Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs In the Valley

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

52081394833_4d56029d5c_b.jpg

A Church without flashing lights , a stage , a big PA system ? Maybe not even hooked to the grid ?

I would have no trouble worshipping God there :) .

Any idea how old the Church is ?

Yes, that's it. And I was aware of the previous administration's plans to cut the chapel off from the people who worship there. That plan is now dead, due to court rulings and executive action by the current administration. My shots are better than the Wiki article images.

Awfully young for such an old colony of Spain ,given it was built in only 17 years after the Mexican war .

Florida doesn't have Adobe style homes or churches to my knowledge.

That is another thread in how old churches there are and. Styles .

The oldest I believe is in st.augustine .the national guard uses a former monastery built from coquina .that goes back to 1763

There was an order of Catholic priests who rode circuit along the river, tending to the faithful. They even had hostels set up in various places to accommodate travelers and the priests of that order.

This one, a few miles away from La Lomita, has since been saved and converted to a meeting center.
270606525_6013a00a16_b.jpg

A few miles away, at Los Ebanos, there's another old church and a river crossing which is basically a raft on oil drums, pulled along a cable.
270607491_b5aca7a147_b.jpg

There was an order of Catholic priests who rode circuit along the river, tending to the faithful. They even had hostels set up in various places to accommodate travelers and the priests of that order.

This one, a few miles away from La Lomita, has since been saved and converted to a meeting center.
270606525_6013a00a16_b.jpg

A few miles away, at Los Ebanos, there's another old church and a river crossing which is basically a raft on oil drums, pulled along a cable.
270607491_b5aca7a147_b.jpg
Early ferry .the st, sebestian river before the us1 project or Dixie hwy was crossed that way .

Over the interior entrance:
36767148640_b1809388d3_b.jpg
A deer was a common symbol for the Church in the 1st century AD. Psalm 42:
"As the deer desires rivers of water, so my soul desires You, O God."

Hey, it works, as long as the traffic isn't too heavy (in both senses of the term).

It's a very worthy mission, saving photographic records of these old structures. Good on you for doing it.
My dad died last december.none of those buildings at present are in danger of demolition.my videos was about where he worked

Back