Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It canceled our legal liability to the Law of God !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
It canceled our legal liability to the Law of God !

Folks, at the Great White Throne, those who are going to hell to perish for their sins, is because of their sins against God's Law, for the strength of sin is the Law 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Col 2:14

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Paul here teaches that Christ by His Cross, has canceled His People's legal liability [God's Law] having erased the written code, with its regulations, that were against us, opposed to us, He took them away [Jn 1:29] nailing it to His Cross.

Now any teaching that states that in any way, that those whom Christ died for, that is His cross work on their behalf, that if any of them are legally condemned for their sins, that's a false teaching and opposes the work of Christ. Those who in light of such a scripture as this one Col 2:14, still believe that those whom Christ died for are still at any time in their lives condemned by God for their sins in the flesh, they are rejecting the clear implications of the Saving Work and Accomplishment of Christ, these will therefore by their profession become enemies to the cause of Christ.

Heb 5:9 Its a Saving Death

Heb 5:9

9 And being made perfect[Through His Death], he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

If we are obeying Christ, it is because He was the Author or source of our Salvation. That is obedience to the Faith is an and effect and fruit of His redeeming death Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous [or obedient].

Ps 22:30

30 A seed shall serve[be obedient to] him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation [see 1Pet 2:9a].54

9 But ye are a chosen generation,

Many have corrupted Heb 5:9 and turned it into a conditional saving, as to say if one obeys Christ then Christ will save them, but its actually the opposite, If Christ has saved us by the merits of His death, then obedience to Him will be effected..

So those not obeying Christ and His Gospel, then there really is no evidence or fruit that He died for them.

Now any teaching that states that in any way, that those whom Christ died for, that is His cross work on their behalf, that if any of them are legally condemned for their sins, that's a false teaching and opposes the work of Christ. Those who in light of such a scripture as this one Col 2:14, still believe that those whom Christ died for are still at any time in their lives condemned by God for their sins in the flesh, they are rejecting the clear implications of the Saving Work and Accomplishment of Christ, these will therefore by their profession become enemies to the cause of Christ.

First of all, Jesus died for the whole world.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

Any teaching that states or implies Jesus only died for some elite select group of people, such as the elect or His sheep, is a blatantly false teaching.

• Secondly, any teaching that implies, teaches or states that Chritians who live sinful lives of disobeying the commandments of Jesus Christ are still saved is nothing more that a doctrine of devils; a false teaching, a heresy.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

We as Christians do not teach people to walk in disobedience to God or His commandments.

At the same time we as Christians don’t condemn or judge people who are caught up in sin, but rather we gently encourage and pray for them, and help them to turn to God to find grace and strength to away from sinful behavior.

JLB

Many have corrupted Heb 5:9 and turned it into a conditional saving, as to say if one obeys Christ then Christ will save them, but its actually the opposite, If Christ has saved us by the merits of His death, then obedience to Him will be effected..

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Only those who obey the Lord will receive eternal salvation.

• He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

JLB

First of all, Jesus died for the whole world.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

Any teaching that states or implies Jesus only died for some elite select group of people, such as the elect or His sheep, is a blatantly false teaching.

• Secondly, any teaching that implies, teaches or states that Chritians who live sinful lives of disobeying the commandments of Jesus Christ are still saved is nothing more that a doctrine of devils; a false teaching, a heresy.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

We as Christians do not teach people to walk in disobedience to God or His commandments.

At the same time we as Christians don’t condemn or judge people who are caught up in sin, but rather we gently encourage and pray for them, and help them to turn to God to find grace and strength to away from sinful behavior.

JLB
So you dont agree and do believe people Christ died for go to hell for their sins He already died for !

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Only those who obey the Lord will receive eternal salvation.

• He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

JLB
You dont get it, they obey Him because He died for them and authored their salvation !

I am locking this thread per the false teachings of brightfame52 Calvinistic teaching of God's predestined elect.
JLB if feel I am wrong in locking this please feel free to reopen it.

Back