Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

It's not long before the persecution starts

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not ignoring you. Late here. Tomorrow.
Quick: why should the govt have ANY say in marriage?
God invented marriage, not the govt.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the
oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you
are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."
--Bishop Desmond Tutu

Government hasn't always had a say in marriage.

The History of Marriage Licenses
by Cynthia Clark

Jason!
Are you serious?
I wish I was at my computer.
So do you think it's OK for atheists to oppress you and make fun of your religion?
Will you be able to keep your little girl from watching damaging TV shows or movies??
Please consider what you're saying.
I find this so funny considering how many Christians blame secular parents for LETTING their children do things that corrupt their little minds and then turn right around and excuse themselves by blaming secular TV rather than taking responsibility for what their children watch.

We're being persecuted because we're too quiet and we're trampled upon.
I don't see Muslims being spoken of badly in movies ( for instance) .
They'd never stand for it.

W

Not only are Christians too quiet many are not willing to suffer. Many believe in the "entitlement theory"
where they believe that since they are Christians they will not have to suffer. Many in the Western world have allowed the materialism and the things of the world to become an idol. They are unwilling to part with their things. They cannot envisage living without these. I believe we must ask ourselves. What am I willing to forsake to follow Jesus. Times are going to get worse, and that is where real faith comes in.
We have to trust in God and God alone. Today many Christians want instant prayers to everything, they don't want to wait and trust God. The new technological age has caused many of us to think in a kind of instant mindset. We can get an email, text etc. I think when we look at what others are experiencing we would be able to recognise that they do not have anything to hold on to but God. We have become too comfortable. I have often asked myself what would I do if I had to be in the position of those early martyrs.
William Tyndale was a man who sacrificed his life in order that ordinary people would be able to get access to the word of God. History can teach us a lot. None of us knows what we may be called upon to suffer.
Hopefully we can say like the Apostle Paul It is better to obey God rather than man. Making this statement is easier said than done.
William Tyndale - Greatsite.com
Persecution in the Early Church

YOU won't take your child to a movie you do not approve.
However, one day she'll go with her own two feet.
You'll think differently then...
You'll care about WHAT movies are made, but you won't have any power over it.
Only the Lord can stop evil in the world, so one must raise their children to choose wisely when they come of age.

It's hard on my brother who raised his oldest to know better go out and use pot and have a child out of wedlock.
Yes, I'm sure it is. But most of us made mistakes when we were young. Hopefully the fool hardy young learn from theirs and repent. Hopefully others will show them mercy and grace, just as the Lord has shown us.

"If [following Jesus Christ] doesn't cost you anything, it's because you've bought into 'American Christianity.'" - Paul Washer

Paul Washer saw the coming persecution.....
Great video. And the voice of truth.

79a2741b5637a5ac46b0ce12eecb6d85.jpg

Yes, that is my post. It all originated as far as my remarks on those particular points in #48 with post #26.
My post #24 and the response I received in post 26 is what my question was about. Not persecution in other countries, etc. It was specific to prayer and Christian kids in the school environment. I did not get an example of how they are being persecuted by any legal means at all.

No, but I think they think that Christians are responsible for energizing and pushing his agenda.
Being social media is a popular tool used by candidates in this election and from both sides of the aisle, they could get that idea from the Facebook page, Christians For Trump.

All candidates had communities of people organizing to energize and push for their candidate of choice. In the end I would expect that didn't change between those energizing and pushing for either Trump or Hillary.

My post #24 and the response I received in post 26 is what my question was about. Not persecution in other countries, etc. It was specific to prayer and Christian kids in the school environment. I did not get an example of how they are being persecuted by any legal means at all.
Are you of the mind that persecution is only through legal means?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back