Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Their are literally thousands of these cases coming to light.
What cases? It is simply not true that there are thousands of cases of paralysis coming to light. Yes, the vaccine has side effects. But if you are claiming that thousands of people are suffering paralysis because of the vaccine, this is simply not true.

You seem hot to trot about this issue. I'm going to lay off now as this is not to be the focus of the Christian. If we would take the sin issue more serious, maybe we would spend more energy in warning and offering the eternal vaccine for those facing eternal destruction.
Have a nice life.
You offer a false choice, as if we have to choose between promoting the vaccine - a position completely in line with our mandate as Christians - and preaching a more general gospel of repentance.

And how is vaccine refusal not sin? The best evidence we have overwhelmingly shows it saves lives and reduces needless suffering. To refuse the vaccine is to actively participate in promoting death and suffering.

How is that not sin?

What cases? It is simply not true that there are thousands of cases of paralysis coming to light. Yes, the vaccine has side effects. But if you are claiming that thousands of people are suffering paralysis because of the vaccine, this is simply not true.

I’m seeing more and more deaths and seizures and paralysis and blood clots being reported in people within a few hours or days who receive the vaccine.

That clip is just one of many.

I have family members who work in hospitals.

Explain how it makes sense to allow unvaccinated illegal aliens to pour through our borders by the thousands every day and transport them around the country?

JLB

To refuse the vaccine is to actively participate in promoting death and suffering.

This is an unfounded and completely false statement.

Please refrain from such propaganda.

JLB

I’m seeing more and more deaths and seizures and paralysis and blood clots being reported in people within a few hours or days who receive the vaccine.
Surely you can understand that you need to support such claims - we should not simply take your word for it.

What evidence do you offer for your statement above?

Surely you can understand that you need to support such claims - we should not simply take your word for it.

What evidence do you offer for your statement above?

I supported my claim by the video I posted.

This is an unfounded and completely false statement.

Please refrain from such propaganda.

JLB
Untrue - my statement is accurate. Here is why:

1. The best evidence we have shows that the benefits of the vaccine greatly outweigh the risks.
2. Covid can does kill. While the vaccine does kill, it does so at a much lower rate.
3. Refusing the vaccine promotes the development of more variants that could threaten all humanity.

I do not see any rational way to argue that vaccine refusal does not amount to wilful participation in placing all of humanity at further risk.

About the video of Doctor Peter McCullough: It is entirely appropriate for me to provide readers with information about those responsible for posting the video - in this case the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. The credibility of the source is indeed one relevant piece of information we should use in assessing claims. Here is more about this organization:

Leading up to the 2008 presidential election, AAPS published an article claiming that then-candidate Barack Obama was captivating his audiences through hypnosis.

He didn’t break any law. The case was dismissed because he was innocent.
Ok, I stand corrected. But what was the point of showing the video in the first place? Of what relevance is the fact that this man was wrongfully arrested to the topic of this thread: the effectiveness of the vaccine?

Untrue - my statement is accurate. Here is why:

1. The best evidence we have shows that the benefits of the vaccine greatly outweigh the risks.
2. Covid can does kill. While the vaccine does kill, it does so at a much lower rate.
3. Refusing the vaccine promotes the development of more variants that could threaten all humanity.

I do not see any rational way to argue that vaccine refusal does not amount to wilful participation in placing all of humanity at further risk.
About the video of Doctor Peter McCullough: It is entirely appropriate for me to provide readers with information about those responsible for posting the video - in this case the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. The credibility of the source is indeed one relevant piece of information we should use in assessing claims. Here is more about this organization:

Leading up to the 2008 presidential election, AAPS published an article claiming that then-candidate Barack Obama was captivating his audiences through hypnosis.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/healthfeed/postings/2021/07/blood-clotting-covid19.php

What is the link between blood clots and COVID-19?​

The association between COVID-19 and blood clots was recognized early in the pandemic among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. These patients experienced blood clots both in deep veins and arteries, which sometimes led to strokes and heart attacks. Although these conditions have mostly been seen in patients with severe COVID-19 illness, people with moderate illness have also developed blood clots. Data from the beginning of the pandemic indicated that the incidence of blood clots in severe COVID-19 illness ranged from 20 to 40 percent. The incidence in people with mild or moderate COVID-19 illness was three to nine percent.

My point in this matter is:

Each person should be able to do their own research and evaluate the data based on their their own age and medical history to see if they believe taking the COVID vaccine or any other medication for that matter, without being coerced by the government.

JLB

From the text summarizing the video itself:

A presentation was made to the National Adverse Event Following Immunisation (AEFI) Committee during a meeting held on March 31 over the number of deaths, AEFI hospitalisations and severe AEFI post vaccination against coronavirus in the country. However, the data does not reflect if the deaths were caused due to the vaccine. In this video, we have taken data from various media reports published on April 9. Watch the video for more.

Let us be clear: many many people are going to die "after" the vaccine! Correlation is not causation.

Each person should be able to do their own research and evaluate the data based on their their own age and medical history to see if they believe taking the COVID vaccine or any other medication for that matter, without being coerced by the government.
I am not sure what you mean by "coerced" - I see no evidence that the government is planning to force anyone to take the vaccine.

Yes, people have the right to evaluate the data. But let's be clear: non-experts like you and me are not qualified to evaluate the complex medical data.

That is why we have experts.

And the experts are clear: get the vaccine.

It is however NOT appropriate to state that a video is invalid simply because you do not like it... or as I suspect ... have not even viewed it..... once AGAIN you have slammed the video without commenting on the subject matter within.... You continue to deflect...

At this point... I have no choice but to place you on IGNORE... as I have said my peace.

Like I said... I have no problem with the fact that you choose to be vaccinated.... I have a problem with your BLANKET statements... and the fact that you are assessing truth when it is not truth at all.

Using the words IN MY OPINION could solve all the strife... but you refuse to comply with this.

God bless you... I am assuming that once you are on IGNORE I will not be able to see what you have posted... so you might want to save the computer ink and accept that you and I are at odds for the reasons explained in post #455.

I really have had a full week of JUDGEMENT and I admit that my patience is at nil. God bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back