Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

I've been prophesied to... Now what?

AlanR

In a recent church service I was prophesied to by the pastor. The topic of the service was neither prophecy or anything related to it, but when he confronted me he told me "God has big plans for you and hundreds will see it." Heart touching to say the least! But now I'm in the state of, what now? That's amazing to hear, but what am I going to do? How will I know, when will I know?
I have always had the desire and curiosity of serving internationally with missions and such. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a combination of talents God has given me and what my heart feels. I guess I really don't know. Is there something I should be doing besides praying without ceasing?

Hello!!

I have experienced something similar, all I know to say is keep your relationship strong by praying, fading the bible, and showing your love! If it's his will, it will happen!

If you want to impact Hundreds, start today! Read you Bible, seek regular guidance from a mentor, and find out what ministries truly get you going.

Same thing happend to me years ago. I doubted it then and the more I studied the Bible the more I came to understand they were false teachers. John said to try the spirits, I Jn.4:1.

How can you Determine that? I was pulled out of a crowd of 50 and told that I have gifts of a pastor and could be a youth pastor(or something like that) the same month I was juggling the idea. So hard to tell :sad

How can you Determine that? I was pulled out of a crowd of 50 and told that I have gifts of a pastor and could be a youth pastor(or something like that) the same month I was juggling the idea. So hard to tell :sad
Dont get me wrong J but let me put a question to you.

Is there any reason a speaker looking over your crowd of 50 wouldnt think you might aspire to to a Pastorate ?

Is there anything in this prophecy that you had some desire to hear?

If your game Im also curious wrt your relationship and your church's relationship to the speaker.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Stay in the Word any "word" from God will be verified through Scripture.

Hmmm he was a missionary from some country. That has preached as a guest before. I am completely fine with anything or questions about it do feel free.

I just felt it was real because I had been praying about that and thinking, what is my purpose in life before then.

Hmmm he was a missionary from some country. That has preached as a guest before. I am completely fine with anything or questions about it do feel free.

I just felt it was real because I had been praying about that and thinking, what is my purpose in life before then.
Two things make me wonder.

Here you are , young man at the church, mid week? to hear a missionary speaker; , chances are much better than average you would have some vocational aspirations.

Much more important though, this seems like a function your own Pastor should handle.

I honestly think all this is possible. God doesn't change right? So why would he act any differnt or do differnt things than the God we read about in the Bible.

AlanR, try asking God what he wants you to do. I know this may sound crazy but I think he will answer you in his own special-cool-God way.

Jman96 and Hitch,
I think what is going on with Jman is competly possible. There is a pastor at my church and when he was at a camp many years ago some random conselor came up to him and said that God had plans for him and that God wnated him to go in to ministry and it was obvious that it came true because he was standing up ther speaking in front of us. So Jman96 I say go for it!

He must have been the devil's prophet for there are NO "youth pastors" found in the NT. Just another human addition to God's word. No wonder we have so much division and confusion.

This could be confirmation on your desire to be in international missions. If this is what you truly want to pursue then God will open that door of opportunity to you and maybe you need to talk to your pastor about missions whether it be abroad or just in your own back yard.

Thanks for the input guys, months before this happened I had been asking myself and praying for what my future may hold. Having this happen was like a re-confirmation of sorts. It was very gratifying to know that God does have a plan for me. There were some days I wondered...

In a recent church service I was prophesied to by the pastor. The topic of the service was neither prophecy or anything related to it, but when he confronted me he told me "God has big plans for you and hundreds will see it." Heart touching to say the least! But now I'm in the state of, what now? That's amazing to hear, but what am I going to do? How will I know, when will I know?
I have always had the desire and curiosity of serving internationally with missions and such. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a combination of talents God has given me and what my heart feels. I guess I really don't know. Is there something I should be doing besides praying without ceasing?

It's good to stick with the Bible's promises.

He must have been the devil's prophet for there are NO "youth pastors" found in the NT. Just another human addition to God's word. No wonder we have so much division and confusion.

You have a problem with youths ? :shame

Wasn't Timothy a youth ?

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

forget it....if the man is a prophet it will happen and if it doesn't he is a false prophet...don't blame God if you buy a one way ticket to deepest Africa and find its not for you

This is not a positive way of looking at it.

IMO anyone who has had their experience should pray about it and talk it over with a pastor, get involved then later if they choose they can go into the missions field.

This is not a positive way of looking at it.

IMO anyone who has had their experience should pray about it and talk it over with a pastor, get involved then later if they choose they can go into the missions field.
:thumbsup

Praying without ceasing and loving your neighbor as yourself ought to get you to where you are going.

Back