Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Inter-Faithism. A good thing or a bad thing?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There is only way to God, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is the master-guru of spirituality. Of course, there are many ways/paths to Jesus...

;-)

paxigoth7 said:
There is only way to God, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is the master-guru of spirituality. Of course, there are many ways/paths to Jesus...

;-)
And do you have to choose that path before you die?

Joeri said:
paxigoth7 said:

;-)

:wink: Yes,it would be wise if you did in my opinion.
Accepting salvation through Christ Jesus is the only way to
be saved. Of course there is only one way to Jesus Christ
and it is according to The Holy Bible,amen.

blueeyeliner said:
Joeri said:
paxigoth7 said:

;-)

:wink: Yes,it would be wise if you did in my opinion.
Accepting salvation through Christ Jesus is the only way to
be saved. Of course there is only one way to Jesus Christ
and it is according to The Holy Bible,amen.
jesus himself didnt need a book;he just had a perfect relationshipn with the father

Jesus had the Books of the prophets, He quoted from them. And why not--He was their author!

evanman said:
Jesus had the Books of the prophets, He quoted from them. And why not--He was their author!
He didnt need any book. he had only his father who taught him that. and not because he needed to know them for his own salvation but only to prove to others who he was.

Jesus read. He studied the scriptures.

What do you think he did for the first 30 years of His life?

evanman said:
Jesus read. He studied the scriptures.

What do you think he did for the first 30 years of His life?

Whatever the Father wanted him to do.
Is it not written that the pharisees and scribes were surprised at his intelligence while he wasnot in schools?

Joeri, we can safely assumethat since Jesus was teaching in the temple when he was twelve years old that he studied even when he was a young man. Did God have anything to do with Christ's vast knowledge, Yes, but Jesus did study just like any child. God gives knowledge to us, but he does it through study. I think Jesus did things this way. As for how well Jesus understood this knowledge, that was his fully God thing.

Joeri: "He (Jesus) didnt need any book..."

Gary: Of course not.... there were no books. Did He know the Scriptures (recorded on the scrolls)? You judge. Did He use the Scriptures? You judge. Did He use the scrolls? You judge.

Luke 4:4 Jesus answered, “ It is written : ‘Man does not live on bread alone.’
Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, “ It is written : ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’
Luke 4:12 Jesus answered, “ It says : ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’
Luke 4:16-22 And he stood up to read. 17 The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written :
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.â€Â
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21 and he began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.â€Â
22 All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips.
Luke 24:25-27 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?†27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Want more? http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/artic ... nkins.html
Jesus' Use of the Old Testament, As Portrayed By the Synoptic Gospels

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Joeri, we can safely assumethat since Jesus was teaching in the temple when he was twelve years old that he studied even when he was a young man. Did God have anything to do with Christ's vast knowledge, Yes, but Jesus did study just like any child. God gives knowledge to us, but he does it through study. I think Jesus did things this way. As for how well Jesus understood this knowledge, that was his fully God thing.
He said and knew what the father wanted him to say and knew and you i hope dont think jesus could not directly speak or get information from His Father?

Yes, of course Jesus spoke with his father. What i'm saying is that is clearly evident that Jesus studied just like you or I would. He was God, but he was still man. 8-)

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Yes, of course Jesus spoke with his father. What i'm saying is that is clearly evident that Jesus studied just like you or I would. He was God, but he was still man. 8-)
God holds all knowledge, so whats left to study just a humble question.

That's a great point Joeri, but something tells me Jesus study because he was in the flesh. Flesh must study to learn, so his human nature would cause him to study just as anyone else.

Question? What does this have to do with interfaithism?

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
That's a great point Joeri, but something tells me Jesus study because he was in the flesh. Flesh must study to learn, so his human nature would cause him to study just as anyone else.

Question? What does this have to do with interfaithism?
Jesus walked in the Holy Spirit his whole life. oh ok well thats how it goes with topics.

It's kinda like elementary school. Jesus studied even though he knew all things. I still don't see how whether or not Jesus studied has to do with interfaithism.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
It's kinda like elementary school. Jesus studied even though he knew all things. I still don't see how whether or not Jesus studied has to do with interfaithism.
it has to do with interfaithism cuz we believe in different jesus's :wink:

Joeri said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

:wink: In the holy Bible Paul warns us about those preaching a
different gospel and we should all be careful of those who preach
about a different Jesus than what is written about in the gospels.

Actually, we are discussing a superficial matter. Jesus still died on the cross to save all of us from our sins whether he studied the scrolls or not.

Remember this, the bible tells us Jesus grew in strength and wisdom. God is all wise. So unless the Bible was talking about studying the Bible is contradicting itself.

blueeyeliner said:
Joeri said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

:wink: In the holy Bible Paul warns us about those preaching a
different gospel and we should all be careful of those who preach
about a different Jesus than what is written about in the gospels.
which gospel said 'and jesus studied :wink: '

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back