Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

islamic justice

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

mick75

This is a face of many devilish faces of islam , it's really not relegion
it's not more than brutal acts created by muhammad the liar prophet
_ child abuser - raper - thief - killer - ETC

All the saudi and Islamic schools should be closed every where or they
will transfere the culture of wicked islam to the world ..

HILLARY Clinton has condemned the sentencing of a Saudi rape victim to 200 lashes and rebuked the White House for its response to the incident.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 48,00.html
Clinton, who argues on the 2008 campaign trail that she has the foreign policy experience needed of a president, recalled how she had spoken out on human rights violations at a global conference on women in Beijing in 1995.

"The latest example is the punishment of 200 lashes that a Saudi Arabian court has given to a victim - the victim - of a gang rape."

"This is an outrage," Clinton said in a statement.

The Democratic front-runner accused the Bush administration of refusing to call for a reversal of the sentence, on the grounds that it was an internal Saudi decision.

Hillary what is the use of your state even the verdict will be cleard
if the same system continue ...UK & USA have strong ties with saudi
princes and with the royal familly ...

Another lie in the Election campaighn

Saudi Rape Victim Gets 200 Lashes
Spred this news to give the right stand against islamic laws

(CBS/AP) A Saudi court sentenced a woman who had been gang raped to six months in jail and 200 lashes - more than doubling her initial penalty for being in the car of a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The decision by the Qatif General Court came in a case that had sparked rare debate about the kingdom's justice system when it surfaced more than a year ago.

In its decision Wednesday, the court also roughly doubled prison sentences for the seven men convicted of raping the 19-year-old woman, the Arab News reported on its English-language Web site.

According to Arab News, the court said the woman's punishment was increased because of "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

The New York Times reported that her lawyer, Abdulrahman al-Lahem, is a well-known human rights activist who angered the court by publicly criticizing the verdict. He said the verdict was too lenient for the rapists and unjust for the victim.

The victim had initially been sentenced to 90 lashes after being convicting her of violating Saudi's rigid laws on segregation of the sexes.

Under Saudi Arabia's interpretation of Islamic Sharia law, women are not allowed in public in the company of men other than their male relatives.

The court also banned her lawyer from defending her, confiscated his license to practice law and summoned him to a disciplinary hearing later this month.

The initial sentences for the men convicted of the gang rape ranged from 10 months to five years in prison. Their new sentences range from two to nine years, the paper said.

The attack took place in 2006. The woman has said that it occurred as she tried to retrieve her picture from a male high school student she used to know. While in the car with the student, two men got into the vehicle and drove them to a secluded area. She said she was raped there by seven men, three of whom also attacked her friend.

Reports of the story triggered debate about Saudi Arabia's legal system, in which judges have wide discretion in punishing a criminal, rules of evidence are shaky and sometimes no defense lawyers are present. The result, critics say, are sentences left to the whim of judges.

The judges, appointed by the king, have a wide discretion in handing down sentences, often said to depend on their whim. A rapist, for instance, could receive anywhere from a light or no sentence, to death.

The woman was identified in the media only as the Girl from Qatif. The case was referred back to the General Court by an appeals court last summer, after her lawyer went public with his criticism of the verdict.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/ ... ME_3511560

Our system isn't perfect but it's the one we experience every day. We don't know oppression therefore we have this idea that the rest of the world should recognise the same freedoms we take for granted. They don't. Those countries don't live by the same system of freedom so when something like this is publicized we judge by what we're used to. And that system of freedom was bought at a price and is kept at a price. We don't like the price of freedom but the alternatives are much more costly.
We've grown so used to our justice that we feel it can never be taken from us. Complacency on our part and focus of self (live and let live for one example) rather than the general health of our nation jeopardizes the very freedoms we take for granted. I strongly believe JFK said it best when he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". Very wise words largely ignored.

I don't know how a anyone can express outrage about an incident across national borders and expect any change. Their laws are existential to the the belief of Islam. As a believer in Christ I follow only him. The country I live in doesn't and believe and I can't change that. The only way things ever change is by the heart. Too many people believe force is the answer. A man changed against his will still has the same opinion still. Jesus is the ultimate judge, I leave all things to him. I guess I am wondering what do people expect to happen? Forced freedom is never freedom at all. Show the light within and may Christ spread it around. Only to those who seek shall find, those who don't want to, won't. The depravity of man is all to apparent in Islam, their justice is all about fear mongering. The kind of fear that is presented is all about being scared to sin. Jesus saved us from our sin. I am in awe of our God that he would impute himself into our timeline to save us from our own depravity. My fear for the Almighty is that of pure awesomeness. To me Matt.10:16-42 summarizes my view of this.

Jesus Bless,

Come now Mick, I think you are being rather harsh. Many people have a very warped view on Islam; I like to view the religion as a group of people who are open to enlightenment by the Holy Ghost. They are already one step of the way, they just need convincing that it is impossible to please God by actions and that Jesus Christ is the atonement of our sins. Basically they're just Catholics who don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God; the teachings of Roman Catholicism and Islam are almost the same. They both believe in Purgatory, they believe that Mary should be held higher than other people (I would say they believe she should be worshiped but Islam believe in one true God), they believe that good works that please God will allow them into Paradise after death, the list goes on.

I think that people should, instead of shun them, try to understand them and see if their eyes' can be opened to the Truth - that Jesus Christ is Lord.

You are looking at Islam through western eyes and finding injustice. This would be indeed true if those who subscribe to Islam knew a better way.

Unfortunately for us they look at western society and see broken relationships, society being fragmented and licentious behavior. We are not giving them an alternative, so they retreat in the face of the threat that they perceive and return to the old tried and true ways. Can we really fault them for this?

If we truly look in the mirror they we see that they have much to fear from us. If we offered any moral superiority then, it would be harder for them to return to the past and the injustices that you highlight in Shariya law.

Once we allowed men to beat their wives keep them in line. We kept them from working so that women had little choice to live in relationships that were not working. This kept families together, but women and children paid the cost and men had concubines or went to prostitutes. What this proves is that our past is no better than theirs.

Our challenge is to offer a viable and wholesome alternative. John tells us to shun the world and its ways, but statistically we are little different or better than society at large. We cannot change Islam. We can only offer the world a better way.

To a Muslim, they see that American Christians brag that America is a Christian nation and that they are bringing democracy and freedom to the rest of the world. They are not stupid. They know that America has many children born out of wedlock and that few marriages survive. They read statistics about abortion rates and venereal disease. We cannot have it both ways. We want to be a bastion of morality to suit our political ends, but statistics show otherwise.

We need to clean our own house. We need to strengthen marriages and families. We need to be virtuous and ethical in our habits. Unfortunately we are not offering them anything to turn to. We can't do this by forcing Christian morality on society at large. We need to start in our churches and in walking the walk, instead of just talking the talk.

As long as the see western society as decadent and immoral they will return to what is most familiar and moral and we really have no right to point fingers.

Blessings,
Dunamite

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back