Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus the Man from Heaven !

S

savedbygrace57

1 cor 15:

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

One of the great biblical truths of the person of the messiah, is that his origin even as a man, is from heaven. I don't believe there is a clearer verse of scripture than our text.

Many believe that Jesus Christ didn't become man until the virgin birth, but thats not true, he was the God-Man Mediator from everlasting. No, i am not advocating that he had flesh and blood, but that he was a spiritual man[ as an angel] with a heavenly body, created out of the Godhead.

Here are more scriptures that imply Jesus Christ was a man before the incarnation:

jn 6:

62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he[ Son of man] was before?

Here it plainly indicates that he was the son of man before he descended to be born of a virgin..

eph 4:

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

He that descended [ in the incarnation] is the same [son of man] who ascended..

jn 3:

30He must increase, but I must decrease.

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

John the baptist appears to understand the heavenly origin of this man..

jn 16:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God

his disciples realized his heavenly origin..

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father

30Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

jn 6:

33 The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world

50 Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die.

58 I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever

The reference to Jesus calling himself bread, is indicative of him being of substance, in a body, before he came down from heaven

note: he didn't come down to become bread, but he was bread who came down..

later he says the bread is his flesh..jn 6:

51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

remember Jesus said this jn 17:

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The Glory as the God man Mediator..

There are many more verses that imply Jesus Christ was the God Man Mediator, before the incarnation..He was before all things, as the head of the church:

col 1:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

This is a essential truth of the person of Jesus Christ, its who Jesus Christ is as he left heaven to come and die for the sins of the church, his body..

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,†says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.â€
Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

Isaiah 44:6 - (God is the Redeemer)
2 Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the Redeemer) - “To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christâ€

Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by His self alone)
John 1:3; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things)

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 5:17,18 - “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.†Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 5:23 - that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.â€

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.â€

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.†Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?†The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.â€

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.â€

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can yu say, 'Show us the Father'?â€

Hi savedbygrace57. I do not believe that Jesus was a "man" in heaven before his incarnation.
I believe he was the "Son of God", the "Logos"--the visible expression of the invisible God.

Let's look at Phil. 2:5-8, NRSV:
"Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a slave, being born in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death---even the death on a cross." Capitals mine.

He was in the form of God before his incarnation. He emptied himself (how much we don't exactly know--certainly he emptied himself of his glory).

For thou art the Christ, the son of the living God

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt 16:

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This declaration said Jesus, did not come from flesh and blood, that is from human wisdom or learning, for this was a truth that could only have been known by Revelation of the Father..

The Father had revealed to peter, that the man Jesus Christ, who was with them presently, was not just an ordinary man, not even a ordinary man of God or prophet, but that this man was the anointed one [not in His Deity but manhood], The son of the living God..

Now I am sure peter and the other disciples understood not what all that entailed or meant at that time, but in time it would be made clear, for Jesus saith in matt 13a:

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance..

That means, those whom God had revealed some truth to, spiritual perception, they can expect an abundance of more of the same, giving them a fuller revelation to complete or complement what He has already given them..see phil 3:15..

Many believe here that peter was acknowledging the Deity of Christ here in vs 16, but even though Jesus is Deity, that wasn't the point of emphasis here, for again, Deity is not anointed, but his manhood is in view, it was the uniqueness of His being as a man [mk 4:41] For Jesus Christ was anointed over and above, all that came before him, such as moses, john the baptist or other noted great prophets to that nation, for he was uniquely special from the very corridors of heaven, He was Gods very own unique man son, even as Adam was, but only he was from the opposite, the earth..for Adam being a son of God see lk 3:38.. Remember Jesus said later of his disciples, that they had believed that he [as a man] had came out from God:

Jn 16:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I [as a man] came out from God.

note: Deity cannot be meant here, for Deity does not come out from God, for it is God..

28I [as a man] came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father

30Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Jesus christ disciples therefore were given to understand that Jesus christ was an anointed man from heaven [see 1 cor 15:47]..a man that came from God just as but greater than john the baptist who was a man sent from God [see jn 1:6] a man who was Gods own unique son from heaven..

Again, the point here is not so much on the Deity of christ, thou He is Deity, when considered with His Oneness with the Divine Logos [Jn 1:1], but this confession has to do with him as a man, thats why the specific question was asked matt 16:

13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Jesus emphasis is on his manhood here, for the term son of man makes that clear..jesus was asking, as a man, who am i ?

I will in my next post show why this question and peters confession is so critical and how this confession is the foundation of christ building his church and true christianity...

Jesus Christ had a God !
1 pet 1:

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

In rev 3 12 Jesus no less than four times calls God my God

12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

When Did God become His God ? Was it before He was born of Mary or afterwords ?​

1 tim 2:5 The Man Christ Jesus !

1 tim 2:

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Why would God have a Mediator for Men [ Christ Jesus the Man] and that Mediator not exist when men [in Adam] was created ? God knew men in Adam were going to sin !

Re: 1 tim 2:5 The Man Christ Jesus !

1 tim 2:

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Why would God have a Mediator for Men [ Christ Jesus the Man] and that Mediator not exist when men [in Adam] was created ? God knew men in Adam were going to sin !

Continuing this thought of the Man Christ Jesus and His Preexistence before creation, in order of being the Mediator of Men who would be created and sin in Adam.

It is written, and scripture is plain that Grace was given men in Christ Jesus [ the Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim 1:

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

How can this be True if Christ Jesus did not exist ? And if He did exist, how could He not have been the Mediator Man Christ Jesus of 1 Tim 2:5 ?

Hence, to deny His Mediatoralship before the world began, is to deny the Grace that was given us [ Gods elect] in Him before the world began !

This overturns Salvation by Grace completely !

phil 2:5-6

Continuing this thought of the Man Christ Jesus and His Preexistence before creation, in order of being the Mediator of Men who would be created and sin in Adam.

It is written, and scripture is plain that Grace was given men in Christ Jesus [ the Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim 1:

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

How can this be True if Christ Jesus did not exist ? And if He did exist, how could He not have been the Mediator Man Christ Jesus of 1 Tim 2:5 ?

Hence, to deny His Mediatoralship before the world began, is to deny the Grace that was given us [ Gods elect] in Him before the world began !

This overturns Salvation by Grace completely !

Phil 2:

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who [Christ Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

This passage tells us that Christ Jesus before His incarnation existed in the Form of God !

The Mediator Man Christ Jesus, in the incarnation did not become a different person heb 13:

8Jesus Christ the same [Person] yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Yesterday here does not mean the immediate day before, or just a little time in the past, but from ancient times, days of old !

But He took on a different Nature, for He did not assume a different person, but a Human Nature of Flesh and Blood , which was called that Holy Thing born of the virgin

Heb 2:

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

lk 1:35

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The seed of Abraham, and hence the seed of the women !

The Mediator Man Christ Jesus, before assuming Flesh and Blood, previously existed and subsisted with the Divine Word or Eternal Logos Jn 1:1, so His Mediatorial Manhood never existed of itself since its begetting from everlasting prov 8:

25Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth, [niv]

25 before the mountains were settled, and before all hills, he begets me.[LXX]

And when the Mediator took on flesh and blood, He still subsisted in the Divine Word and never separated from Him, which would render all His obedience in the human nature of Divine quality, virtue and efficacy, and entitles Him to render the benefits of His obedience to death, communicable to whom ever He pleases ! Jn 5:

21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

The way I see it, and its just my observation...

John starts his gospel "In the beginning was the Word", proceeding to say "the Word was with God, the Word was God and dwelt among us."

This is bookending IMO what we read in Genisis with "In the beginning". God refers to himself as "us signifying the possible Trinity.

1Tim refers to God as "King eternal, immortal and invisible," and Colossians 1 refers to Christ as the "image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation."

I'm no scholar or hardcore theologian, but another verse I don't know the address for tells us the King enthroned in glory John saw was Jesus.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I would say that anytime God is "seen" in the Bible it is the second person of the Trinity, the God the Son. I believe God the Father is simply the will of God, the Son is the person God, and the Spirit is... well... the the Spirit of God.

So its my opinion, but not only is Jesus the King we see enthroned in Isaiah, Ezekial, John, walking amongst us in Genisis, etc... but the throne in heaven was empty during His time on earth. Now we was born as a human with flesh and bones, but in heaven He exists in a glorified body.

This is interesting to think about, because that would mean that God Himself left a throneroom of continious worship by heavenly beings to enter the womb of a human, be born a human, learn as a human, die as a human, and defeat sin and death for the sole purpose of becoming a mediator of man between wrath and mercy.

Then again I'm not theologian, but this is how the bible reads and this is what I believe. Anyone wanting to pick this a part and prove me wrong is welcome to do so. I prefer that my thoughts on God are biblical, so if there's anything I'm missing or misinterpret don't hold back, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 tim 2:

Since the foundation of the world, beginning with Adam, the beginning of Men, man has needed a Mediator, for this is a fact proven by the sin of Adam, who sinned according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ, and it is here that we see the first divulging of the Mediator, the Seed of the Women.[Gen 3:15] This divulgence is the Revealing of the Grace of the Everlasting Covenant to the fallen parents of the elect of God, that their redeemer and the destroyer of him that brought about their fall, their sin and ruin would be of their seed. This promise was due to the everlasting covenant, or covenant of grace established before the foundation of the world.

The New Covenant, of which Jesus is the Mediator of according to Heb 9:15

And for this cause he [Jesus] is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

heb 12:24

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

He also would be the Mediator of the Everlasting Covenant, which is the New Covenant being administered under the New dispensation beginning with the first coming of Christ.

If Jesus is the Mediator of the New Covenant, and that being the display of the everlasting covenant under a New Dispensation, then He must have been the Man Christ Jesus from everlasting, since it takes a Man to be a Mediator, The Man Christ Jesus. All the saints since the beginning of the world, received Grace from their Mediator Christ Jesus. His Interest has been for the Sons of men before creation prov 8:

29When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights [As Mediator] were with the sons of men.

Was Jesus Christ created ? Rev 3:14

Rev 3:

14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Many, who lack understanding of the Mysterious Person of Jesus Christ, avoid the obvious meaning of this verse, and that is, Jesus Christ was the very beginning of God's Creation, and yes He is Gods Creation, out of God Himself...

Adam was created out of the ground, Jesus Christ was [before time began] Created out of the very essence and Being of the Father..

Now, I am not a Jehovah Witness, nor do I promote Arianism, because I also Hold to the Deity of Christ in His Divine Nature as the Eternal Logos/Word of God Jn 1:1..

But the reference here is not to His Deity God Head in rev 3 14, but to His Mediatorial Character , as the Mediator set up before the world began..

He as the Head of the Church, His Mystical Body, was Created, and they [ His Church] was Created in Him eph 2:

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Just like in the First Adam, the elect were created in Him, so likewise, The elect were created in Christ Jesus the second Adam, before the world began.

So, again, When I affirm with scripture, that Jesus Christ was Created, this is not in regards to His Divine Nature as God the Word, but in regards to His Mediatorial Nature as the Head of the Church..

Now lets see how many adversaries take this opportunity to misrepresent this testimony, and swear that I am teaching that Jesus is not God ..

The Mediator, The Man Christ Jesus !

1 tim 2:

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The Mediator Man Christ Jesus, when did He first exist ?

Now the position of my adversaries is this: That Jesus Christ existed in His Deity or Godhead from eternity [which I concur] but only they say He existed in His Mediator Manhood status 1 tim 2:5 from the conception in the womb of the virgin Mary, this I disagree.

They are telling us thereby, that we can go back no further than Bethlehem for a Saviour. If this be accurate, the world existed about four thousand years without a Mediator Saviour. This position is false and needs to be repented of, for it leads to thousands upon thousands who died within those four thousand years, to include the OT Saints, not having been saved, for Jesus states Jn 14:

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No Man has ever came to God but by Him, ever since Adam. For Adam in the very beginning was Men, and if so, scripture says that The Man Christ Jesus is the Mediator between God and Men..If He was not then Mediator, then there was a time Men did not have a Mediator, which scripture cannot support that notion..

Christ existed in the OT !

We know that Christ existed in the OT by NT scriptures that imply that He did.

1 pet 1:

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Notice that the prophets were moved by the Spirit of Christ [messiah] in them.

This was the preincarnated Christ [anointed one] the very Spirit of the Mediator Man 1 tim 2:

Yes, even though He did not have yet a body of flesh and blood, He existed as the anointed[messiah] Man.

For paul writes about the spirit of the Man 1 cor 2:

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

You see, the Spirit of a Man is actually the Man, the rest is a covering for the Spirit of Man.

ecc 3:21

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

At death, man is bodiless, but His Spirit, the essence of the Man lives on, it goes upward to God to be Judged by Him and assigned its proper compartment until the resurrection of the Last Day and then be reunited with its body for final Judgment..

Also the fact that the believer has a old man and new man, should inform us that a Man can be a immaterial being..

Job also realized that the man is the Spirit and its merely covered with bone and sinew [body] Job 10:11

Thou hast clothed me[The Man the Spirit] with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

Man as Spirit is merely what scripture terms unclothed 2 cor 5:4

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

These bodies were given for our earthly dwelling 2 pet 1:

14Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

But peter would still be the Man/Spirit after His death.

So likewise Christ was the Man Spirit before being clothed with His tabernacle on earth through the virgin birth..

Christ existed in the OT !

We know that Christ existed in the OT by NT scriptures that imply that He did.

1 pet 1:

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Notice that the prophets were moved by the Spirit of Christ [messiah] in them.

This was the preincarnated Christ [anointed one] the very Spirit of the Mediator Man 1 tim 2:

Yes, even though He did not have yet a body of flesh and blood, He existed as the anointed[messiah] Man.

For paul writes about the spirit of the Man 1 cor 2:

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

You see, the Spirit of a Man is actually the Man, the rest is a covering for the Spirit of Man.

ecc 3:21

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

At death, man is bodiless, but His Spirit, the essence of the Man lives on, it goes upward to God to be Judged by Him and assigned its proper compartment until the resurrection of the Last Day and then be reunited with its body for final Judgment..

Also the fact that the believer has a old man and new man, should inform us that a Man can be a immaterial being..

Job also realized that the man is the Spirit and its merely covered with bone and sinew [body] Job 10:11

Thou hast clothed me[The Man the Spirit] with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

Man as Spirit is merely what scripture terms unclothed 2 cor 5:4

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

These bodies were given for our earthly dwelling 2 pet 1:

14Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

But peter would still be the Man/Spirit after His death.

So likewise Christ was the Man Spirit before being clothed with His tabernacle on earth through the virgin birth..
You are speaking here to yourself saved by grace. Shall I chase you around the forum trying to gain your ear? You speak of things outside of time and space. Allow me to ask you a question. Does heaven cut a whole in earth or earth cut a whole in heaven? What is male and female in spiritual terms? The Son of man and the Son of God, are they not about this? Each term is a perspective of the same thing depending on whether you are in heaven or on earth. But for what purpose? So that we may find rest? Rest from what work? The word of God is that which proceeds out of the mouth of God and therefore is God as the only begotten of God. HE IS A HIDDEN ARROW. If creation comes after creator and man an image of God, what came first, God or the image?

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil 2:5 -

That the Lord Jesus Christ existed as the Man Mediator before His Incarnation or virgin birth is clearly taught in several places in scripture, for instance here Phil 2:5-7

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Who was it according to this scripture "existed in the form of God" ?

Is it not the same one designated as the Mediator here 1Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

" The Man Christ Jesus"

Now when did He first have the mind of humility ? Was it not while He was yet in the Form of God ? So the mind of humility was prior to and preparatory to Him taking on the form of a servant.

Notice to that in Phil 2:5 that He is called Christ Jesus. The Anointed one. Now how is it He is the anointed one ? It cannot be in His Deity or Godhead, For God in His pure Divine Essence as Deity is never said to be anointed, for why should He, He's God, however the Only Begotten Man Mediator, as the Head of His body, the Church, He was anointed into His Offices as Mediator, Prophet, Priest, and King.

More on Phil 2:5 -

Notice to that in Phil 2:5 that He is called Christ Jesus. The Anointed one. Now how is it He is the anointed one ? It cannot be in His Deity or Godhead, For God in His pure Divine Essence as Deity is never said to be anointed, for why should He, He's God, however the Only Begotten Man Mediator, as the Head of His body, the Church, He was anointed into His Offices as Mediator, Prophet, Priest, and King.

I believe scripture speaks to this Anointing of Christ as Mediator before the world was created as He was personified as the wisdom of God Prov 8:22-23

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

This is Christ, wisdom personified, first lets look at 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice Paul uses the Term Christ, to mean the Anointed, the Wisdom of God, and the Power of God..

Now lets notice back at proverbs 8:22 where He says, the LORD possessed me in the beginning of His way. The word possessed here means to create, its the hebrew word qanah:

to get, acquire, create, buy, possess

a) (Qal)

1) to get, acquire, obtain

a) of God originating, creating, redeeming His people

So this word is speaking of His being Begotten or generated.

Now this is not describing His Essential Deity as the Logos, but His Mediatorial Office as the Head of the Church.

Why was He Created or Begotten, well if we look at this verse out of the LXX we are told :

22 The Lord made me the beginning of his ways for his works.

23 He established me before time was in the beginning, before he made the earth:

Now if you notice, He says that the LORD made me the beginning of His was FOR His works..

That means He would be the Mediator and Medium by which God would create or make the World. This is what Col 1:15-17 is about

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Also notice how vs 15 The Image of the invisible God compares with Phil 2:6

The Form of God and the Image of God are very similar !

He was the Firstborn, the First to ever be brought forth, so vs 17 says He is before all things, all created things. Now this is speaking to His Mediatorial Office as in 1 Tim 2:5

More on Phil 2:5

We have pointed out that The Mediator Christ Jesus is also that personification of wisdom in Prov 8:22-23. We then defined what the word possessed meant in vs 22

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

We read how that He was created or begotten for His works, that is to be the medium of creation Col 1:15-17 and as such He is the Firstborn of every creature and before all things.

Next lets look at vs 23 of Prov 8 at the words I was set up. What does this mean ? The phrase set up in the Hebrew is nacak :

to pour out, pour, offer, cast

a) (Qal)

1) to pour out

2) to cast metal images

3) to anoint (a king)

b) (Niphal) to be anointed

c) (Piel) to pour out (as a libation)

d) (Hiphil) to pour out libations

e) (Hophal) to be poured out

2) to set, install

a) (Qal) to install

b) (Niphal) to be installed

I believe this refers to Christ being set up, installed and Anointed for His Mediatorial Offices of Prophet, Priest, and King as the Head of the Church and Surety of the elect of God.

For later in the chapter in vs 31 Prov 8:31

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

His delights were with the sons of Men, His Mediatorial delights, He would be the One Mediator between God and Men 1 Tim 2:5.

Folks this was established before the world was created, for the children must have a Mediator already in place before their creation. This is so because redemptive wisdom to be displayed was the very purpose of creation, for Him. Eph 3:9-11

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

here you go again.:lol
i think you are funny in a good way and have a lot of capacity to put/push through.
do you think just as me that even if nobody reads it your practisisng like this still has fruits i believe..

but thats not nice..

no again i havent red all. i just red the post in between..

so from that i can make up what it's about besides the title.
i'd like to give some input again without reading all you posted(if i would read all i'd have an xtra activity to spend time:yes but atm i am also not'reading the bible(jehovah) since i want to take a lifetime to fully read all versions of the bible:)
and still keep my own opinion of justice on top when i disagree..

-------------

i'd like to share that 7 years ago my story began with the thought that god had descent from heaven into me. just like christ.

but i allready disagree on the tilte there you see.
wanst jesus the son of man who was supposed to be held up high just as mozes did with the snake in the desert??

but then i believe jesus was a man of rightiousness and believed very faithfull.
which made so many fruit and caught so many fish, just by him believing.

imagine that jesus didnt believe he was truly god's son (as every human being, clearly!) he was the first to adress it in that axect way though. and proven in our eyes/mind to be right about it/that.

he was the word, which is mentally.. that became flesh.
now i think if you want to follow jesus as example, as a or the' man from heaven.
one should try at least, or if u can simply have the same believe as jesus.
as you see there's no question about me doubting jesus. to be a man from 'heaven'.

i totalitary have no doubt in jesus story to be any lie within(to ensure you)
i have said before that just words wont do if the truth doesnt go along. or if it isnt to be proven truth, by you or another first and before and even after.

what i try to say with this is that with words anything can be set up (not as in setup..) but that words just wont do, is what i mean to say. and i know that is treu.

i mean theres thousands of books with nice storys. and there could be made infinite...
but if you want a word to be truth. that a different cake and takes input besides just saying it. if you are or i is about words solarly though(which i self mostly am)
then it needs bearing and backing up of the mind or feeling to make sure that that 'word' will last..

now i am not saying that you dont do that savedbygrace57 since the amount of words only allready clearly prove in my eyes that you are serious and for real.

it then isnt my purpose to do you wrong in any way.
i am just sharing my vision/opinion going from the title and the post i red. and not anything else.

(i scroll down now...)

hmm i red the last post.
i wont read more.

i'd like to say again that jesus was a son of man and a man himself who surely believed in a concreet way. i know so;)
believe is not all words. believing in truth and reality is not just believing words.

hope my reply was any of use;)

Christ as Mediator !

When the word of God speaks of Christ as Being Mediator 1 Tim 2:5; Heb 8:6 the term is comprehensive of the entire work of mediation in all its sphere of activities, Prophetical, Priestly, and Regal offices. Christ as the Prophet of His People, for all whom He died, He is the cause or source of all inward Illumination Spiritually Jn 1:9, whereby the Truth in any fashion, is apprehended and savingly believed Lk 10:22

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

The Elect as other men by nature have a natural aversion to the Divine and Holy Truth. There is a Moral Blindness, a Darkened Understanding see Eph 4:18, However Our Prophet Christ, The Mediator of the New Covenant, He heals this sore disease, and enables the mind to understand and the heart to receive the Love of the Truth.

Back