Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Evolution a Religion?

platos_cave said:
allhart said:
You live to understand the created and your religion/life is ever changing. To what facts are to be tomorrow.Is it not wise to say we can't create life, So you gravitate to the created as where as I live for the creator and live in his creation.I live life's adventure of ever learning. Knowing a peace and Joy of where I come from, also to Know where I am going.

In short, it has nothing to do with it.
Well I think( yes ) For one's world views pull your thoughts in one of the created or of the intelligent design. Looking in perspective of a mind set. God being bigger than oneself.Intellectually superior of us. For evolution is a religion you can say that you can conquer , to say your equal to or is to say your a God. Is to say there is no God. People rationalize the creation over looking the reality of the creator. In that laws of physic we live by You can't have a effect with out a cause.It isn't defined as a religion ,but there is a following. To a fault.

Of course, Evolution is a religion.
If you take both creationism and evolution to their lowest denominator you find that its the same.

You ask a creationist, "where did God come from?"
the answer is "I don't know"
You ask a evolutionist, "where did the big bang come from?"
So both don't know

Creationist says; "God spoke the world into existence" ie nothing became matter
Evolutionist says; "Nothing exploded into matter"
No difference here also

Creationist believe and have faith in what God says
Evolutionist believe and have faith in what their "top" scientist says

The difference is that, when they look at a tree
Creationist says that it is made by a designer
Evolutionist says that it came up by chance
No-one in his right state of mind, when he sees a car will say it came up by chance.

codenamehsk said:
You ask a creationist, "where did God come from?"
You ask a evolutionist, "where did the big bang come from?"
So both don't know

What does Evolution have to do with the Big Bang?

Creationist says; "God spoke the world into existence" ie nothing became matter
Evolutionist says; "Nothing exploded into matter"
No difference here also

Show me any scientist who says "nothing exploded into matter".

Creationist believe and have faith in what God says
Evolutionist believe and have faith in what their "top" scientist says

Because Evolutionary Biology and God are mutually exclusive, right? Wrong.

The difference is that, when they look at a tree
Creationist says that it is made by a designer
Evolutionist says that it came up by chance
No-one in his right state of mind, when he sees a car will say it came up by chance.

No one in his right state of mind will write this and actually think it's accurate.

platos_cave wrote:
Haven't you realised that if you take evolution to its lowest denominator you go to the big bang.
if you ask where did the animals come from? a unicellular organism, where did that unicellular oragnism come from? from inorganic matter, where did that inorganic matter come from? well you go back to the big bang.

cooltext398191769.jpg

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?v ... 2f749154fc

turnorburn

twocents.gif

codenamehsk said:
Haven't you realised that if you take evolution to its lowest denominator you go to the big bang.

No, you don't. Evolution deals with biology and explains the diversity of life. Evolution doesn't even deal with the beginnings of life because the beginnings of life is not a biological question.

if you ask where did the animals come from? a unicellular organism, where did that unicellular oragnism come from? from inorganic matter, where did that inorganic matter come from? well you go back to the big bang.

Entirely irrelevant to Evolutionary Theory.

platos_cave said:
codenamehsk said:

No, you don't. Evolution deals with biology and explains the diversity of life. Evolution doesn't even deal with the beginnings of life because the beginnings of life is not a biological question.

Entirely irrelevant to Evolutionary Theory.
So you say, being right is frivolous. You live your life in basic principles of laws of physics and You know evolution is frivolous when your wrong. Doesn't cause and effect matter to your equation. It isn't a variable to your basic laws of physics That to say, I don't mind and God doesn't matter. Who gave evolution the authority to make up the rule as they go along. Maybe that's because what is fact today won't be fact tomorrow. You have no constant or is everything irrelevant to the degree in which it works for you. :smt017

Evolution....sometimes the very word has been known to rock me to my core. It is something of which I will admit, I dislike the idea of being taught in school seeing as it is a theory. Which some to a good amount of the American population alone sees Creationism itself as a whole as, as well.

Is it a religion? That I cannot be certain. Though I would not be surprised to find it being viewed with much of the same seriousness as a founded religion or belief.

Though I do very much believe the theory has already been proven false with the existance of the duck billed platipus.

LostLamb said:
Evolution....sometimes the very word has been known to rock me to my core. It is something of which I will admit, I dislike the idea of being taught in school seeing as it is a theory. Which some to a good amount of the American population alone sees Creationism itself as a whole as, as well.

Is it a religion? That I cannot be certain. Though I would not be surprised to find it being viewed with much of the same seriousness as a founded religion or belief.

Though I do very much believe the theory has already been proven false with the existance of the duck billed platipus.

http://www.drdino.com/readNews.php?id=52

great video showing even more of the absurdity of evolution.

LostLamb said:

I guess you are against Science being taught then, because that is what science puts to the table in education; well-tested and evidentially supported theories.

A theory in science is not the "common" dictionary definition. To equate the two is creating a semantically fallacious dilemma.

JohnMuise said:

How does that show the absurdity of Evolution?

Kent Hovind doesn't even know what Evolution is, let alone "absurdities".

ProphetMark said:
How does that video prove intelligent design? It looks like circumstantial evidence at best to me.

Intellectually akin to Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort's video on the Banana...lol.

platos_cave said:
ProphetMark said:
How does that video prove intelligent design? It looks like circumstantial evidence at best to me.

Intellectually akin to Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort's video on the Banana...lol.

Yeah i have to admit the banana thing is weak.

platos_cave said:
JohnMuise said:

How does that show the absurdity of Evolution?

Kent Hovind doesn't even know what Evolution is, let alone "absurdities".

It shows that we can easily get the variations we see today from the original kinds in 4400 years.

Also that was Eric hovind if you watched the video :wink:

JohnMuise said:
It shows that we can easily get the variations we see today from the original kinds in 4400 years.

I didn't watch the video, I don't like it when people post videos instead of putting things into their own words and discuss with others.

How does "showing" that we can easily get variations we see today in 4400 years show that Evolution is absurd?

platos_cave said:
JohnMuise said:

I didn't watch the video, I don't like it when people post videos instead of putting things into their own words and discuss with others.

How does "showing" that we can easily get variations we see today in 4400 years show that Evolution is absurd?

It was saying that we can easily have all the variations in under 4400 years and millions of years is unneeded and absurd.

platos_cave said:
I guess you are against Science being taught then, because that is what science puts to the table in education; well-tested and evidentially supported theories.

A theory in science is not the "common" dictionary definition. To equate the two is creating a semantically fallacious dilemma.

I am not against science itself being taught. What I am though, is a theory being taught as a possible fact whereas a historical document such as the bible is received more as fiction. Guess it is really a matter of oppinion and point of view. So I appologize for ruffling any feathers.

LostLamb said:
platos_cave said:

I am not against science itself being taught. What I am though, is a theory being taught as a possible fact whereas a historical document such as the bible is received more as fiction. Guess it is really a matter of oppinion and point of view. So I appologize for ruffling any feathers.
O.K. Lets put the Bible aside for a minute. What about Intelligent design? Theory...

Back