Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Jesus Loves All Equally?

Accuse us of what?

SIN

It's what it is all about. Satan accuses us day and night. We saw that in Job and in Revelations we found out he never stopped accusing us. If we slander Satan, Satan turns around and tells God "Look what your servant did."

Satan tests us all the time. Most people don't realize they are surrounded by demons and being tested because they don't fully believe God.

In fact, it happens to me all the time. I get caught up in the moment and forget demons are testing me. Without knowing that context of our situations, we can easily fall into error.

We have to be careful when talking about Satan. Satan tries to get us to act like him, start accusing and slandering etc etc..... So that he can accuse us in front of God.

Do you not see yourself ? You speak more of satan then any one else here...Young man curb your passion with some wisdom....

Mathew 15:22 A Gentile woman who lived there came to him pleading. "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! For my daughter is possessed by a demon that torments her severely." But Jesus gave her no reply, not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. "Tell her to go away." they said. "She is bothering us with all her begging." Then Jesus said "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep-the people of Israel." then it goes on and her daughter gets healed after showing her faith. Jesus healed many others without the need for begging.

My question is how many other Gentiles asked for Jesus' help and were denied because he was only sent to help the people of Israel? Is this just a parable saying we need faith or did things like this really happen?

I believe here , we have a case if divine instruction. Jesus is teaching that His ministry is to start with the "House of Israel" and eventually, will proceed to the Gentiles. This was probably a true story. I believe that Jesus refused at first to impress upon His disciples that faith sometimes has to be tested. First, was it Jesus' will to heal her daughter? The answer is yes, because His Name is Jehovah Rapha, God our physician. Was it time for her healing? I have a question about that because Jesus' ministry was to Israel, not to Gentiles. Did He heal the daughter? Yes. To show that He would have mercy on the Gentiles. I believe that this account was all about faith. It was a lesson on faith. The only reason that Gentiles would be denied was that Jesus traveled in Jewish territory.

1) the Lord does hate some.
2) hate is not involved in judgement. You can judge right with no hate.
3) gentile, jewelry no matter. God is no respected of persons.
4) Jesus needed the women to show where faith was at. She could have walked away offended. Jesus wanted the right to help her, as in his own home town he could hardly help anyone.

Blessings

1) the Lord does hate some.
2) hate is not involved in judgement. You can judge right with no hate.
3) gentile, jewelry no matter. God is no respected of persons.
4) Jesus needed the women to show where faith was at. She could have walked away offended. Jesus wanted the right to help her, as in his own home town he could hardly help anyone.

Blessings
I like what you have said here.
What do you think about how the disciples responded when they heard her? I'm thinking this was a learning experience for them.
Also, it sound to me like this woman makes her argument with confidence and this pleases the Lord and He responds saying that she has faith. She just kept pressing in.

Yep. even the dogs get crumbs from the masters table. Jesus said great is your faith be it done as YOU will. This women taught her whole life that she was outside that covenant of israel, so Jesus used that to find out what SHE believed about him. He needed that to have a right to help. Its not about the lords ability. its about who we say and think about him.

The centurion was not part of israel, so we know jesus did want to help that women. Jesus wanted to personally go to help the servant, but what the centurion say... the faith is amazing. no Lord i know authority when i see. I tell this one to come and he comes, this one to go and he goes. You just speak the word only and my servant SHALL be healed. praise God.

Jesus hearing what was told to jarius. "thy daughter is dead" came back saying fear not, only belive.

Jesus ministers to us to recieve of him.

what we believe is important. Jesus saying to one. "do you believe i can do this?"

its what we believe about him. will he heal us? is it his will? Thats what jesus found out about the women, because she said even dogs get the crumbs from the table

verse 25 "But she came and worshiped him pleading again, Lord help me! Jesus responded, it isn't right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs."
food being his guidance and healing "from the children" ( Gods chosen people/children ) "and throw it to the dogs". The dogs being the Gentiles.

At least that's what I got out of this when I read it last night. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

The good news is that the children as described in Rev are those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and obey His commands. Jesus showed the greatest love by laying down His life so that many can live by Him. God works for the good of those that love Him.

In every case in the NT that one humbled themselves before the Lord with faith they received a favorable reply. Even a roman soldier.

Yes I know he helped her but my point is it took a lot of begging. When Jesus was going around helping God's chosen people left and right. It just didn't seem fair when I read it. Why should someone need to beg more than another? We're all God's creation aren't we?
"I was sent only to help God's lost sheep-the people of Israel."

Romans 9:6-7 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Why Isaac? Because Isaac was the realization of the promise to Abraham. Now then, that an election may stand, the promise came through Jacob, not Esau. Jacob overcame his striving with man and with God, which is what the name Israel means.

This brings us back to your question. Did God help this woman? Yes he did. And who was Jesus sent to help? The lost sheep of "Israel". aka, those who strive with man and God. Why did Jesus cause her to beg? Perhaps it's to show that she is part of true Israel, because the promise comes through faith. And what does Jesus say to the gentiles who persist? He says that he has not seen any greater faith.
So, why did Jesus cause he to beg? Maybe it's so others could see her faith and could be inspired by her.

Back