Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

is the bible true ??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Yes it's true.

2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Yes it's true.

wow, that's from the bible? how do we know that 2 timothy 3 is true?

what reason do you have to think any part of Scripture is not true ? (I noticed you asked about other writing that are fake on other threads; do you have reason to think that Scripture is false ? )

and the flesh in its corruption, and the world and society, like the scribes and pharisees and lawyers Jesus blasted with His Word(s),
many do not believe the Bible. and they are without excuse, according to the Creator Himself. (somewhere He says "there is no excuse" as everything in creation shows I exist, and likewise "I will reward everyone who diligently seeks Me" (to find Me to obey Me to honor Me)

whoa! calm down there!

I've never met anyone in my life as calm as I am, and give Yhwh all the credit for that by sheer grace in Christ Jesus.

you still didn't answer the question. and you are the one who brought it up. not me.

His_nee asked:
what reason do you have to think any part of Scripture is not true ? (I noticed you asked about other writing that are fake on other threads; do you have reason to think that Scripture is false ? )

please answer his question..

tob

"Is the Bible true" is the title question.

edited
IF the asker believes the Bible is true, fully, then it is a bating question to ask "Is the Bible true" and not a request for information.
(this is sometimes very important, because other religions often will ask a question they don't want an answer to, to get into a debate about their own religion -- an 'open door' coming in sideways instead of directly in order to circumvent the site rules for instance)

That is why the question is asked. To clarify what information is being sought, if any.
We cannot know what information the asker is seeking if he doesn't tell us, unless God reveals it to one of us in another way.
All we can do is ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
To say that the Bible is not true, really it is an insult to God. And Christians! Sure we may not always understand it. But indeed, it is true.
Why as one may ask? Because it is from the Word of God and the Lord's Book as the main author. That's why!

The Bible is true. If you're wanting proof that it is true, the way to get it is to choose to put your faith in God and trust Him. Apply yourself, seek God with your whole heart, pray without ceasing and search the scriptures daily. Then the Holy Spirit will bear witness with your spirit and you will know within yourself that the bible is emphatically true. Our Lord is the only one which is absolutely true to His word.

There might well be a few human errors or mistakes in translation due to forgetfulness or even fatique for example the well known glitch at the ft note in Matt.27:9 where the original Greek as taken up in the Textus Reseptus to the King James were the bible says "Jeremiah" in the verse but in the ft it is actually Zechariah 11:12-13 who made the prophecy refered to.This doesnt change the import of the prophesy in any material sense ie making it false , but besides that example and there might well be other human errors. Still it is strange fact that people who doupt the Bible find it difficult to point out actual intentional examples of untruths ,besides wild unsubstantiated genereralisations , often geared at nit picking to spread doubt amonst God's children ,who walk in faith towards God no matter what like Abraham did in 15:6 and Christ always refering to the Scriptures ie Matt 4 :4 "It is written" throughtout his ordeal with Satin as well as his Christ's say so ,in Matt.5:18 "not the smallest letter , not the least stroke of a pen , will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."What more can one say?

Last edited:
Scripture says that his word will not ever pass away...So we have to give Him the benefit of the doubt that He got enough of a bible into our hands for us to be able to find Him. In my mind, it doesn't matter which translation you have. If you read it and pray throughout...you will find God.

The only way one can know if the Bible is truth is by applying Gods spoken words to their life to know He is real. The Bible is life application full of Gods promises of blessings and also His cursing as in Deuteronomy Chapters 27, 28. One can actually trace the history of the various Kings, Pharaoh's, culture of the various countries and see how God dealt with all of them. If one truly is searching truth than all one has to do with all sincerity come before the Lord and ask Him to reveal himself to them and He will, but one also has to be still long enough for God to speak to their heart.

Psalms 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Scripture says that his word will not ever pass away...So we have to give Him the benefit of the doubt that He got enough of a bible into our hands for us to be able to find Him. In my mind, it doesn't matter which translation you have. If you read it and pray throughout...you will find God.

I have something else to look up, but last first as it is so much more important >>> the bible and the author of the bible no where says that if you read the bible and pray throughout ...you will find God. Jesus pointed out the some not so good men in front of Him that they read the Scriptures thinking that in them they would find eternal life, and in another place that they loved to pray,
but they did not find God --- He was right there with them, and they rejected Him!

even more simple though, "whoever seeks Him will find Him" , from little children who don't know how to read yet, to african, american, european, chinese, japanese, philipines?, malasyians, who can't read english or hebrew or greek and who don't even have a bible, who can't read at all. the PROMISE OF YHWH is that if they seek the CREATOR, they will find Him.

i think galatians may speak of this specifically too - gentiles who do what is right because the torah is within them, not because they ever read it or were taught what is right; they are justified by Yhwh according to His Word, without ever having a Bible. not galatians(maybe also) but Romans 2:13-15

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back