Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus' death accomplished:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Highway54

By maintaining his integrity till he died, Jesus accomplished a number of things. First, he proved satan a liar. Jesus showed that a perfect human could keep perfect integrity in spite of all that satan could do.

Second, Jesus gave his life as a ransom. His sacrificial death made it possible for imperfect humans to have a righteous standing with God, and it gave them the prospect of living forever.

Third, Jesus upheld the righteousness of Jehovah’s sovereignty and cleared his Father’s name of reproach.

Context
Jesus the Good Shepherd
…17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

Context
Jesus the Good Shepherd
…17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”
Jesus gave his life as a ransom. His sacrificial death made it possible for imperfect humans to have a righteous standing with God, and it gave them the prospect of living forever.

You think listening to the Spirit is subjective?
That is why others with no teacher of truth, or poor teachers,
did not know
the simple Scripture Truth that no one could take Jesus' Life.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Jesus love for us is unconditional in that the greatest commandment is to love. If we obey God's commandments, which are not difficult, then we remain evermore in His love for us.

So there is no sacrifice for sins according to you?
Your reply here, as elsewhere, makes no sense at all,
just as if you learnt from someone somewhere some teachings that are false,

and did not read the Bible yourself or ask God for understanding.
The point is not about you - how good or how bad your thoughts are ,
but about the false teachings posted by many on this forum.

Your reply here, as elsewhere, makes no sense at all,
just as if you learnt from someone somewhere some teachings that are false,

and did not read the Bible yourself or ask God for understanding.
The point is not about you - how good or how bad your thoughts are ,
but about the false teachings posted by many on this forum.
I think it was a pretty straight forward question. If you don't want to answer it then fine. No need to take jabs at everyone in the process of declining.

Context
Jesus the Good Shepherd

Context
Jesus the Good Shepherd

That is why others with no teacher of truth, or poor teachers,
did not know
the simple Scripture Truth that no one could take Jesus' Life.
Christ allowed his Father take his life being made a curse for us from Galatians 3:13. Please see Matthew 27:46, Romans 8:32 and Isaiah 53:4 for more details. If Christ is the perfect sacrifice someone else did the sacrificing.

I think it was a pretty straight forward question. If you don't want to answer it then fine. No need to take jabs at everyone in the process of declining.
No one could TAKE Jesus' life.
He gave it willingly.

John 10:18
No one takes it away from me; I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to take it back.

Christ allowed his Father take his life being made a curse for us from Galatians 3:13. Please see Matthew 27:46, Romans 8:32 and Isaiah 53:4 for more details. If Christ is the perfect sacrifice someone else did the sacrificing.
What do you mean by your last sentence?

He gave it willingly.

No one takes it away from me; I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to take it back.
Jesus was referring to his ability to obey God or not, not that he was immortal, unable to die, or be killed.

Acts 3​
15You killed the Author of life, but God raised Him from the dead, and we are witnesses of the fact.​
Acts 5​
30The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had killed by hanging Him on a tree​
Luke 9​
22“The Son of Man must suffer many things,” He said. “He must be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”​

He gave it willingly.

SHALOM SHALOM ! Perfect Perfect ! Peace Peace !

Why did no one else yet, a couple I asked directly, know this ?
Was it because their 'teachers' were ignorant of this ?

If Christ Jesus was not God, and if Jesus was not perfect sacrifice,
then our lives are doomed.

I don't have a clue what "more details" you want known.

You misread my post friend. Of course, I agree that Christ is the perfect sacrifice, whose blood shed for our sins opens up the way to the holy of holies for us. Of course, Jesus Christ is God. However, Christ allowed the Father to take his life though as Romans 8:32 and Isaiah 53:4 specifies (which you call details). If Christ did not agree that his life be taken, then his Father would not have taken Christ's life and then we would all be doomed.

You quote John 10:18 ending in "...this charge I have received of my Father." It all ties together with what I said in the previous paragraph.

Better Clarity
Amplified Bible
And Jesus cried out again with a loud [agonized] voice, and gave up His spirit [voluntarily, sovereignly dismissing and releasing His spirit from His body in submission to His Father’s plan].

The hypostatic union can't help on this one. If Jesus is God and God can't die then there is no sacrifice. The Bible says Jesus is a man who was put to death by people.

This is what the church believes:

Acts 2
22Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. 23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back