Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Christianity all talked out now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What topic have we not talked about over and over and over and over? I see that, finally, the Nephilim thing finally burned out, lol. It looks like more and more discussion topics are going the way of the Nephilim threads. And I what I'm getting at, they should. We've talked them to death. The age of social media discovery is over.
So whadda we do now?

I mean at some point wipe the dust off your feet .the rcc excommunicated Luther .he didn't want to leave the church .
Oh.
You mean I'M the troll?
Luther wanted to change the church from the inside out.
The church didn't want to be changed.

So what's the story?
What do I say that bothers you?

I’ve learned a lot from other Christians and point of views and understandings I would otherwise have never been exposed to.
I have learned also . I pray and hope I have offered insight for others as well . These are a couple of the reasons I am here on this forum .
Hawkman,
do you know how to make images smaller?
ms-files.php

Better ? It was task , I had to click another link ⌨️ .Now I must find some kefir cheese and see how it tastes .

I have learned also . I pray and hope I have offered insight for others as well . These are a couple of the reasons I am here on this forum .

ms-files.php

Better ? It was task , I had to click another link ⌨️ .Now I must find some kefir cheese and see how it tastes .
You don't have to use another link.

Use the image you want.
Get it onto the thread page.
Put the cursor inside the image and click.
A blue box appears around the image with squares on each corner.
Grab the little square with the cursor....
Pull down till the image is the size you want.

You'll get a bill at the end of the month.
(if you don't get it, write back).

Are you serious?
All the young'uns are talking about theology and apologetics.
Christian Universities are full of persons learning about God.
Yes, young 'uns all learning the particular, narrow, isolated understanding of scripture their denomination isolates itself into. And young 'uns who will then be paid to only push that narrow understanding, and who won't be allowed to deviate from it. I mean, that's what they are going to be paid to do - teach and defend what the church they lead believes and won't bend an inch on. Open minded discussion is not allowed. That's what's been so useful about social media. None of us are locked into the requirements of a particular belief system and practice and so we learn from one another. But, alas, I'm afraid it's all been talked out now. The usefulness and novelty of it has been worn out.

I don't remember you speaking about Romans 14.
Could you just quick give some verses or state what you mean?

Do you mean His Church? (The Body of Christ).
Yes, I mean the Body of Christ...all those who have the Spirit of God in them, scattered throughout the globe in all kinds of churches.

Passages like Romans 14:1-3, and Ephesians 4:11-13 show us that as children of God we are all at different stages of growth in understanding. Some are weak and immature and bound to things they don't have to be bound to. While others are strong and mature and understand Christian liberty. This difference, or 'division', if that's what you want to call it, is just a fact. So there's no way that Jesus was somehow speaking of all of us true believers being unified on the outside. The scriptures are clear, that just isn't possible by reason of our different stages of growth (and the Bible tells us how to endure it). What we are without doubt unified in is how we have been gathered into one unified body by virtue of the Holy Spirit who has gathered all of God's people into that one body, the body of Christ where there is no difference or division between us.

Yes, young 'uns all learning the particular, narrow, isolated understanding of scripture their denomination isolates itself into. And young 'uns who will then be paid to only push that narrow understanding, and who won't be allowed to deviate from it. I mean, that's what they are going to be paid to do - teach and defend what the church they lead believes and won't bend an inch on. Open minded discussion is not allowed. That's what's been so useful about social media. None of us are locked into the requirements of a particular belief system and practice and so we learn from one another. But, alas, I'm afraid it's all been talked out now. The usefulness and novelty of it has been worn out.
You gotta' get some joy at changing the perceptions of the defeated.
Paul didn't stop at Antioch.

Well, actually I have no choice. But I do like it for different reasons...
But, yes, I think reforming the CC would have fared better instead of having all these denominations.
The church was just fine at the beginning, it should have gone back to that.
Yes, the church should have gone back to how it was in the beginning. And that does not mean the Catholic way. It means 1 Corinthians 14:26, and Romans 14:17-18 among other things. Neither of which the Catholic church practices and believes, and never has. Same for the bulk of non Catholic churches.

Sometimes I get hopeful.
I've been watching a lot of YouTube since before covid, and have continued (I don't care for TV programs).
I watch different faiths interacting with each other.
Sometimes it seems like they're really trying to understand each other.
Only the reformed really bother me, (they change the nature of God) but I can understand why the others believe as they do.
Even Catholics ---
even though I might not agree, at least we could understand each other.

But is it something a thousand threads have not already entertained in some way and which would only amount to mind numbing repetition?
I never tire of telling calvinists how incorrect they are.
Not quite in those words.
But scripture is useless with them.

Yes, I mean the Body of Christ...all those who have the Spirit of God in them, scattered throughout the globe in all kinds of churches.

Passages like Romans 14:1-3, and Ephesians 4:11-13 show us that as children of God we are all at different stages of growth in understanding. Some are weak and immature and bound to things they don't have to be bound to. While others are strong and mature and understand Christian liberty. This difference, or 'division', if that's what you want to call it, is just a fact. So there's no way that Jesus was somehow speaking of all of us true believers being unified on the outside. The scriptures are clear, that just isn't possible by reason of our different stages of growth (and the Bible tells us how to endure it). What we are without doubt unified in is how we have been gathered into one unified body by virtue of the Holy Spirit who has gathered all of God's people into that one body, the body of Christ where there is no difference or division between us.
Look at it this way...
Our walking as Christ walked is all uphill: but all are on the same hill.
We all differ in the amount, or quality, of the grace and knowledge we have been allowed.
When you learn something new/better, share it with the less learned.
Thank God for new converts !

I agree.
But you know that I've always said that doctrine does not save us.
I'm not so sure anymore.
JWs think they're Christian. They write YES under their avatar.
They know about Jesus so they have no excuse.
Are they still saved? I'm not sure.
What about calvinists? They change God into something unrecognizable.
Will God be h appy about this at judgment time?
And OSAS. Those that believe they're saved no matter what....are they still saved after breaking God's laws?
I don't really intend to discuss such deep stuff, but just thinking out loud.
Yes. Definitely Jesus meant in DESIRE, our desire to be close to God.
Maybe that's all that counts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back