Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is This a Christian Position

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

abide

I have a Christian friend who owns apartments. He has made a decision not to rent his apartments to unmarried couples. I realise that we cannot force our morality on others. I am not sure if this is the Christian thing to do.

Your comments please.

I do not understand why the question is even asked?
Is fornication a sin? yes
Is it Christian to knowingly make a living off of another person sin?
I applaud his courage to take such a stand in this age...

I am sure lots of rebuttal will be coming ie: how about renting to divorced/remarried folks..etc.. Some where some one should take a stand about something....Again i applaud him for this action..

I think it's a good stand.

It would be illegal in most places though. I know in California, one cannot refuse to rent to couples, straight or gay, that are living together out of wedlock. I don't know the laws here in Idaho.

I have a Christian friend who owns apartments. He has made a decision not to rent his apartments to unmarried couples. I realise that we cannot force our morality on others. I am not sure if this is the Christian thing to do.

Your comments please.

I applaud your friend.

just because your not married doesnt atomically mean your having sex. does it increase the likelihood? for sure, but i know many couples that do not have sex and wont until marriage.

i guess it would be a good idea if it wasnt illegal, and it may not be in some states but if someone decided to sue they would more than likely win.

just because your not married doesnt atomically mean your having sex. does it increase the likelihood? for sure, but i know many couples that do not have sex and wont until marriage.

A romantically involved couple living together outside of marriage would put them in the near occasion of sin and under serious temptation. They're seriously playing with fire. Bad idea.

i guess it would be a good idea if it wasnt illegal, and it may not be in some states but if someone decided to sue they would more than likely win.

How many men and women could live together and resist the temptation to have sex?

If two people of the same sex wanted to rent an apartment, how would you know if they were just roommates or if they were a gay couple?

Personally I think I'd feel better not digging into what people are doing with their plumbing.

What about if it was a brother and sister?

How about if it was a man and woman who were cousins?

If two people of the same sex wanted to rent an apartment, how would you know if they were just roommates or if they were a gay couple?

Personally I think I'd feel better not digging into what people are doing with their plumbing.

What about if it was a brother and sister?

How about if it was a man and woman who were cousins?

I think it’s a matter of preference. I personally wouldn’t want a man and woman renting from me if they weren’t married.

As for two men renting from me, I would have no problem with that if the apartment had two beds.

I do not understand why the question is even asked?
Is fornication a sin? yes
Is it Christian to knowingly make a living off of another person sin?
I applaud his courage to take such a stand in this age...

I am sure lots of rebuttal will be coming ie: how about renting to divorced/remarried folks..etc.. Some where some one should take a stand about something....Again i applaud him for this action..

The first sounds like a church state issue! I agree with you. [On Open sin] The rope:chin will get even tighter before long.

On the next issue? not quite as open;)! There would need to be documented proof of guilt & even then there are many forms of adultery. And who knows what goes on in apartments??
What 'i' see our 'requirement' to be, is that of our own 'yoked' church household. As seen in Josh. 7...

[12] Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.
[13] Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

--Elijah

"He among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone"

Everyone lies right? So if you rent an apartment to anyone, technically you are profiting from a sinner. If all sin is the same, then all profit is equally as tainted.

I don't believe your friend should look into this as deeply as he is. He should leave the judging to God, not himself.

Yes we all sin and Christians a simple sinners saved by Grace....

I personally to not equate a planed sin in the same regard as (For lack of vocabulary) oops type sin.... Just my personal opinion... based on the laws of the OT

Please dont talk to me about not judging until allow your children to be cared for by the neighborhood child molester.

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Both verses are scripture one is not more or less scriptural than the other.

It's his property, he can rent it to whomever he chooses.

Morality aside, it's good business sense. People simply shacking up tend to break up far more often than married couples, necessitating a costly search for new tenants.

Yes we all sin and Christians a simple sinners saved by Grace....

I personally to not equate a planed sin in the same regard as (For lack of vocabulary) oops type sin.... Just my personal opinion... based on the laws of the OT

Please dont talk to me about not judging until allow your children to be cared for by the neighborhood child molester.

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Both verses are scripture one is not more or less scriptural than the other.

Again, I think I'll stick with Jesus on this one(referring to my quote). A christian who lies is not better than a christian who murders/molests/rapes. Human judgement is clouded by our own personal beliefs.

In the end, Darkhorse is right, it is the guys property after all. He can choose who he wants to live there.

Again, I think I'll stick with Jesus on this one(referring to my quote). A christian who lies is not better than a christian who murders/molests/rapes. Human judgement is clouded by our own personal beliefs.

In the end, Darkhorse is right, it is the guys property after all. He can choose who he wants to live there.

I am all for screening out murders/molesters/rapists and liars too.

Why stop there?
Why not prevent only baptised Roman Catholics?
Why not prevent only people who don't work on the Sabbath?
Why not turn away blacks or Jews?

I'm being serious. Where is line of absurdity draw here?
Why not just exclude everyone who isn't your faith?

I wouldn't say its a Christian issue. Just a personal issue on the matter. If the guy only wants to rent to married couples, he is free to limit his market as he sees fit. I know that if Tried getting an apartment and the landlord started probing me about my sex life or other personal affairs I would not want to rent from that gentleman or women, but for married couples that is their choice.

Im pretty sure you can not even ask a prospective tenant about marital status, religion, race or sexual orientation,,,,

I thought as Christians we were supposed to obey all laws

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back