Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It Doesn't Make Sense

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
So I was sitting and thinking about how the Lord always says the right thing at the right moment. And His answers always seem to answer the original question and what would have been the next three questions. So I stand in awe of God's infinite wisdom. I realize that He is always listening, and always concerned and interested. And to everyone at once. There's a lot of people on the globe.

What kind of an awesome being could do such a thing?! That's my God. And who in their right mind could ever aspire to be as great as Him or better?! It seems obvious, no one. And yet, there is one. Lucifer. How could he make such an idiotic move that he did? That's what don't make sense.

Lucifer's eyes were open when he fell. We see through a glass darkly and can already see...you do not test, GOD. We fear God. And for good reason but what makes us smarter than Lucifer? It don't compute, lol.

Why does anyone make idiotic moves like Lucifer did who at one time was God's anointed cherub that was perfect in all his ways as God set him upon His holy mountain and gave him the pleasures in the garden of Eden, Ezekiel 28:13-19. This angel had it all, but pride entered and greed took him over as his evil ways entered into the hearts of men as we see in these verses in 2 Timothy.

2Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Now, what makes us smarter than Lucifer is that we know the truth of God's word and that our treasures are stored up in heaven.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Now, what makes us smarter than Lucifer is that we know the truth of God's word and that our treasures are stored up in heaven.

But Lucifer does know the truth of God's word also. How could he not, he came from heaven and has seen even more than any of us so far? He decided to himself to start lying and became the father of lies. But he certainly knows the truth. All of them do.

Matthew 8:29
29 And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”.../

See? They all know who wins. So how could they (being higher beings) than us (right now)...do something so idiotic?
It don't make sense.

So I was sitting and thinking about how the Lord always says the right thing at the right moment. And His answers always seem to answer the original question and what would have been the next three questions. So I stand in awe of God's infinite wisdom. I realize that He is always listening, and always concerned and interested. And to everyone at once. There's a lot of people on the globe.

What kind of an awesome being could do such a thing?! That's my God. And who in their right mind could ever aspire to be as great as Him or better?! It seems obvious, no one. And yet, there is one. Lucifer. How could he make such an idiotic move that he did? That's what don't make sense.

Lucifer's eyes were open when he fell. We see through a glass darkly and can already see...you do not test, GOD. We fear God. And for good reason but what makes us smarter than Lucifer? It don't compute, lol.

I don't believe we are smarter than satan/lucifer. I believe he is far more intelligent then any man, save for the Man Jesus Christ.

It is not that we are smarter so we don't rebel against God. Being smarter is only good for today. It is that we are of God. We are children and sons of God. We are naturally drawn to our Father as those not of God are drawn away from Him.

I have asked a similar question before. Adam and Eve were without sin and perfect and in the presence of the Lord in a perfect evironment, yet fell. satan was the highest creature of all, and perfect, yet fell. So...what makes one think that we cannot fall once we are in Heaven? Can we or not?

I will say, so as not to trouble anyone, make no mistake, in Heaven we cannot fall. But the question is valid. Why?

Quantrill

But Lucifer does know the truth of God's word also. How could he not, he came from heaven and has seen even more than any of us so far? He decided to himself to start lying and became the father of lies. But he certainly knows the truth. All of them do.

Matthew 8:29
29 And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”.../

See? They all know who wins. So how could they (being higher beings) than us (right now)...do something so idiotic?
It don't make sense.
It truly doesn't make any sense how one of God's created angels who was in God's glorious presence all the time and being an anointed cherub set in the beautiful garden of Eden would rebel against God in such a way. He should have known it was not going to go well for him in the end.

Lucifer had a very different view to what was going on in the world . A view we have never had . One thing we share with Lucifer is freewill .
I have asked a similar question before. Adam and Eve were without sin and perfect and in the presence of the Lord in a perfect evironment, yet fell. satan was the highest creature of all, and perfect, yet fell. So...what makes one think that we cannot fall once we are in Heaven? Can we or not?

We will have NO desire for the things of the fallen nature . But why not ?

1 Corinthians 2:9​

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

Paul also had a special insight to what he wrote above by what is said here .

2 Corinthians 12​
1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Once while I was praying The Holy Spirit touched me in such a way that I have partial knowledge of what Paul is saying . I am still trying to understand why .

Why did Paul say "as it is written " ?

King James Bible
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

And who in their right mind could ever aspire to be as great as Him or better?! It seems obvious, no one. And yet, there is one. Lucifer. How could he make such an idiotic move that he did? That's what don't make sense.

Glory. He was described in scripture (by way of comparison) to an anointed cherub covering the throne of God, and thus he was filled with and covered in the glory of the throne room. Apparently so much of God's glory rested upon him that it went to his head, he became filled with pride, and then even dared to rebel against the Lord Almighty.

It has a parallel in what can happen to the Lord's servants when the glory of God comes upon them. When Paul and Barnabas healed a man in Lystra, the people there started shouting they were "gods" manifesting themselves among them:

8 And in Lystra a certain man without strength in his feet was sitting, a cripple from his mother’s womb, who had never walked. 9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, 10 said with a loud voice, “Stand up straight on your feet!” And he leaped and walked. 11 Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!” 12 And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. 13 Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes. (Acts 14:8-13)

This is the temptation Satan now tries to lure human beings in with, when the glory and power of God comes upon them to heal the seek, raise the dead, and move in other supernatural gifts. But true servants of God know the glory is never theirs but His, and this is the mistake Lucifer made. He failed to remember that he was nothing in himself, and it is said that every day his glory grows weaker and weaker still. It's a sad testimony to the foolishness of pride.

Lucifer had a very different view to what was going on in the world . A view we have never had . One thing we share with Lucifer is freewill .

We will have NO desire for the things of the fallen nature . But why not ?

1 Corinthians 2:9​

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

Paul also had a special insight to what he wrote above by what is said here .

2 Corinthians 12​
1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Once while I was praying The Holy Spirit touched me in such a way that I have partial knowledge of what Paul is saying . I am still trying to understand why .

Why did Paul say "as it is written " ?

King James Bible
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

I agree. We will not have a fallen nature. But neither did satan or Adam and Eve at one time.

So, where is our assurance of never falling as they did?

Quantrill

It doesn't make sense...

You know what doesn't make sense to me? Why can't God keep me from making so many typos.

I think there needs to be a five minute delay before posts actually appear in public. That will give me enough time to get my typo train wrecks in order before they go off the cliff.

trainwreck.gif

I would like to answer my question in post #(8) as to where is our assurance that we cannot fall in Heaven.

Our assurance is that we are 'in Christ'. We are only there because of Jesus Christ being there. We are only there because of the work of Jesus Christ. We are not there due to any work of ours. We will never be there, throughout eternity, due to any work of ours.

Our assurance is that we will always and forever be clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Not ours. Always and forever we will be a picture of grace. Saved sinners. Neither satan or Adam and Eve were in such a position at the time of their fall.

Quantrill

Our assurance is that we are 'in Christ'. We are only there because of Jesus Christ being there. We are only there because of the work of Jesus Christ. We are not there due to any work of ours. We will never be there, throughout eternity, due to any work of ours.

Well said! We are all His work so we best be being all we can be by obeying.

wow say that 3 times fast, lol.

Well said! We are all His work so we best be being all we can be by obeying.

wow say that 3 times fast, lol.

Obedience of works, here, certainly has its benefits. It just doesn't change the benefit of our faith.

Our good works add nothing to why we are in Heaven with Christ for eternity. Our sins and failures take away nothing as to why we are in Heaven with Christ for eternity.

Quantrill

Back