Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John 3:16, and OSAS, A dispensatinalists conundrum.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
unred typo said:
I’m going to concentrate on what I must do to be saved.
I would if I were you. :wink:

Ask someone who is saved. They would be glad to help you. :biggrin

Solo said:
I would if I were you. :wink:

Ask someone who is saved. They would be glad to help you. :biggrin

Well, you read all the way to the fourth sentence of my six paragraph answer to your question concerning salvation. If you had finished the post, you might have seen that I did concentrate on the subject of how to be saved and not on side issues. I’m glad to see that you didn’t try to give me your 'plan of salvation' again or claim to be one who could ’help’ me know how to be saved at all. Let us thank heaven for every blessing.

If I had not already been corrected by God of the OSAS error, I would probably still be spouting it myself.

unred typo said:
Well, you read all the way to the fourth sentence of my six paragraph answer to your question concerning salvation. If you had finished the post, you might have seen that I did concentrate on the subject of how to be saved and not on side issues. I’m glad to see that you didn’t try to give me your 'plan of salvation' again or claim to be one who could ’help’ me know how to be saved at all. Let us thank heaven for every blessing.

If I had not already been corrected by God of the OSAS error, I would probably still be spouting it myself.
I have read all of your posts concerning threads that I post in, and I am quite aware of your inability to follow the Scriptures for truth. Instead you have become bitter in your life towards a group with a certain set of beliefs, and have exited to your own domicile of protection in your own mind. It is not hard to understand the Word of God and the simplicity of it, unless one is a mere natural man, unborn of God, working for his own salvation based on his own rules. Good luck while you climb the tower of babel, and when you get to the top and recognize that you have not gone far enough, holler and I'll help you out.

Let me give you a hint about salvation while you are climbing your tower of works; A believer's salvation is not based on what the believer can do, it is based on what God has done.

Solo said:
I have read all of your posts concerning threads that I post in, and I am quite aware of your inability to follow the Scriptures for truth. Instead you have become bitter in your life towards a group with a certain set of beliefs, and have exited to your own domicile of protection in your own mind. It is not hard to understand the Word of God and the simplicity of it, unless one is a mere natural man, unborn of God, working for his own salvation based on his own rules. Good luck while you climb the tower of babel, and when you get to the top and recognize that you have not gone far enough, holler and I'll help you out.
Let me give you a hint about salvation while you are climbing your tower of works; A believer's salvation is not based on what the believer can do, it is based on what God has done.

I’m happy to hear that you are reading all my posts but somewhat perplexed at your perception of what I have written. I do base my ‘salvation’ on what God has done.

Without the blood, where would you or I or anyone be? Lost and condemned in our sin without hope of ever ridding it from our lives. How could we live a perfect sinless life without the blood washing away every spot as we realize it is sin and repent?

Without the teaching of Christ and the word of God that he has written on our hearts, how would you or I or anyone know what was displeasing to him that we might follow in obedience to Christ and repent when we had missed the mark?

Without the promises in the word he has given us to read, how would you or I or anyone know what awaits those who do his will and follow his commands? We would be “of all men, most miserable†as Paul wrote.

While I appreciate your offer of help, I have the God of all creation as my helper, what should I fear but displeasing him alone? While you work out your own salvation in fear and trembling, let me encourage you that God is not looking for ways to undermine our attempts to please him, but looks on the heart and sees our intentions more than our failures to produce perfection.

I see you are still unable to form a defense against the tearing down of your OSAS stronghold, Solo. As you can plainly see, you can reconcile works of faith and faith that works by love. The myth that it is beyond human comprehension is just a devise of the enemy to keep you from the truth that will save your soul if you follow and obey.

Back