Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Jesus, the Ultimate Healer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

I am a veteran and yesterday I needed some medical care so I went to my local VA Clinic. I had not been for about two years because I don't have any major medical issues and I don't take any medications. I was appalled by the changes and lack of care that I received. I am sure that the people at the clinic are doing the best they can, but they are probably overwhelmed with the number of vets and the lack of funding that they receive. I left the clinic thinking, "Well if the Lord doesn't heal me I guess I will just die and be with Him." I do NOT want to deal with the VA Clinic again.

The truth is that as Christians we have an ultimate physician, we have the great physician, Jesus Christ. While He was on earth He healed the sick, raised the dead, and cast out demons. After His death on the cross He rose again and sent the Holy Spirit to finish what He started. The Apostles had great authority and also healed the sick. Peter's shadow would heal and Paul would send prayer clothes that he had touched because the anointing on him healed others.

Peter and Paul had no power at all by themselves but the power of the Holy Spirit was so strong that they healed others. Jesus is the same "yesterday, today, and forever." We still have access to the healing power of Jesus Christ. Although doctors and physicians are sometimes necessary, we can still call on the ultimate physician, Jesus Christ, to heal us. View attachment 4585

I am listening to a book on audio called "The Heavenly Man" about brother Yun from China. He was part of the house church ministry that started back in the 1970's. Just last night I got to a part in the book that said people were healed by touching his clothes. He even said blind people were healed, lame could walk etc. I was wondering if this could still happen like it did with the disciples?

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I don't believe the miracles have ceased. I still believe in miracles.

I do too. I hear more about people being healed of cancer than anything else. Of course skeptics and non=believers still try to find some scientific explanation for it. One time I heard an atheist say "why hasn't God healed an amputee?"

I believe in miracles, too. I've been physically healed and made a bit younger than my chronological age, probably so I can know what its like to be young and grow up (I was burned out and balding and dead eyed in my early 20s, so..."I will repay you for the years the canker worm has eaten").

Other people have miracles, too. Cancer that goes away before its detected. Minds healed after years of torment. Recovering from that which no one should be able to recover from (accidents, strokes, etc.).

Morbid as it may seem, I think sometimes death, for a believer, can be a miracle of sorts. A quiet, painless death is sometimes the best option...keeping in mind that God knows our situations better than we do, of course.

Good posts!

I have gotten so used to it in my denomination, that, to tell you the truth, I find it unusual anymore when congregations say they don't have people experiencing this all the time.

Last edited:
It isn't normal for congregations to have healing services anymore. They used to back in the 1980's. You are very fortunate to go to such a church.

It isn't normal for congregations to have healing services anymore. They used to back in the 1980's. You are very fortunate to go to such a church.
We almost never have healing services.... (I can't remember the last one)... What I am talking about are the normal Saturday and Sunday services, our middle of the week Home Groups, and pretty much anytime a group of us gets together.

Much of the time, healings happen when our teens go to the mall to pray for people, or the adults are down in the "homeless" section of town, helping out where we can.

Jesus tells Martha that Mary has chosen what is better! He says, "there is only one thing needed".

The scripture says all authority and power has been given to Jesus in heaven and on earth. He is the life, the resurrection, the way, and the truth. While the doctor may have a word on your situation, it is not the last word. Jesus has the final word over all matters. This is why the scripture says, if God is for you, who can be against you. Including death!

There is only one thing needed...and that is JESUS!

Last edited:
Good too see that some folks understand that we are the healed. We do have a greater report than the worst doctor report. Never give up, stay encouraged. God has never failed anyone who believed and agreed with him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back