Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the wearing of Hijab or whatever it's called A Requirement in Islam?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
L

lamplady

Or the praying five times a day, praying in a certain direction, praying at specific times, the turban, the beard, learning of Arabic, are they all 100% necessary?

I ask because my God basically says: come as you are and HE will change you.

I want to know if you HAVE to do all those things before you can reach your Muslim God.

If you don't HAVE to - why do it?

If I am misinformed - where did all those notions about Muslims or Islam in particular and not about another 'religion' come from?

Note: NOT attacking anyone or anything ...

Anyone know the answer? ... :shrug ...

Or the praying five times a day, praying in a certain direction, praying at specific times, the turban, the beard, learning of Arabic, are they all 100% necessary?

If it's in the Quran, of course it's mandatory for Muslims in obedience to Allah.

I ask because my God basically says: come as you are and HE will change you.

Your God and my God are not the same as their God ... :nono

I want to know if you HAVE to do all those things before you can reach your Muslim God.

There's no assurance of reaching paradise for any Muslim except if they are willing to strap themselves with explosives and blow themselves up in the name of Allah for holy war.

It merely increaes their chances of salvation.

If I am misinformed - where did all those notions about Muslims or Islam in particular and not about another 'religion' come from?

They beleive no other prophet besides Muhammad is the one and only true prophet of God.

Your God and my God are not the same as their God ... :nono
Only one God exists. The difference in our religion lies in His attributes. Muslims believe God is One with no sons, daughters, wives etc.

There's no assurance of reaching paradise for any Muslim except if they are willing to strap themselves with explosives and blow themselves up in the name of Allah for holy war.
Suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be in the Fire of Hell, throwing himself down therein for ever and ever. Whoever takes poison and kills himself, his poison will be in his hand and he will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, that piece of iron will be in his hand and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it in the Fire of Hell, for ever and ever.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5442; Muslim, 109.

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5700; Muslim, 110.

It was narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among those who came before you there was a man who was wounded and he panicked, so he took a knife and cut his hand with it, and the blood did not stop flowing until he died. Allaah said: ‘My slave hastened to bring about his demise; I have forbidden Paradise to him.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3276; Muslim, 113.

They beleive no other prophet besides Muhammad is the one and only true prophet of God.
Muslims believe in all the Prophets from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them)

Or the praying five times a day, praying in a certain direction, praying at specific times,
Allah has commanded Muslims to pray five times a day at prescribed times and facing the Qiblah.

the turban,
No, the turban has no basis in Islam. It's probably a cultural thing.

the beard,
Muslims are told not to shave the beard.

learning of Arabic,
Muslims don't have to learn or know the Arabic language.

In Islam there is no obstacle between a person and God.

Shall I be an ungrateful slave?

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: When the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) prayed, he would stand for so long that his feet became swollen. ‘Aa’ishah said: O Messenger of Allaah, are you doing this when Allaah has forgiven your past and future sins? He said: “O ‘Aa’ishah, should I not be a thankful slave?â€

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4557) and Muslim (2820).

Only one God exists. The difference in our religion lies in His attributes. Muslims believe God is One with no sons, daughters, wives etc.

There are many, many, many gods, but only one true God. We believe ours is the one true God.
You believe yours is the one true god. :shrug

Suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam.

You need to tell your fellow Muslims this. They are going to hell by the droves.

Muslims believe in all the Prophets from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them)

Christians don't believe Adam was a prophet, or Lot, or Solomon etc. etc.

Muslims don't have to learn or know the Arabic language.

But if they don't their credibility gets shot.

In Islam there is no obstacle between a person and God.

The obstacle she is referring to is the 'works' of Islam. Allah only loves Muslims when they are obedient. Allah doesn't love anyone else. That's a big obstacle.

Shall I be an ungrateful slave?

That's all you'll ever be able to attain. Slave Master and Slave. Don't you ever want more?

Learning Arabic - No one looses credibility or respect if they dont know Arabic - as for all the Muslims I know - I am the only non Arab who speaks Arabic fluently - its good to learn for a variety of reasons - but not compulsory, nor do you lose respect (theLords loves to make uninformed, emotional attacks on a religion she despises)

I'm simply quoting your fellow brothers.

(Paraphrased Conversation I read on an Islamic board: Muslim on Muslim Hate)

Muslim X: I am a X Muslim, you Y Muslims are all wrong when you believe that this Z verse means A!!!

Muslim Y: You're wrong! It means B! Do you speak Arabic? Show me this verse in Arabic! If you can't understand Arabic don't waste your time trying to understand the Qu'ran! The Qu'ran was written in Arabic. If you don't know Arabic you don't know the proper meaning!

I have read arguments like this countless of times! I can show prove, but maybe a little later. I'm chillaxin' right now.

Well I can see where your misunderstanding comes from - if a person who speaks not a lick of Arabic attempts to interpret a translation - their credibility is not shot because they lack knowledge of Arabic - its shot because they are attempting to take on a task in which they are not trained in - that task being Musafir

Precisely my point. Credibility = Shot

I speak Arabic - yet I too should lose credibility if I atempt to interpret even the Arabic which I understand - the reason being is that even as an Arabic speaker - I lack the neccesary scholarly training to interpret verses of Quran.

Hmmm, this sounds like an obstacle between between you and God. You can only go to a scholar to gain knowledge from God about God? Where is the direct link Muslimah declared there was?

This misunderstanding of yours is perfectly understandable - since christians and Muslims have fundementaly different approach to interpreting their repective books. In christianity - any joe knuckle head can open up the bible and take from it what he understands of it - most christians look to a more knowlegable person 9pastor, scholar, bible study teacher) - but there is no prohibition on taking any verse and simply interpreting it how one feels.

Wrong. The Holy Spirit teaches average joe dropped out of school in 8th grade and the astrophysicists with the Ph. D.

The Holy Spirit (God) is the ultimate authority.

I'm simply quoting your fellow brothers.

(Paraphrased Conversation I read on an Islamic board: Muslim on Muslim Hate)

Muslim X: I am a X Muslim, you Y Muslims are all wrong when you believe that this Z verse means A!!!

Muslim Y: You're wrong! It means B! Do you speak Arabic? Show me this verse in Arabic! If you can't understand Arabic don't waste your time trying to understand the Qu'ran! The Qu'ran was written in Arabic. If you don't know Arabic you don't know the proper meaning!

I have read arguments like this countless of times! I can show prove, but maybe a little later. I'm chillaxin' right now.

To be fair, this happens all the time among Christians also. I've seen, as well as taken part in, many discussions, some on this forum, where someone will say "You have to know the meaning of the original Hebrew/Greek to understand this verse propperly." He will then go on to explain the original meaning. Of course, few if any of the others in the discussion understand Hebrew or Greek. In fact, often the person saying something like that doesn't understand the language either, but is just repeating what he has heard.

To be fair, this happens all the time among Christians also. I've seen, as well as taken part in, many discussions, some on this forum, where someone will say "You have to know the meaning of the original Hebrew/Greek to understand this verse propperly." He will then go on to explain the original meaning. Of course, few if any of the others in the discussion understand Hebrew or Greek. In fact, often the person saying something like that doesn't understand the language either, but is just repeating what he has heard.

Fair enough. I won't debate from that point anymore. :salute MA

In the end, the Holy Spirit, is the ultimate illuminator. That is the one unshakeable, undeniable Truth that Christians can't fight against. ;)

From my understand of my studies in Islam.....

There is no requirement to become a muslim other than a declaration of faith in one God and that Mohammed is his prophet. There is also a cleansing/shower/ghusl that should be performed. (It would be like a christian coming to God by repenting of sins, accepting Jesus, and then being baptized..... except that Mohammed is considered a prophet, whereas Jesus is considered God to most Christian believers.)

Then, in Islam, they believe that the slate is wiped clean and the individuals starts anew. (Also a concept in the Christian faith.)

After that, it is through the convicition of God, a recognition of sins and desire to repent and turn from those sins, that an individual increases in imaan and would then desire to do the acts asked about in the first post (modesty/ head covering, giving up haram foods, abstaining from alcohol, etc.). I am sure I described this extremely poorly...... maybe muslimah or Mujahid can expound on it further and make it more clear. (Anyhow, this is similar to the Christian belief that we allow God to convict us -- through the holy spirit-- and change our heart following our confession of faith.)

The muslim does those acts not to gain favor with God, but to submit to the will of God and to put aside their own will for God's will, out of love and devotion. There is a bird analogy, where love is the head and hope and fear are the wings. Those things drive the actions. So, there is fear of God and of what he can do, and there is also hope in God and hope for the future, but love is at the head-- love for God. (We actually have all these things in the Christian faith also, but we conceptualize them differently.)

Anyhow...... that is my take on it and my understanding. Yes, I find the parallels. :lol I most enjoy comparing and contrasting concepts. The last paragraph is one I have had extensive conversations with Muslims on before.

While the concepts have parallels with Christianity, the practices have parallels with Judaism. (Headcovering, mode of prayer, etc.)

In fact - on another forum she and I belong to - a Muslim asked a simple question regarding the difference in the afternoon prayer times between two madhahibs - and the Pouring Rain was the one who answered his question - it was thoroughly Ironic

I only answered because no one else had and it had been an entire day. :oops Normally I don't like to answer too many questions about Islam from Muslims, because I am far from one who is any sort of expert or knowledgeable. I am one of the last people who should be telling someone about their religion.

But thank you for the compliments.

@the lords. the holy spirit does teach but its a good idea to attempt or have acess to the original words so that we can better see the thoughts conveyed. is it needed no.

case in point the kjv uses hate when in greek it means loves less in this verse

if a man hateth not his mother or father he cannot be my disciple.

some stumble upon this and take it wrong. i didnt.

@the lords. the holy spirit does teach but its a good idea to attempt or have acess to the original words so that we can better see the thoughts conveyed. is it needed no.

case in point the kjv uses hate when in greek it means loves less in this verse

if a man hateth not his mother or father he cannot be my disciple.

some stumble upon this and take it wrong. i didnt.

Yes, I agree, I was merely stating that the Holy Spirit is the ultimate authority in the matters of the Word. The Holy Spirit has often prompted me to look at the original Hebrew/Greek during personal Bible studies. But even then I have to seek God's answer and understanding. The original texts are of vital importance. Speaking two languages, I sometimes cringe, when I hear some people translating. Sometimes things just sound more eloquent in the original language as well.

I was arguing that point with Arabic/Islam until Theo pointed it out to me in the context of Hebrew/Greek and the Bible and I understood MA's point then.

So yes I agree

There are many, many, many gods, but only one true God. We believe ours is the one true God.
You believe yours is the one true god. :shrug
Only one God exists. But you believe He, may He be exalted has begotten a son. I believe God is One, above His creations, Unique - none is like Him.

You need to tell your fellow Muslims this. They are going to hell by the droves.
Allah is the best of Judges. None of us is a perfect follower of Islam and so you shouldn't look to the actions of other people and judge Islam based on it. Do know that Islam is strongly against suicide. If needed, I can post you the many verses in the Qur'aan in addition to the Hadiths I posted.

Christians don't believe Adam was a prophet, or Lot, or Solomon etc. etc.
You claimed that Muslims don't believe in other Prophets than Muhammad (pbuh), which is not true. To be a Muslim requires one to believe in all of the Prophets (peace be upon them), including Jesus peace be upon him.

Last edited by a moderator:
But if they don't their credibility gets shot.
Seems like this point had been cleared in the thread.

The obstacle she is referring to is the 'works' of Islam. Allah only loves Muslims when they are obedient. Allah doesn't love anyone else. That's a big obstacle.
It is our choice whether to gather the love or hate of Allah.

That's all you'll ever be able to attain. Slave Master and Slave. Don't you ever want more?
The truth. I only want the truth, not that which appeals to my whims and desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one God exists. But you believe He, may He be exalted has begotten a son. I believe God is One, above His creations, Unique - none is like Him.

Christians believe God is one. Christianity is a monotheistic religion. There are many, many, many gods. Only one is the one true God. Again, you believe Allah is that one true god, and we believe the Lord YWHW is that one true God. No problem there. Among all the religions, you will never find a more UNIQUE God than the God of the Bible. No other god has said "Love your neighbor as yourself," no other god has said "Love your enemies," no other god came down to atone for the sins of His creation.

Allah is the best of Judges. None of us is a perfect follower of Islam and so you shouldn't look to the actions of other people and judge Islam based on it. Do know that Islam is strongly against suicide. If needed, I can post you the many verses in the Qur'aan in addition to the Hadiths I posted.

You're kind of contradicting yourself here. I don't know if you mean to or not. You stated that suicide is strictly against Islam. I state that "You need to tell your fellow muslims that [because they are becoming suicide bombers] and going to hell by the droves." Are you now saying that some suicide bombers will go to heaven? Because Allah is the best of judges?

You claimed that Muslims don't believe in other Prophets than Muhammad (pbuh), which is not true. To be a Muslim requires one to believe in all of the Prophets (peace be upon them), including Jesus peace be upon him.

No, I did not. You should go back and check what I said. I said "Christians do not believe Adam, Lot, Solomon were prophets."

Back