Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Star Wars a tool of Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!

a "homosexual robot named 'C-3PO'
Robots can be homo?

"Aliens are not in the Bible, so therefore, they're Satanic," said Brodson matter-of-factly.
I don't believe firefighters (yes I am one) are in the Bible,,,,does that mean I'm satanic?

Instead of worshipping Jesus, children now bow down to the altar of Yoda. I've seen it. They pray to Yoda, and they talk about how they hate Jesus.
Crazy writer, he is.

Star Wars ROCKS!!!! But, obviously not as much as God!!!!!

Sometimes is amazes me the crusades Christians will go on against anything and everything. When will we learn to just rest in the grace God has given us and not make it harder for ourselves?

Lyric's Dad said:
Sometimes is amazes me the crusades Christians will go on against anything and everything. When will we learn to just rest in the grace God has given us and not make it harder for ourselves?

People have a sense of imagination for a reason. It starts when we're toddlers. I remember as a kid, I really thought Willy Wonka was real and that there was really a Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Darn that devil for making me think that!

I don't think the writing of star wars or anything like that is satanic. That's stupid.

People have a sense of imagination for a reason. It starts when we're toddlers. I remember as a kid, I really thought Willy Wonka was real and that there was really a Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Darn that devil for making me think that!

I don't think the writing of star wars or anything like that is satanic. That's stupid.

Its just quite amazing to me however how all of you here will condemn the Buddhists and Taoist faiths while Star Wars is all about Eastern Mysticism!!!!

The Force is a representation of the "Tao".

Also the "Force" can be equated to esoteric occultic magick which is condemable in Galations as "sorcery".

The Jedi use "prayers" akin to eastern forms of "occult meditation". In fact Yoda seems to always be doing this when some other Jedi walks in on him.

"Clear your mind" and "let go of your attachments" are sayings I distinctily remember from the movies that could have been overheard from some eastern mystic!

Becoming a Jedi requires one to achieve an enlightened sense of "Gnosis" that transcends material reality..... Anakin never attained this and it is why he was not made a Jedi in the latest flick..... So now we can see where Gnosticism fits in....

Maybe the most telling signs of the Star Wars movie "Episode III" that should be investigated is towards the end when Yoda proclaims to Obi Wan that "he will teach him to communicate with his dead Master Quin that died by Darth Maul as he attained the secret of immoratality" This is NO different than a medium contacting your dead grandfather in order to "learn" of their fates.....

So I guess I am curious how you all CONDEMN those of the eastern mystic faith as it originates in the "devils loins" but will CAMP OUT for this newest installment of massively occultic and esoteric ideologies that we all see in Star Wars!!!!????? Can someone please respond to the evidence I have shown and riddle me this paradox????

Has anyone seen the spoof site with 'Habu the polytheist'? a Hindu child, with the slogan, "Isn't one God that loves you better than lots that don't?"

Was it meant to be the tool of the devil, I don't think so.

It can be used for both good and evil. It is a great tool to relate a known story to the truth's of God. However, there are those who think George Lucas has revealed the true religion, and follow the ways of the force. I think that it is whatever you make it to be.

Brutus,

So God's Truth involves meditiation, Gnosis, and occultic magick?

I thought you shunned mysticism?

Who said anything abut the occult or mysticism? :-? Here's what I meant when I said it can be used as a tool to relate a modern story to God's truths.

1. In the end of the series, Good triumphs over evil. In the End God will triumph over Satan.

2. Thru out the series, the good are constently in some kind of struggle. Some solutions came easily, other took thought. For a Christian, you will lead a life where you will have to fight temptation, everyday. Some temptations you can easily work past, while others may require prayer or a time of struggle.

3. Chancelor Palpatine seemed to be a great person, but in truth was not. Some people claim to be of Christ's flock, but when their life is examined, the truth is they are just talk.

Understand what I'm getting at, Soma/

I enjoyed Star Wars and the other movies.

In reality we should be more excited to go to Chruch then see the newest star wars movie.

I actually had my knee healed once.

Didn't not have a whole lot of faith on the matter.

I was actually a tad annoyed that my dad wanted me to have an elders pray for it.

I was a tad intiminated to go to an elder so I just had the youth pastor pray over it.

He was as suprized as I was when it got all hot.

He told me to move it and I was able to move it again with out pain.

I think the force is a generic faith in faith. I think us Christians can use Star Wars as a chance to tell people about the real force of God.

I'm actually kind of timid but it is easy to type:)

I don't get on my soap box that much but usually when I do share my faith with someone it usually started out as a conversation about a movie.

Our God is great and he can use all sorts of things.

I don't know about all this Eastern Mysticism stuff. But the devout idolatry is quite excessive. My response to this would be that its not much different than worshipping in a religion mired in false prophecies while holding admiration for false prophets even to this day. Its ironic when much of the Bible speaks out against false prophets, Jeremiah and Deuteronomy being 2 very good examples. Perhaps criticizing the neighbor's lawn isn't the best thing to do when one's own lawn needs mowing.

Lyric's Dad said:

lol
I agree. Too many read too much into things like this. I think the same was done with "Lord of the Rings". Another one was the thing about the tele-tubbies (spelling)

If you learn how to decern the spirits, separate the wheat from the chaff, then, is telling a good story for entertainment sake a sin?

Were does it say we can't use tales of fantasy to uncover the lie and reveal the truth?

When my children were young. I sat with them while they watched cartoons and fairytale movies, and made sure they knew fact from fiction and right from wrong.

I like the three stooges. I don't like how Moe did all that hitting, but Curly was my favorite. Does that make me a decieved sinner? Of course not! I know how stupid humor can be funny, and how it can be harmful if your mind isn't being used for goodness sake. Kids need to be taught right from wrong as well as fact from fiction.

How would we be able to know right from wrong if right and wrong didn't exist?

Mid Eastern religions are full of truth! They just don't direct the believer to the Almighty, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient, ONE and ONLY God Creator. They don't point to Jesus Christ as being the Redeemer, Savior, Lord and Shepherd. They use other figures to teach truth through philosophy. There is nothing wrong with philosophy if it is that OF Truth. The thing is.... Buddha doesn't save us from our sins and to worship Buddha(s) is misleading. The focus is on the Buddha and not on the Almighty Creator of all life. They give a name to each entity, instead of placing the focus on the ONE AND ONLY CREATOR OF ALL. That is why they need all these gods, because one doesn't cover enough territory. While there is only ONE TRUE GOD OF ALL, they rely on many gods to turn toward. And that is where the mistake is.
The ONE TRUE GOD would never tell us to rely on a force that is NOT OF HIS OWN or outside of HIS SPIRIT. The One True God is Triune in His being, not reliant on others for His majesty and power.

Any educated person should know the difference between right and wrong, fact and fiction.

Even Jesus used examples of the sick, the sinner and the demon possessed, the struggle with demonic forces, in order to reveal His Grace, Forgiveness and Glory. Victory in overcoming the Evil.

There is nothing wrong with a good story that exemplifies Victory over Evil. There is something wrong with worshiping the false god.
Education is key to learning how to decern the spirits.

The information (some of it anyway) is misleading. This latest and possibly last movie of the series is not the Final episode. The third movie, Return of the Jedi, is really the final episode in the series. Good triumphed in that one. :-D

Hey, all!

Thought this verse might speak to this thread quite well:

"Finally, brethen, whatosoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phil. 4:8

In Christ, Aiki. :)

Some people really need to get a life and stop trying to find wrong in EVERYTHING. I can think of much better things to do with my time!

Soma-Sight said:
So I guess I am curious how you all CONDEMN those of the eastern mystic faith as it originates in the "devils loins" but will CAMP OUT for this newest installment of massively occultic and esoteric ideologies that we all see in Star Wars!!!!????? Can someone please respond to the evidence I have shown and riddle me this paradox????

Spoof sites are evidence of what exactly?

:biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back