Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John 5:45

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
John 5:45 "Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

John 12:48 "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

2 Timothy 4:1 "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;"

John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Hebrews 12:23 "To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,"

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

advocate: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/advocate

-a person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person, cause, etc.(usually followed by of):
---(an advocate of peace.)

-a person who pleads for or in behalf of another; intercessor.

-a person who pleads the cause of another in a court of law.

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

We, God's own, have an advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, for those men who sin.

Since those men do not have an advocate with The Father, which one of them will be able to ask God, The Father, for any help? It is only His children, who has and knows the advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, that can ask on their behalf....

Since those men do not have an advocate with The Father, which one of them will be able to ask God, The Father, for any help?
Maybe anyone in a moment of clarity.
Act 2:21 "And it shall be that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'
Rom 10:13 "every one who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

iakov the fool

Act 2:21 "And it shall be that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

iakov the fool

Jim,

You sure provided 2 Scriptures of clarity that everyone can be open to calling on the name of the Lord.

Oz
:amen:boing

Last edited:
Since those men do not have an advocate with The Father, which one of them will be able to ask God, The Father, for any help? It is only His children, who has and knows the advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, that can ask on their behalf....

iakov the fool

You sure provided 2 Scriptures of clarity that everyone can be open to calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:14-22 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
“ ‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Romans 10:9-15 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Perhaps both misbehaved11 and Jim Parker have valid points. The call IS open to everyone, but WE have a responsibility to speak on their behalf. Not to God for them, but to them for God.

“How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:15)

:goodpost Its important to understand God uses us to speak for Him, and not that we are an intermediary link between Him and others.

Back