Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Paul in error when he states.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

guysmith

Galations 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

John states:
Revelation 7:4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

....impying that there is a difference between Jews and Gentiles.

Are we all one in Christ or not?

Context. Paul was speaking of our acceptance by God through faith in Christ,that race and gender did not restrict our acceptance. Paul never said that the reality of being a Jew or gentile, or male or female had disappeared.

Galations 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

John states:
Revelation 7:4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Although I am not prepared to argue the point at present, I am quite sure that I have read reputable theologians who argue that the "144,000 of all the tribes of Israel" is actually a cryptic allusion to the Jew + Gentile church. So, if this is so, there is no contradiction.

It is otherwise clear that Paul, on many occasions refers to the Jew + Gentile church as, yes, "Israel" or "the children of Abraham". So there is strong precedent for the term "Israel" being re-defined by New Testament authors to refer to the church, and not to the nation of Israel.

So I very much doubt that there is a problem here.

John states:

I've said this on other forums 'til the cows come home that there is the election of race (family lineage and genealogy where some promises went), then there's the election of grace. Most replacement, amillennial theology seems to tie up the covenants into one simple "grace" package and totally ignores the People of the Book by whom grace came and is, in fact, the subject of the vast majority of the bible. But as long as these two recipients of race and grace are denied, then your question is going to be asked over and ever and over again because the bible then becomes a confused mess of Babylon.

And for anyone out there debating the word "chosen" for the umpteenth time chosen is not necessarily a "superior" race, but rather a DUTY to be performed as a result of God's calling to be a light to all of fallen man, in which the called ones are equally fallen.

And secondly, when we talk about "promises", many are earthly promises so chosen does not equal "saved". They are promises enjoyed here and now for the purpose of God's glory. There are two sides of a coin which is presented here, but just because a coin lands on "heads" does not mean there's no "tails" because it can't be seen. But too many folks rather say there's only a "heads" and keep things one-tracked. Also, I doubt there's many who could even recite what the "promises" contain--- but they are national in scope, not only spiritual.

So the answer to your question is that God is not thru with Israel yet. He not only chosen them as a race to be his oracle people, but promises that those specific people would one day be saved, thus enjoying in the fullness every earthly thing promises..... but oh, there has to be a millennium to accomplish that. :lol

John states:

Sure! Rom. 2 tell's the same DOCUMENTED TRUTH!

[25] For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

[26] Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

[27] And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

[29] But [he is a Jew, which is one inwardly]; and [circumcision is that of the heart], in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

And the Rev. 7 144000 verses, are these ones of Rev. 12:17
and the 'other' large number are the redeemed from Gen.'s start to the Rev. finish!

---Elijah

John states:

The only thing in error here is the interpretation, which is Christianity's stumbling block. I personally know, but for conversation sake, believe, that the 1st resurrection was for the righteous Jews only.

The 144,000 sealed, and the "great multitude," were Jews, not Gentiles. Why do you suppose the "great multitude" had palms branches in their hands if they didn't represent all the Jews that accept Christ on so-called Palm Sunday?

The 2nd resurrection was for all the dead from creation, the good and the bad, Jews and Gentiles, the Jews that didn't have a part in the 1st resurrection, and all the Gentiles from creation to the end of the 1,000 yrs reign, the reason why there's no temple in the New Heavenly Jerusalem (the Great White Throne Judgement). If no Gentile was allowed in the earth Jerusalem's temple, then why would they be allowed to reign with Christ for the 1,000 yrs in his heavenly Jerusalem's temple, where the ark of his testament was seen. The 1st resurrection was for the Jews only (firstfruits)!

The 3rd resurrection is the "wheat and tares" harvest of the physical world that Paul spoke about, when we will be caught up in the air to meet Christ and the angels. We will be carried into the New Jerusalem (the barn), and the wicked (the tares) into the lake of fire.

And last but not least, the "devil" that decieves them is not Satan, the Devil, but one of the four angels released from the Euphrates (the false prophet was one also). Satan was bound and released after the 1,000 yrs, yes, but he used the 2nd angel from the Euphrates the same way he used the Beast and the false prophet. This "devil" was most likely a false prophet too.

John states:

Finish the statement / then he seen a great multitude that no one could count. The great multitude was sealed, just not of the tribes of israel. The tribes indicate hebrew heritage, but all were sealed through christ.

Finish the statement / then he seen a great multitude that no one could count. The great multitude was sealed, just not of the tribes of israel. The tribes indicate hebrew heritage, but all were sealed through christ.
It would be silly to think only 144,000 jews go to heaven. That would be impossible.

It would be silly to think only 144,000 jews go to heaven. That would be impossible.
Not really, the Promise was given to abraham by faith not heritage. See romans 2-4, ephesians 2-3, galations 2-4. Remember all those jews Over 20 years old that were led into the wilderness from egypt died there because they lacked faith and were not allowed to enter the promised land. Faith has always been the key.

Not really, the Promise was given to abraham by faith not heritage. See romans 2-4, ephesians 2-3, galations 2-4. Remember all those jews Over 20 years old that were led into the wilderness from egypt died there because they lacked faith and were not allowed to enter the promised land. Faith has always been the key.
Faith might be the key, but logic dictates numbers higher than 144,000 entered the promise land. And if more than 144,000 Jews entered the promise land, they would be to much to number at the time of the resurrection, evening if it's just the righteous! Israel existed for atleast 1,500 yrs.

Faith might be the key, but logic dictates numbers higher than 144,000 entered the promise land. And if more than 144,000 Jews entered the promise land, they would be to much to number at the time of the resurrection, evening if it's just the righteous! Israel existed for atleast 1,500 yrs.
You might want to re-read the OT and see just how many times God destroyed Israel and preserved just the faithfull remnant. Israel the country existed for 1500 years, but the promise was not to bio jews. Just those faithful.

You might want to re-read the OT and see just how many times God destroyed Israel and preserved just the faithfull remnant. Israel the country existed for 1500 years, but the promise was not to bio jews. Just those faithful.
if more than 144,000 Jews entered the promise land, they would be to much to number at the time of the resurrection, evening if it's just the righteous! Israel existed for atleast 1,500 yrs.

From my understanding, the 144,000 are the people who would be taken up BEFORE the tribulation. If that is so, then I do believe that the Jews will be taken up, and the gentiles will have to stand and fight, even if it means death. However, i will reread it to make sure im not mistaken.

From my understanding, the 144,000 are the people who would be taken up BEFORE the tribulation. If that is so, then I do believe that the Jews will be taken up, and the gentiles will have to stand and fight, even if it means death. However, i will reread it to make sure im not mistaken.

ugh.they are 144, 000 isrealites

not jews

bad habit.

a jew is one from judea(benjamin, or judah) and all others are from the ten tribes thus isrealites

a jew is always an isrealite but the reverse isnt possible.

Please!

Precepts, believing that only 144,000 of the hebrews will get taken up isnt silly. I mean, most of them are Jews by religion, and do not believe that Christ was the son of God. Instead of being rude, you could post verses to counter what I believe.
I just dont think there is much scriptual support for the gentiles being taken up before the tribulation. It clearly says from the tribes of Israel.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back