Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus is willing for some to perish !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
faith says:

Savedbygrace, how do you deny the validity of these scriptures?

I dont deny them, but how do you deny the validity of the scriptures I shared ? :yes

researcher said:
Not necessarily all of them were the devils children, some of them were the Sons of God in their unconverted state, for they were converted on the day of pentecost acts 2:

True. Some of them did convert! :biggrin

Yes, those of the election of grace, as paul was, those foreknown by God..

savedbygrace57 said:
faith says:

Savedbygrace, how do you deny the validity of these scriptures?

I dont deny them, but how do you deny the validity of the scriptures I shared ? :yes

I don't deny the ones you have shared. I just think you are misinterpreting them. Somewhere, maybe in one of the Timothy's I think, it says the Lord knows who are His. I believe Jesus knew the hardness of their hearts and that they would not repent so he didn't preach repentance to them. He wills that all be saved, but he knows who will accept the message and who won't.

Again, I would just like to say that I don't believe God desires that any go to hell (2 Peter 3:9), BUT God's GREATER desire is that He only save SOME, and not ALL. Just because God doesn't desire men to go to hell doesn't mean THAT desire overrides His STRONGER desires (to only save some).

toddm said:
Again, I would just like to say that I don't believe God desires that any go to hell (2 Peter 3:9), BUT God's GREATER desire is that He only save SOME, and not ALL. Just because God doesn't desire men to go to hell doesn't mean THAT desire overrides His STRONGER desires (to only save some).

Where does 2 Peter 3:9 mention hell? It speaks of 'perishing'. There is an appointed time (the day of the Lord) in which everything will be destroyed by fire - but I don't see this equating to hell.

Savedbygrace,

Have you not heard a word I have said? Jesus knew the hardness of their hearts. He knew they would not repent; therefore, he did not preach repentence to them. I guess I can kind of see your point though. Being the righteous judge, He condemned them. But personally, I feel that in His heart He would RATHER them be saved than not; however, He knew it was too late for them and so He passed judgement on them.

faithtransforms said:
Savedbygrace,

Have you not heard a word I have said? Jesus knew the hardness of their hearts. He knew they would not repent; therefore, he did not preach repentence to them. I guess I can kind of see your point though. Being the righteous judge, He condemned them. But personally, I feel that in His heart He would RATHER them be saved than not; however, He knew it was too late for them and so He passed judgement on them.

Perhaps this scripture needs consideration:

John 3:17,18 - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

mutzrein said:
faithtransforms said:
Savedbygrace,

Perhaps this scripture needs consideration:

John 3:17,18 - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

This passage refers to the world of the elect..thats the world He came not to condemn, because their sins had been laid to His charge..the church..both jew and gentile elect..

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back