Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is Halloween Biblical?

GodspromisesRyes said:
If other people wat to celebrate these days that is between them and God but i would like to add one more thing to this. When christians celebrate days that are pagan, it can ruin their witness to witches and pagans. Not always, but it can.

Before i was saved i was a witch, i grew up my whole life believing in occultish things. When i realised that all these christians were believing and saying that i would go to hell for not believing in Jesus and for being a pagan, and that at the same time they were celebrating all my pagan festivals each year while telling me to repent from paganism, i found them the worst hypocites and i would refuse to listen to anything they had to say to witness to me no matter what. i would even tell them when they tried to witness to me, that if they wanted to get me to believe what they say is true they should at least live whole heartily what they want me to believe but they always made excuses for their paganism but condemned mine. Even when scriptures correcting them were spoken of they still made excuses but thought i should repent.

It took a certian beleiver, who had given up every pagan holiday for Christ and who really desired to live as Christ said and not have any appearance of stain from the world for me to listen to him. We had many conversations back and forth and even though i did not agree right away with him, i had to always look at him with respect and say to myself at least he is willing to really live what he believes and not just make excuses. It was through talking to him and him praying for me that the Lord saved me and after i was saved the Lord showed me a vision of names of people who prayed for me and his name was the top of the list and when i could go back and give him the good news that i was saved we rejoiced together.

Now for me personally, because this was a thing for me i would rather keep myself from all appearance of evil so as not to ruin my witness with one person becuase that one person is more important then all the fun i may have had doing those things. (i also do not do them because i know too well the pagan origens of them and i cannot personally take something that is for pagan worship even today and just rename it to suit myself, but i do not expect others to have the same convictions in this as i do)

Thank you for this. I do appreciate the fact that we are to be holy because God is holy and that we are to stay away from even the smell of evil. The look of evil? Well, we're to be holy.

As far as my judgment regarding others? I am in complete agreement with the others who have posted here ---> each man according to his/her conscience before God. No believer here has railed against other believers and that is the 2nd Great Commandment, that we love others as we love ourselves. So much do I appreciate brothers who live in peace with each other as God intends.

It's only three verses long but Psalm 133 comes to mind:
Psa 133 HNV said:
- A Ma`alot Song. By David.
- See how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to live together in unity!

- It is like the precious oil on the head, That ran down on the beard, Even Aharon's beard; That came down on the edge of his robes;

- Like the dew of Hermon, That comes down on the hills of Tziyon [Zion]: For there the LORD gives the blessing, Even life forevermore.

:wave So also my thanks to each who has posted here. Peace & Balance & Unity are a good thing, yes?

~Sparrowhawke

good godpromisesryes, could you give your opinions and expericenses with seeing auras? many christian arent aware of the foolishness of that.

jason

Back