Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Corn Pop

How ridiculous is that. Why would anyone want to fight a old retired boxer?. In my opinion its just embassasing and highly disrespectful.

In Mike Tysons prime he would eat Jake Paul alive he was such a animal, yet a young fit good boxer in his prime wants to now fight a old retired man?. Why?.

If the fight goes ahead i think Tyson will put him to sleep and teach him a lesson. I guess Tyson has time to train and get back in shape. And hes only 57, the prime age to teach them younger boys a lesson.

I find it disrepectful to call out a old retired man. I think its weak. Even a win, how could someone be proud to saythey beat a old retired boxer.

Last edited:
Tyson has always trained everyday and has never stopped training even in retirement, he might be 57 and retired but hes still fit and ruthless.

Last edited:
Hey All,
I watched Mike throughout his career, and he is probably the third best boxer I have ever seen. In the heavyweights there's Ali, and then everyone else. Sugar Ray Leonard was pound per pound, the second best fighter. He held World Titles in five different weight classes.

Then there is Mike; Mike was built like a rock. But his style was exposed during a win by decision match against James"Bonecrusher" Smith. Smith had a decent jab. He used it to keep Tyson away. When Tyson would try to get close Smith would tie him up, taking away Tyson's ability to use his power. Tyson was 33-0 when he fought and lost to James "Buster" e has Douglas who also had a decent jab, and decent power in his right hand. But that was then.

Mike is nowhere near as fast as he used to be no matter how hard he's trained. I watched George Foreman at 50. He was so much slower. Speed is part of what determines punch effectiveness.
Trust me, I enjoy watching Mike again. And I know almost nothing of who this Logan guy is. But nobody beats the clock. I just hope Mike doesn't get hurt.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
I watched Mike throughout his career, and he is probably the third best boxer I have ever seen. In the heavyweights there's Ali, and then everyone else. Sugar Ray Leonard was pound per pound, the second best fighter. He held World Titles in five different weight classes.

Then there is Mike; Mike was built like a rock. But his style was exposed during a win by decision match against James"Bonecrusher" Smith. Smith had a decent jab. He used it to keep Tyson away. When Tyson would try to get close Smith would tie him up, taking away Tyson's ability to use his power. Tyson was 33-0 when he fought and lost to James "Buster" e has Douglas who also had a decent jab, and decent power in his right hand. But that was then.

Mike is nowhere near as fast as he used to be no matter how hard he's trained. I watched George Foreman at 50. He was so much slower. Speed is part of what determines punch effectiveness.
Trust me, I enjoy watching Mike again. And I know almost nothing of who this Logan guy is. But nobody beats the clock. I just hope Mike doesn't get hurt.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I said Logan. But I meant Jake. Sorry about that.

Taz

It'll be interesting to see. I think Mike can still go.
He likely isn't a chump but at his Age versus a well trained fighter age is a factor .I speak as one who has some training.theres reason some boxers retire .

Many will say because of speed etc .

There is well known kickboxer in lake Worth that my uncle knows.mom knows them .I will ask they go back before Tyson .one came back to train fighters for MMA. They said age is why .

That name brought back memories of my great aunt and grandfather saying their names when talking to Jack .

He likely isn't a chump but at his Age versus a well trained fighter age is a factor .I speak as one who has some training.theres reason some boxers retire .

Many will say because of speed etc .

There is well known kickboxer in lake Worth that my uncle knows.mom knows them .I will ask they go back before Tyson .one came back to train fighters for MMA. They said age is why .

Tyson is still fit, and hes still got speed and power, and hes experienced. I think he had a fight only a few years ago.

Last edited:
Tyson is still fit, and hes still got speed and power, and hes experienced. I think he had a fight only a few years ago.
At 57 . As stated foreman fought at his fifties .look at george when he defeated mohammed ali versus how he fights in his fifties .

I was doing MMA and the coach didn't know foreman was that old and watched the old fights and said wow he was a lot faster in his youth.he praised his older method as he wore on his opponents by slow and steady versus his youth way of speed creating openings and knock outs
Two very different styles

At 57 . As stated foreman fought at his fifties .look at george when he defeated mohammed ali versus how he fights in his fifties .

I was doing MMA and the coach didn't know foreman was that old and watched the old fights and said wow he was a lot faster in his youth.he praised his older method as he wore on his opponents by slow and steady versus his youth way of speed creating openings and knock outs
You also have to consider that Tyson is in better shape than Foreman was in his 50's.

Hey All,
Foreman never beat Ali. Foreman beat Joe Frasier to become the heavyweight champ.
That was a brutal fight with Foreman knocking down Frasier 5-6 times in two rounds.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

You also have to consider that Tyson is in better shape than Foreman was in his 50's.

Compared to a younger man ?
Hey All,
Foreman never beat Ali. Foreman beat Joe Frasier to become the heavyweight champ.
That was a brutal fight with Foreman knocking down Frasier 5-6 times in two rounds.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I looked it up ,yes that is correct .

Hey All,
I'm tellin ya. It's all about the speed. And even when Mike was in his prime, he had a problem ducking and dodging a decent jab. Now he won't have the ability to duck and dodge quickly enough. Ali was 38 when he fought Larry Holmes. When Ali quit in the 10th round, I remember that they looked at the score cards of the judges. Ali had not won a round on any of them. A fighter will never admit that they are done. And that is how someone gets seriously hurt, or dies in the ring.

Keep walking everybody.
May god bless,
Taz

The age old statement completely applies to Jake Paul in this situation. If he wins, he beat up an old man (lose), if he loses he got his butt kicked by an old man (lose).

This is nothing but a lose-lose situation for Jake Paul, but a complete win-win situation for Tyson.

Compared to a younger man ?
No.

The age old statement completely applies to Jake Paul in this situation. If he wins, he beat up an old man (lose), if he loses he got his butt kicked by an old man (lose).

This is nothing but a lose-lose situation for Jake Paul, but a complete win-win situation for Tyson.
Correct. I'm sure that's why Tyson agreed to it.

My old karate instructor fought once and had this to say .not at his age again .he wasn't a chump at all . He is known to be athletic.

I mean people fight because they need the money, i mean know one takes a beating and the possiblity of getting knocked out just for fun, its always for the money, yet both dont need the money. Is it going to be a real fight or not, who knows.

It all seems a bit ridiculous. Why would Tyson want to risk losing and taking hits when can just retire, hes done, and he left as a legend, and hes all good, and why would Jake want to fight a old retired boxer, its nothing to be proud of if he did kock out a old retired boxer. Dont make sense.

Real fight or exhibition.

Last edited:
Back