Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus said you must love all muslims and not judge them

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Aero_Hudson said:
Sinthesis said:
It would be a start if Muslims would listen to Jesus' message and at least try to love other Muslims, rather than judging each other as only worthy of indiscriminate suicide bombings.

Let's take a step back and look at how we perceive the Muslim Community. Placing all Muslims into a generic stereotypical bucket does not do anyone any good.

As a Jesus follower, I think it is important to love everyone. I am noones judge and if God and the Holy Spirit urges me to speak with Muslims about my faith in the right place at the right time and in the right way I will do so. However, it is not my place to judge them if they do not accept Jesus as the way. Jesus was right when he stated to love everyone.

Right! We are the ones who are professing Christ. It follows that we should be loving them even if they are our sworn enemies. After all, even the heathen love they that love them.

Aero_Hudson said:
Sinthesis said:
It would be a start if Muslims would listen to Jesus' message and at least try to love other Muslims, rather than judging each other as only worthy of indiscriminate suicide bombings.

Let's take a step back and look at how we perceive the Muslim Community. Placing all Muslims into a generic stereotypical bucket does not do anyone any good.

As a Jesus follower, I think it is important to love everyone. I am noones judge and if God and the Holy Spirit urges me to speak with Muslims about my faith in the right place at the right time and in the right way I will do so. However, it is not my place to judge them if they do not accept Jesus as the way. Jesus was right when he stated to love everyone.
As Christians we know we should love our neighbors (even if they are Muslim). The point is that the minority of Muslims who resort to violence in the name of Allah are not themselves following the principle in the original post, because most violence perpetrated by Muslims is against other Muslims.

Sinthesis said:
Aero_Hudson said:
Sinthesis said:

As Christians we know we should love our neighbors (even if they are Muslim). The point is that the minority of Muslims who resort to violence in the name of Allah are not themselves following the principle in the original post, because most violence perpetrated by Muslims is against other Muslims.

I understand. However, your orginal post read as if all Muslims are like this.

^

Even right now , there are riots and protests in Indonesia by the Muslims against the Muslims of Malaysia , and this is just part of ongoing tensions although both are Muslims countries.

Is this what Muhammad taught ? ..... Indonesia - Malaysia tensions

I think it will be much easier for Christians to love Muslims if Muslims learn to love and forgive one another first.

Ed the Ned said:
Jesus said "Watch out that no one decieves you, for man will come in my name,claiming I am the Christ and will decieve many."
If you think Jesus said Do not judge he meant accept anything that is being told about him, you are clearly mistaken. When Jesus told me to watch out he told me to judge what I am being told and does it compromise the gospel. I will not judge a person with his personal walk with Christ, but I will discern his or her comments as to who Christ is. Christ said we should love one another, he did not say we should love all muslims. One another means all people. He did not tell me to love all religions, and all sin that dwells inside people. To put people into a cult and then expect me to love the cult just because there are people in it is ludecrous.

Didn't Jesus tell you to even love your enemies?

bodhitharta said:
Ed the Ned said:
Jesus said "Watch out that no one decieves you, for man will come in my name,claiming I am the Christ and will decieve many."
If you think Jesus said Do not judge he meant accept anything that is being told about him, you are clearly mistaken. When Jesus told me to watch out he told me to judge what I am being told and does it compromise the gospel. I will not judge a person with his personal walk with Christ, but I will discern his or her comments as to who Christ is. Christ said we should love one another, he did not say we should love all muslims. One another means all people. He did not tell me to love all religions, and all sin that dwells inside people. To put people into a cult and then expect me to love the cult just because there are people in it is ludecrous.

Why do you think the Christian church send thousands of missionaries into Muslim countries. Because we love them and want them to be saved. But Jesus did not tell me to love the enemies religion did he? If you had read my post correctly this would have been apparant to you. Jesus did not tell me to love and accept the enemies actions either. The Jesus of the Quran is not the same Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible is God in the Flesh. So please don't compare the two. The Jesus in the Quran is a false Jesus and should be seen as such.
Maybe you could enlighten me on why Mohammed said Kill the Infidels (Those who would not convert to Islam)??

Ed the Ned said:
bodhitharta said:
[quote="Ed the Ned":11rq5ejf]Jesus said "Watch out that no one decieves you, for man will come in my name,claiming I am the Christ and will decieve many."

Why do you think the Christian church send thousands of missionaries into Muslim countries. Because we love them and want them to be saved. But Jesus did not tell me to love the enemies religion did he? If you had read my post correctly this would have been apparant to you. Jesus did not tell me to love and accept the enemies actions either. The Jesus of the Quran is not the same Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible is God in the Flesh. So please don't compare the two. The Jesus in the Quran is a false Jesus and should be seen as such.
Maybe you could enlighten me on why Mohammed said Kill the Infidels (Those who would not convert to Islam)??[/quote:11rq5ejf]
Muhammad didn't say that he said fight against those who fight against you ( you are aware that the Christians at the time of Muhammad were blood thirsty , don't you?)

Yes, the Jesus of the Quran is the same as the Jesus of the bible. Tell me, back in those days why would someone bother creating a false Jesus?

bodhitharta said:
Muhammad didn't say that he said fight against those who fight against you ( you are aware that the Christians at the time of Muhammad were blood thirsty , don't you?)

Yes at that time. But it wasn't because God sanctioned it, but because of man's personal agenda and carnal desires.

On the contrary, according to the Quran (Surah 8:38-45 & 60-65, 22:39-40, 2:244, 4:95-97), Muhammad is said to have received revelations endorsing his raids to attack unbelievers and seize their valuables. To sustain his growing army and impress the Quraysh in Mecca of his growing power, he raided commercial caravans on their way to Mecca. Bukhari records that on his first raid at Al-Abwa, Muhammad was asked if it was permissible to attack at night since doing so would endanger the lives of the women and children traveling with the caravans. Muhammad replied, “They (women and children) are from them (the opposition).†In other words, he permitted the killing or capture of women and children during the raids.{Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 256}. The booty collected from the raids was distributed among his men.

Islam spread throughout the Middle East through the sword. Ibn Ishaq records that in all Muhammad participated in twenty-seven battles, personally fighting in nine of them. Muhammad sent messengers throughout Arabia and neighboring countries, ordering them to convert to Islam or suffer the consequences. Those who did not submit to his rule were attacked and forced to pay a tax called a Jizya to Muhammad.

In Surah 9, Muhammad gave instructions to his men on dealing with unbelievers :

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Surah 9:29).

In this passage, unbelievers are given three options: to convert to Islam, to pay the tax, or to prepare for battle. Today, fundamentalist Muslims who seek to follow the example of Muhammad and follow the literal teachings of the Qur’an view jihad (holy war) as a military conflict for the cause of Islam. These believe that jihad will be waged worldwide against all unbelievers until the world comes under the rule of the House of Islam.

bodhitharta said:
Yes, the Jesus of the Quran is the same as the Jesus of the bible. Tell me, back in those days why would someone bother creating a false Jesus?

Satan already existed since the beginning of creation and will do anything to turn believers away from the true Jesus, including creating a false Jesus of Islam in the Quran.

The Jesus of the Quran is NOT the same as the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible was the Son of God who was crucified and resurrected for man's salvation.

:amen

Tina said:
bodhitharta said:

Yes at that time. But it wasn't because God sanctioned it, but because of man's personal agenda and carnal desires.

On the contrary, according to the Quran (Surah 8:38-45 & 60-65, 22:39-40, 2:244, 4:95-97), Muhammad is said to have received revelations endorsing his raids to attack unbelievers and seize their valuables. To sustain his growing army and impress the Quraysh in Mecca of his growing power, he raided commercial caravans on their way to Mecca. Bukhari records that on his first raid at Al-Abwa, Muhammad was asked if it was permissible to attack at night since doing so would endanger the lives of the women and children traveling with the caravans. Muhammad replied, “They (women and children) are from them (the opposition).†In other words, he permitted the killing or capture of women and children during the raids.{Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 256}. The booty collected from the raids was distributed among his men.

Islam spread throughout the Middle East through the sword. Ibn Ishaq records that in all Muhammad participated in twenty-seven battles, personally fighting in nine of them. Muhammad sent messengers throughout Arabia and neighboring countries, ordering them to convert to Islam or suffer the consequences. Those who did not submit to his rule were attacked and forced to pay a tax called a Jizya to Muhammad.

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Surah 9:29).

In this passage, unbelievers are given three options: to convert to Islam, to pay the tax, or to prepare for battle. Today, fundamentalist Muslims who seek to follow the example of Muhammad and follow the literal teachings of the Qur’an view jihad (holy war) as a military conflict for the cause of Islam. These believe that jihad will be waged worldwide against all unbelievers until the world comes under the rule of the House of Islam.

bodhitharta said:

Satan already existed since the beginning of creation and will do anything to turn believers away from the true Jesus, including creating a false Jesus of Islam in the Quran.

The Jesus of the Quran is NOT the same as the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible was the Son of God who was crucified and resurrected for man's salvation.

:amen

You do realize that the Quran states there is no compulsion in religion, right?

From the crusades:

On October 2, 1187, Balian presented Saladin with the keys to the Tower of David completing the surrender. In an act of mercy Saladin and many of his commanders freed many of those destined for slavery. Balian and the other Christian nobles ransomed several others from their personal funds. The defeated Christians left the city in three columns, with the first two led by the Knights Templars and Hospitallers and the third by Balian and Patriarch Heraclius. Balian ultimately rejoined his family in Tripoli.

Taking control of the city, Saladin elected to permit the Christians to retain control of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and allowed Christian pilgrimages. Unaware of the city's fall, Pope Gregory VIII issued a call for the Third Crusade on October 29

Notice the compassion? There were none forced to become Muslims and this is historical fact

bodhitharta said:
Notice the compassion? There were none forced to become Muslims and this is historical fact

So are you saying that even Muslims don't believe in the teachings of Muhammad ?

:confused

bodhitharta said:

Apart from believing that Jesus is not the Son of God but a prophet, most muslims also believe that Christ was not crucified. Before the crucifixion He was taken to heaven and someone else put in his place who looked like him. Thus is not the Lamb of God and the Saviour of the world.

There are a few other more smaller differences too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back