Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study is it normal to preach the gospel in the street? what are the benefits and consequences?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Romans 3:9-31 pretty much explains why a gentile needs to repent. You can believe what it says or reject what it says.

Yes dear heart, all Jews and Gentiles were under sin, because of Adam. But since Christ was the last Adam, only those who try to keep the LAW are in sin, fallen from Grace.

To barelohim.

If I am understanding your view correctly. (This is my most reasonable guess). Then where your talking from is the difficulty of preaching to the unsaved. You've said that only preach to good soil; articulated that gentiles will not recognize sin, nor atheists know of God.

These things are reasonable concerns because we do want our efforts to be successful. However they are not an excuse to not preach to the harder cases.

A friend many years ago was in a ministry for youth in high school. He said he was surprised about some of the people who accepted the message. I was in high school at the time and spent time with one guy that was a surprising new believer. That is a lesson in ministry that I'm sure many ministers will be able to agree on. God will reach those you don't expect. It is a lesson I haven't experienced, but one none the less to pay attention to.

If you want one more consideration for preaching to the gentiles, consider the last chapter of Luke. Specifically Luke 24:47 (but also 24:45-49 for context).

"and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem"

All the evidence I am aware of from both scripture and that testimony of my friend point to the idea of preaching to anyone and everyone. To not hold back. Use any opportunity God gives us.

The exception to this rule is not for who to teach to, but for who are the teachers. Paul cautions us that like the body has many parts and not one can say they do not need the other parts. We as christians are the body of the church. Not everyone is a teacher, or a prophet, or miricale worker. Whatever gifts we have been given though we should use. And any time God leads us (even if we are not good in that area) that we should listen to God's leading of us.

Does this make sense?

Partly.... But in the OT a man was to go into his brother wife, since her husband died, and sire children with her. Well he went in to her, and pulled out just as he was about to cum, and spilled his seed, on the ground. And the consequence caused Gods anger to rise against him for doing so. Why I say God hates wasted seed.
In all the years I have in ministry, I always asked the Lord Jesus to send me to the widows,and orphans, and send the Namaans to me! That way I know the seed won't be wasted. Your Luke 24 He is speaking to the Jewish disciples. Remember Jesus told them not to go in the way of the gentiles, nor samaritans?

Yes dear heart, all Jews and Gentiles were under sin, because of Adam. But since Christ was the last Adam, only those who try to keep the LAW are in sin, fallen from Grace.

I'm not talking about the Jews under the law, I am talking about all, Jew and Gentile, who have sinned against God for all have sinned and need to reconcile themselves back to Gods grace as that comes by repentance or recognizing we are a sinner needing Gods grace we are saved through faith which is Christ Jesus. If a man says he has no sin that makes him a liar for all have sinned, Jew and Gentile.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

barelohim, did Jesus come for the righteous or the unrighteous? Did he sit with sinners or with the elite? The word of God (seed) that is planted is always good, but circumstances will stand in the way that will cause the word (seed) to become void in ones life. It either takes root and grows when it is nourished or the roots die if mot nourished. Matthew 13:3, 9

Partly.... But in the OT a man was to go into his brother wife, since her husband died, and sire children with her. Well he went in to her, and pulled out just as he was about to cum, and spilled his seed, on the ground. And the consequence caused Gods anger to rise against him for doing so. Why I say God hates wasted seed.
In all the years I have in ministry, I always asked the Lord Jesus to send me to the widows,and orphans, and send the Namaans to me! That way I know the seed won't be wasted. Your Luke 24 He is speaking to the Jewish disciples. Remember Jesus told them not to go in the way of the gentiles, nor samaritans?
so you know who will be saved and who wont

I'm not talking about the Jews under the law, I am talking about all, Jew and Gentile, who have sinned against God for all have sinned and need to reconcile themselves back to Gods grace as that comes by repentance or recognizing we are a sinner needing Gods grace we are saved through faith which is Christ Jesus. If a man says he has no sin that makes him a liar for all have sinned, Jew and Gentile.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Dear heart.. these verses are talking to those who know they have sinned. The unsaved, gentiles don't know that. And 1 John is talking to the christian....And Ephesians also.

Some folks/preachers teach that it's better to put your seed (Judah) into the belly of a whore(Tamar) than spill/waste (Onan) your seed .. They use that scripture to justify whoremongers or fornicators which is wrong.. I has nothing to do with wasted seed .. You should know this .. You prepare good ground in your heart to receive the seed of the Word, God makes it grow .. Some seed is sown on good and some on bad ground .. We do not determine the condition of the ground, we sow the seed of the Word in season and out of season and let it fall where it may, some to salvation and some to condemnation . The Word goes out and will not return void ..

so you know who will be saved and who wont
When He sends me to the widows, and the orphans ( those that don't have Jesus as a husband, and orphans who don't have Jesus as a Father,) And the Namaans ( who will do what the Word says ) I know for sure that their hearts have been made ready to hear the Word,.

barelohim, did Jesus come for the righteous or the unrighteous? Did he sit with sinners or with the elite? The word of God (seed) that is planted is always good, but circumstances will stand in the way that will cause the word (seed) to become void in ones life. It either takes root and grows when it is nourished or the roots die if not nourished. Matthew 13:3, 9

I have no argument with those statements.

Brujag......( We do not determine the condition of the ground,)

Well we should. The Lord prepares the ground, the hardness of the heart He can soften..making it ready to receive the seed.

Brujag......( We do not determine the condition of the ground,)

Well we should. The Lord prepares the ground, the hardness of the heart He can soften..making it ready to receive the seed.
So I've went to 2 drug houses full of people doing and buying drugs and brought one out each time speaking the Word on a Fri night and a Saturday night . I planted seed in those who didn't come out then , also an Outlaws motorcycle club house with piles of beer cans and a yard full of Harleys and preached Jesus to the big read headed leader , the Holy Spirit had them quiet and in tears , the leader didn't come out that day but he got saved and Jesus filled his life with miracles .. You think I went in those places thinking ground condition was right ? I've been lots of places and alone where I didn't think ground condition was right .. But I think seed was planted every time I spoke the Word .. Some results right then and some as the Word grew in their hearts, some over periods of years ..

So I've went to 2 drug houses full of people doing and buying drugs and brought one out each time speaking the Word on a Fri night and a Saturday night . I planted seed in those who didn't come out then , also an Outlaws motorcycle club house with piles of beer cans and a yard full of Harleys and preached Jesus to the big read headed leader , the Holy Spirit had them quiet and in tears , the leader didn't come out that day but he got saved and Jesus filled his life with miracles .. You think I went in those places thinking ground condition was right ? I've been lots of places and alone where I didn't think ground condition was right .. But I think seed was planted every time I spoke the Word .. Some results right then and some as the Word grew in their hearts, some over periods of years ..

So you don't feel that you were led to those places by the Spirit??

So you don't feel that you were led to those places by the Spirit??
I'm led by the Spirit period, those times and many others I was asked by others to go for them, I guess they were to timid, no problem, the anointing breaks the yoke .. I try to stay ready .. You never know ..

And I've been afraid to, I learned how to overcome my fear most of the time but when that Holy Ghost boldness comes on you , you can do all things through Christ who strengthens us .. A big tuff marine guy insulted some girls at the church I was attending while we were street witnessing one night and three of my guys had to grab me and hold me back .. I was fixin to preach Jesus to him like he ain't never been preached to .. Just impulse I got over it quick and him and his buddy left quick .. It was actually pretty funny .. I said sorry and reminded them I hadn't been churched proper ..

When He sends me to the widows, and the orphans ( those that don't have Jesus as a husband, and orphans who don't have Jesus as a Father,) And the Namaans ( who will do what the Word says ) I know for sure that their hearts have been made ready to hear the Word,.

It's good that you feel a calling to these groups of people. Some people's ministries in the places they've gone through in their own lives. Alcoholics Anonymous I think is filled with teachers who have struggled to get away from alcohol, have been through the program, and can help those who are trying to do better. Some reaching out and preaching, do so to their own peers. I won't fault you for ministering to a specific group, because I think there is a great need for widows and orphans.

But I do disagree with you regarding the idea of spreading seed only to those who we know will accept it. I don't think the law regarding pulling out your seed (and wasting it) is the same as not preaching, (and wasting the message).

Jesus gave several parables relating to God's love for the lost. Relating to a sinner reconciled to God is celebrated in Heaven more then 99 others who did not stray away. Jesus uses the parable of the lost sheep, of the lost coin, and the lost son to convay this great love God has for those who are lost.

But again, that said, I don't see anything wrong with your ministry to those you've said you seek. I know I have nothing to say against any ministries because I don't preach and minister. I feel for many I see. And though sometimes I say something often I don't. Their outlook has already been said, and often it is discouraging to try and teach when they make it known they don't want to hear.

That said. In general I think preaching in the street is a good (but risky) kind of ministry. It might not be for everyone, but I feel like it still isn't done enough.

Last edited:
Our greatest strength in planting seeds in others is that of where we came from ourselves in relation to what another is going through. Every situation is different, but yet very simular. I lean more on planting seeds to those who have or are going through physical and mental abuse for that is what God brought me out of. It's easier to speak to that need in another's life when you have been through it yourself. I am the type of women that will go to the worst and dark places in order to allow the light of Christ shine through me. My flesh may have some fear, but like brujag said it is the boldness of the Holy Spirit that is in us and speaks through us. We should never fear where God will send us, but trust Him and remain in His will as we carry out the works of the Father.

But I do disagree with you regarding the idea of spreading seed only to those who we know will accept it. I don't think the law regarding pulling out your seed (and wasting it) is the same as not preaching, (and wasting the message).
agreed it is not for us to know the soil /heart only God knows our heart .not one time did he say do a soil sample he said go into all the world . we only plant the seed .what type field you plant in does not matter .

Our greatest strength in planting seeds in others is that of where we came from ourselves in relation to what another is going through. Every situation is different, but yet very simular. I lean more on planting seeds to those who have or are going through physical and mental abuse for that is what God brought me out of. It's easier to speak to that need in another's life when you have been through it yourself. I am the type of women that will go to the worst and dark places in order to allow the light of Christ shine through me. My flesh may have some fear, but like brujag said it is the boldness of the Holy Spirit that is in us and speaks through us. We should never fear where God will send us, but trust Him and remain in His will as we carry out the works of the Father.
q not g .. And the boldness of the Holy Spirit will show up on time and usually not before which allows fear to make you question until then .. I've been in many situations afraid and realizing my frailness/weakness or fixing to be and wonder ''Lord what am I going to do now'', then right on time, right in time, the Lord provides .. It is usually quite an adventure

I think so, it is normal to preach in the street because Jesus did it himself. it reveals that benefits, because in doing so, the hearts are touched by the message either immediately or later, a seed that is sown, will yield harvest.
Some people just talk on the side lines and give you their opinions
Others go out there and do it
Go out with an experienced person and join in when you are ready and I bet you will see wonderful results
Otherwise, you can just sit there and give everyone your opinions all day long

But it is nice when someone offers a drink of water instead of piling on like some might do .. Usually those who complain or oppose I want to say ''hey, if you can do better''. I can't expect anyone to live out my convictions and a kind word means much ..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back