Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is your spiritual condition compromised??.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Anaphora

Lot of denominations impede on people spirtual growth. Many Christian people are biblically illiterate. Hosea, were warned not to go to Beth Aven, it means house of emptiness. Traditions of men are taught in many churches. If the opposite sex desires friend ship that leads to a relationship. Would you compromise your values and beliefs?. If someone tried to lead you away from sound doctrine, would you give in?. I wouldn't compromise my values and beliefs. How strong is your devotion and faith in God?.

Lot of denominations impede on people spirtual growth. Many Christian people are biblically illiterate. Hosea, were warned not to go to Beth Aven, it means house of emptiness. Traditions of men are taught in many churches. If the opposite sex desires friend ship that leads to a relationship. Would you compromise your values and beliefs?. If someone tried to lead you away from sound doctrine, would you give in?. I wouldn't compromise my values and beliefs. How strong is your devotion and faith in God?.
Interesting question.
Have you ever been in love and have had to face this decision?
Or is it just a book-learning question?

I struggle with this everyday. My beliefs are often at odds with my faith and I'm not sure how to fix it. How can one simply unlearn ideological beliefs? It seems like an impossible task.

Most often, I feel like I'm waking a tight rope. Trying to keep my balance. On one hand are my beliefs. They are my core, those things I believed in for many years. They are me and they known only to me. In my other hand is this faith I've discovered. A new part of me. Somehow more genuine, more truthful, but also more foreign.

That is what my friends in the youth group never understood all those years ago. For them, it was all about the faith. Which is why we would get into arguments, and probably why I seemed somewhat aloof. They knew I wasn't presenting everything up front, and I think they became defensive because of it.

well, why would a significant other not respect your beliefs and boundaries?
i would consider them to be, call me dramatic- an agent of the devil, assuming that i hold the moral highground in this story. a partner should always respect you, and even support you. ask questions. why do they not support you in having your own beliefs? will they ever be ready to accept what you see as real?

Back