he doesn’t like something or does not understand the reasons for some of what it teaches, is nothing short of arrogant rebellion against an infinite God who has revealed Himself. .....
Whilst I obviously accept that you believe that 'God has revealed Himself', where is there'plenty of evidence' that he has done so? Where is there 'plenty of evidence that The Bible is God's word'?

If the Chicago Tribune claimed that Jesus had returned to earth and every other newspaper and TV channel in the country pointed out that it was a hoax and how that hoax was perpetrated, why would you believe the Chicago Tribune?

........... If Christ was raised from the dead, and the evidence that He did is awesome, then this marks Him out as not only unique, but it validates His claims and that of the Bible’s claim about Him. This means that there is incontestable evidence that He is truly the Son of God or God who became flesh and died for our sin. If this is so, then what He believed and said had to be true.
The problem is, what you presumably regard as 'awesome evidence' the majority of world consider to be non existent or tenuous in the extreme. I am sure your confident assertions will sway a few impressionable people but those who use reason rather than faith to deduce truth, or the likelihood of truth, will simply dismiss your claims on the principle of - 'That which can be asserted without proof can be rejected without proof'.

Being always open minded and willing to learn, I would be genuinely interested to hear what you regard as 'awesome evidence' for the resurrection of Jesus.

Back