Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interfaith Group Calls For Shutting Off All Devices During Holy Week

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I looked at the article, but I'm not a big fan of OP's with only a link and no personal comment. Any thoughts yourself?

I looked at the article, but I'm not a big fan of OP's with only a link and no personal comment. Any thoughts yourself?

Sure! Type in the 'Lords Day Alliance' into Yahoo & see what they advocate?
--Elijah

PS: But, the site did not come up for me?

Elijah, I don't think there is any connection between the OP which is a eunemical effort via the United Church of Christ and the Lord's Day Alliance....at least I couldn't see one.

One thing I noticed about the "So We Might See" group is that out of a 101 things to do, the only thing that was remotely connected to God was #49 Attend a Religious Service...and naturally it doesn't say which religion.

That said, I do applaud efforts to "un-plug" and go through periods of time when we "un-plug" as a family. Our favorite "un-plugged" family activity is playing a board game together.

“Screen-Free Week†is meant to encourage people to engage in activities that do not involve any thin-film transistors, parallax barrier LCDs or Gorilla Glass — actual face time as opposed to Face Time, in other words. The coalition even has a list of 101 recommended activities you can do instead. The No. 1 choice is “listen to the radio,†in a breathtaking display of irony.

Why is it ok to listen to the radio, while it's not ok to watch TV? What if you're watching a Chritian TV channel?

after fukashima ppl may wish to rethink their unbridaled use of electricity
in a greedy selfish and thoughless waste of energy
i was so happy to see this idea
family is what god gives

the earth is swarmed in a NETwork of satellites bombing the planet with impulses
and wavelenghts

increasing cancer tinnitis and mental diseases
according to a few physicists

what better time to free oneself of the bonds of habitual
addiction to useless information
that the time moses brought you out of bondage

?

what a way to give thanks for creation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal