Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interesting SDA Information - Is this true?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Solo said:
–SDA’s will gloss over the scripture that says “...he who is weak in faith eats vegetables only...†(Romans 14:2).

Really? Will they also gloss over the rest of that passage... the part where it says(Note, the bold section is the completion of Isiah 45 that it is believed that Paul was quoting)

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2014:1-22;&version=31 said:
Romans 14[/url]]
"1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.'
24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.' "
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame.

25 But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel
will be found righteous and will exult. "

[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."

. I am going to guess that the only one glossing over scripture would be you.

Goumindong said:
Solo said:
–SDA’s will gloss over the scripture that says “...he who is weak in faith eats vegetables only...†(Romans 14:2).

Really? ....

John here: I find this below paragraph extremely interesting when reading this thread! It seems that most could benefit from reading all of these 'pasted' anti/Adventist & anti/E.G.W. bashings?
And, yes, that is a question. 'Not tolerate putting down Christians and Christianity in general'??

______
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:45 am Post subject: Please Read This...Amendment to Tos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As this is a Christian forum the moderators and administrators are going to be more stringent in not tolerating posts that put down Christians and Christianity in general.

This is a one sided ruling in the sense that because we want these forums to be edifying for Christians and non-believers that have sincere questions about the bible and the Christian faith we are not going to allow atheists, skeptics and other religions to blaspheme our God or put down our faith.

We are not out to ban people but to keep our forums focus on Christianity for edification and meaningful discussion.
We will try to be as fair as we can as this can be very difficult to define at times.

Try to remember where you are when posting here.

John here: I find this below paragraph extremely interesting when reading this thread! It seems that most could benefit from reading all of these 'pasted' anti/Adventist & anti/E.G.W. bashings?
And, yes, that is a question. 'Not tolerate putting down Christians and Christianity in general'??

Hello John,

Discussing Ellen G. White and her teachings is not putting down "Christianity in General". At least that is my opinion.

After all putting down Christians for not keeping the Jewish Sabbath has been tolerated.

Sometimes these issues are not easy to define. This can be difficult to deal with at times for those on both sides of the issue.

That is my position anyway.

Have a good one,

Robert

bibleberean said:
Another contradiction by false prophetess Ellen G. White and the main founder of the SDA cult.

BB,

First of all, EGW was not the main founder of the Advetnist church (perhaps in name but not in doctrine). I wish SDA-bashers would get this ridiculous argument out of their systems and be done with it.

I would suggest before you do your old cut-and-paste 'EGW bashing' threads that don't hold much objectivity as far as presenting both sides, you look on this thread that answers much of the criticism of EGW, similar to what you are spouting, that Jeremiah Films did when they made their 'SDA bashing' video.

Then you can actually see both sides of the coin.

http://www.sdadefend.com/JeremiahAttack.htm

bibleberean said:

Hello John,

Discussing Ellen G. White and her teachings is not putting down "Christianity in General". At least that is my opinion.

After all putting down Christians for not keeping the Jewish Sabbath has been tolerated.

Sometimes these issues are not easy to define. This can be difficult to deal with at times for those on both sides of the issue.

That is my position anyway.

Have a good one,

Robert
OK: Absolutely no personal offense meant. That is your position, you say? Whatever???

This is what I see. Read the post below yours. The E.G.W. bashing one by another reader & poster. Does one see any scripture to explain [your] position from [you] ever?? Doctrine, or whatever, or just a hobby/horse E.G.W. & Adventist whatever's, and from whoevers, bashing stuff????

I wonder if you have the time to quickly glance at all of [your] replies? Then ask yourself if what you have said, is what you are now saying?? :wink: Bibleberean

And another of two thoughts, ( :fadein: the smile is for me, you 'constantly paste' up so much that who could discuss anything!)
Do you belong to the groups membership that you have constantly 'pasted up'???

Now: You say,
As this is a Christian forum the moderators and administrators are going to be more stringent in not tolerating posts that put down Christians and Christianity in general.

This above says [to me], that the 'moderators here' and the 'administration' here, all are in agreement that E.G.W. & Adventism are not 'in General Christianity'. Is that now their, or just your stand??? Perhaps you are speaking for the real boss? How about being up front with me here with just a yes or a no??? :roll:
Then your post above continues on that [we] want to be fair.. :o
---John

Hello John,

I don't speak for anyone but me.

I don't believe the SDA doctrine is biblical in many ways.

As I will continue to demonstrate.

Thanks,

Robert

bibleberean said:
Hello John,

I don't speak for anyone but me.

I don't believe the SDA doctrine is biblical in many ways.

As I will continue to demonstrate.

Thanks,

Robert

John here:
What kind of a doubletalk answer is that from a Christian? 1 Peter 3:15
Are they or are they not a Christian denomination, and was E.G.W. a Christian or not???

I just ask one or two very simple questions, & you post this.. Quote:
"I don't believe the SDA doctrine is biblical in many ways.
As I will continue to demonstrate."
_______

Is that a yes that you do not believe that Adventist's or E.G.W. are (were) Christians???

And demonstrate? Look the word up in the dictionary, surely you have not shown anything by you here as of yet in our Christian duty to do so. Matthew 28:20

There are 27 doctrines to the Adventist teaching, if they are wrong, pick out any one and give your scripture as for where it is not a Christian Truth.
________

As this is a Christian forum the moderators and administrators are going to be more stringent in not tolerating posts that put down Christians and Christianity in general. ???

This above says [to me], that the 'moderators here' and the 'administration' here, all are in agreement that E.G.W. & Adventism are not 'in General Christianity'. Is that now their, or just your stand??? Perhaps you are speaking for the real boss? How about being up front with me here with just a yes or a no???

Then your post above continues on that [we] want to be fair..
---John

I believe it is possible for a SDA to be saved but like the Catholic church it is in spite of their teachings not because of them.

I think Ellen G. White was a fraud a liar, false prophet and teacher.

That is as plain as I can make it.

Again, nothing personal.

bibleberean said:
I believe it is possible for a SDA to be saved but like the Catholic church it is in spite of their teachings not because of them.

Again, nothing personal.

You say: "That is as plain as I can make it." Wow, it must be the last days flue bug! Do you really think that?? and that is being honest?? 2 Corinthians 4:2 How do you differ from the one who is dead, that you are thrashing? Well.. with others stuff then, being constantly pasted up by you anyhow?? They are your Christian brothers??? I guess that I asked that of you before without any answer?

Being a Berean, I guess that you understand the Revelation 18:4 partaker verse?? Lets see, liar, fraud and false prophet and teacher you yourself say? good boy, that will let others know where you yourself stand, huh?

Then some here say that they are O.S.A.S. but she is not a O.S.A.S. Christian? Must be that she needed to be a believer in pork eating, eternal hell burning, the devils first lie & surely sun sacredness, :o huh? You know, Daniel 7:25.

Naw, that still is not good enough! :wink: But, king Saul started out with a pretty good start at the first, and look where he ended up. He too went to the witch's of Endor for his information also! Do you remember why? Well, actually it was really the devils that supposedly gave him the information, but he did not know it either, huh?

The Godheads Word says that these false folds of Revelation 17:5 are THE ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH. Now, once again, are Adventist + all of these other harlot daughters of the mother whore, Christian or not?? Why be timid if you love Christ??? Does He not tell us that.. IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS? And of course you do keep the 7th day Sabbath of the Lord God, right? Well, perhaps I have never read any where, where you had 'posted up' that said that you Loved Christ????
But even the one that you bash, E.G.W. in Desires of Ages tells of one Loving the Savior, but yes, I know, she is a liar!

---John

John the Baptist said:
bibleberean said:

Again, nothing personal.

You say: "That is as plain as I can make it." Wow, it must be the last days flue bug! Do you really think that?? and that is being honest?? 2 Corinthians 4:2 How do you differ from the one who is dead, that you are thrashing? Well.. with others stuff then, being constantly pasted up by you anyhow?? They are your Christian brothers??? I guess that I asked that of you before without any answer?

Being a Berean, I guess that you understand the Revelation 18:4 partaker verse?? Lets see, liar, fraud and false prophet and teacher you yourself say? good boy, that will let others know where you yourself stand, huh?

Then some here say that they are O.S.A.S. but she is not a O.S.A.S. Christian? Must be that she needed to be a believer in pork eating, eternal hell burning, the devils first lie & surely sun sacredness, :o huh? You know, Daniel 7:25.

Naw, that still is not good enough! :wink: But, king Saul started out with a pretty good start at the first, and look where he ended up. He too went to the witch's of Endor for his information also! Do you remember why? Well, actually it was really the devils that supposedly gave him the information, but he did not know it either, huh?

The Godheads Word says that these false folds of Revelation 17:5 are THE ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH. Now, once again, are Adventist + all of these other harlot daughters of the mother whore, Christian or not?? Why be timid if you love Christ??? Does He not tell us that.. IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS? And of course you do keep the 7th day Sabbath of the Lord God, right? Well, perhaps I have never read any where, where you had 'posted up' that said that you Loved Christ????
But even the one that you bash, E.G.W. in Desires of Ages tells of one Loving the Savior, but yes, I know, she is a liar!

---John
Well John,
You can believe Ellen G. White or BB. That is your choice.

THE VISIONS OF E. G. WHITE

NOT OF GOD

BY B. F. SNOOK & WM. H. BRINKERHOFF

"Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted
shall be rooted-up."
--Matt. 15:13.

Cedar Rapids: CEDAR VALLEY TIMES BOOK AND JOB PRINTERS 1866

THE VISIONS OF E. G. WHITE, NOT OF GOD.

Many are the persons who have arisen since the days of John, the Evangelist and Prophet, claiming to be inspired of God to see visions, and to lead out and raise up a people for God. Mahomet arose in the seventh century, with such exalted claims, and now has more followers than Jesus Christ.

The false prophets of Zwikau arouse in the16th century and opposed the great doctrine preached by Luther, that the Bible alone is an all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. Then follows a Sweedenborg, Ann Lee, and last, though not least, the Mormons and Spiritualists with visions and tongues, and new revelations almost innumerable.

In the midst of these absurd, contradictory and unscriptural visions, appears another Prophetess, claiming, like all the others, to be favored especially of God, with visions angels visits, transits to the New Jerusalem, views of God, Jesus and Satan. Her visions are revered so highly that many of her followers as firmly believe that there is no salvation for those who reject them, as the Mahometans believe that those will be lost who reject the Koran. We will now invite the attention of the candid reader to various claims set up in behalf of these visions, and give the reasons why we cannot receive them as a divine revelation.

OF SCRIPTURE.

They Are Claimed To Be A Fulfillment Of Joel's Prophecy, --

• "And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. --Joel 2:28.
1st. We say that an application of this scripture to these times, is a perversion of it. Peter applied it to the outpouring of the spirit on the day of Pentecost. He said, "This is that which was spoken by the Prophet Joel," --Acts 2:16. This prediction evidently relates to and was fulfilled in the apostolic age, in the work that began on the day of Pentecost and ended with the Revelations given to John on Patmos. This position is made to appear doubly sure, when we see and consider that there has been no true prophet or prophetess on earth since the days of John.

2d. This prophecy says nothing about your old or young women seeing visions. It says "your young men shall see visions." The term man is general and may embrace women: but young men is specific and cannot have so extended an application. Therefore, we conclude that her visions come from the wrong sex to be a fulfillment of this prophecy.

They Profess To Be Inspired Of God. Both In View And The Record Of Them. --

Mrs. White says "I am just as dependent upon the spirit of the Lord in relating or writing a vision, as in having the vision." -- Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 2, Page 293. This claim, if true, entitles her to equal authority with Isaiah, Jeremiah, John and Jesus Christ, and exalts her books to equality with the Bible. Is this a true claim? Are these visions given by inspiration of God? This is a very important question and deserves a serious and candid investigation. That they are believed by many, is no proof of their divinity. Mormonism and Spiritualism have many sincere believers. That there are some good things in them is not proof that they are of God. The visions of Sweedenborg contain many good things -- so does the Koran -- but nevertheless they are not of God. Besides all the good that is in any of the above revelations is borrowed from the Bible, the great foundation of good.

We will now try to test the question, "Are these visions of God?" But how shall we do this? God has not left us in the dark on a matter of so much importance as this. He has given us an infallible rule by which to try the prophets that we may know them for ourselves.

• When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him. -- Deut. 18:22.
We will bring this rule to bear upon some of her visions and see if they will not come short of the divine standard.

Read entire article at http://www.ex-sda.com/snook&.htm

Goumindong said:
Solo said:

Really? Will they also gloss over the rest of that passage... the part where it says(Note, the bold section is the completion of Isiah 45 that it is believed that Paul was quoting)

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2014:1-22;&version=31 said:
Romans 14[/url]]
"1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.'
24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.' "
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame.

25 But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel
will be found righteous and will exult. "

[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."

You might want to reread the first post again. I did not write that post. It is an article about Seventh Day Adventists and bullet items of "facts" of their beliefs. I asked the question in the title asking whether those "facts" are true. If you will read all of the way to the end of the article you will see the URL where the article was retrieved from. You can study that site and see whether the author has any valid points or not. Let us all know after you study the "facts" and the beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventists.
Thanks.

My resident friend Dan gave me a copy of Desire of Ages one X - Mas that he said was a good read.

Havent read it but I think that is Sda.
Has good pics though.

Is it worth a read over'?It is quite long.

Gods-Justice said:
My resident friend Dan gave me a copy of Desire of Ages one X - Mas that he said was a good read.

Has good pics though.

But if you are a Christian? Then you will be 'Led' of the Holy Spirit what to do, huh? Romans 8:14

And if not a Christian? He still 'strives' with all of mankind as in Genesis 6:3. So you are still a winner, if you do not 'kick against Him'! :fadein: See Saul in Acts 9:4-6

---John

Gods-Justice said:

Has good pics though.

Hi G-J,

If I had to recommend any of EGW's books to a non-SDA, they would be Desire of Ages and Steps to Christ. DOA has been hailed as one of the greatest books written by a Christian author on the life of Christ.

I have been blessed by it and it's focus on the love, grace, and mercy of Christ for mankind.

Soma-Sight said:
SDA saved my life on a few occasions...

1. My friend Todd's parents who are SDA's for life gave me 500 USD when I REALLY needed it for school.

2. An SDA man in Napa Valley California let me park my trailor I owned with a foriegn student from Africa on his property for 4 months while we saved up money for school and what not.

He even gave us freee water and electricity for the trailor.

3. My hard core fundy SDA grandparents are the most gentle and loving people I have ever met. They were always there for me in my youth when my parents would get abusive and I would have to leave home.

God Bless them.

4. SDA vegetarians are the longest living people in the WORLD!

Please see this link.

And all you pork eating Sunday keepers thought SDA's were on the wrong tract......

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/ ... index.html

Adventists are Longevity All-Stars, says National Geographic Magazine

Wahroonga, New South Wales
Melody Tan

Seventh-day Adventists are not only one of three groups of people around the world with a formula for living longer, but also the only group who are maintaining this longevity edge, according to November’s National Geographic magazine.

Studies by researchers have shown that Adventists in Loma Linda, California are “longevity all-stars†who outlive their American counterparts by about ten years. They “produce a high rate of centenarians, suffer a fraction of the diseases that commonly kill people in other parts of the developed world, and enjoy more healthy years of lifeâ€Â.

According to Jonathan Duffy, director of Adventist Health in the South Pacific, based in Sydney, a large portion of Adventists follow a vegetarian lifestyle and refrain from drinking alcohol, smoking and taking drugs. “This emphasis on healthy living combined with the fact that we take every Saturday off to worship God and re-connect with family and friends is the formula that helps Adventists live longer,†he says.

Mr Duffy also says studies of Adventists living in other developed countries, such as Australia, who follow the same formula would show similar results. “We are not talking about genetics,†he says. “This is all about holistic lifestyle choices.â€Â

>> View our worship section to find out more about our worship style.
>> View our health section to find out more about healthy living.

As far as Sunday worshippers that i have known persoanlly......

1. One stole my truck in a shady car deal and I lost 15,000 USD.

2. One threatened my life and said I was a satanist for no reason other than he didnt like me.

3. My girlfriends parents who are Sunday keeper fundys did nothing about her molestation, her aneroxia and her current health crisis.

4. My girlfriends pastor daughter at a local Sunday church did not even visit my girl in the hospital as she nearly died.

Edited!

Hey! Don't post in Caps!

Thanks,

BB 8-)

There are many people who have given me water who are atheists! We either live to gorlify God or to glorify our ourselves. So works alone say nothing about one's motive. :wink: The SDA's are works oriented, not faith oriented. They don't believe Hebrews 4:1-9 which says that Christ is our Sabbath rest, not a day of the week which cannot get anyone to heaven. That's why Paul said that it doesn't matter which day or days we go to church because we worship the living God no matter where we are! But SDA's don't understand this because they don't know the living God. If they did, it would not matter to them which day they go to church. :)

John here:
But these ones are not professing to be Christians are they??? The question mark is for the 'big umbrella picture' of all kinds of stuff seen in the Revelation 17:5 ones folds! Only Believe!

Kind of like the Pope 'suggesting that believers in voodoo would not betray their traditional faith by converting to Christianity'. (from the Los Angeles Times)

Did I get the point across with this short post?? :wink:

John,

I honestly never get your points. I don't understand your posts.

Seriously,

Robert

bibleberean said:
John,

I honestly never get your points. I don't understand your posts.

Seriously,

Robert
Hang in there guy! :wink:

Some fall into Hebrews 5:11-14 & then others are seen in 2 Peter 3:16, I doubt that, that is you yet? :o
But, don't tell your email warning sidekick that I said that OK? :fadein:

By the way, you might do a study on both the earthly pattern of the original heavenly Sanctuary (Hebrews 8:5 Revelation 11:18-19) if you are an 'in depth' serious Christian. See Psalm 77:13 in the King James!
---John

PS: Anyway, my post was about this material below! (not yours) Even this one later on has the judging of motives. It states: ":wink: The SDA's are works oriented, not faith oriented"

This is what I was responding to:
There are many people who have given me water who are atheists! We either live to gorlify God or to glorify our ourselves. So works alone say nothing about one's motive. ...

You can look up the author if you desire to? for I am not into personalities like some folk here think! Just postings.

Back