Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]
John MacArthur is an antichrist.
He denies the Ministry of the Life of Christ in His people.
But His denying the existence of the apostle and prophet in the Church today He denies the Life of Christ in His people.
He has a study bible and in two places he denies the existence of the apostle and prophet.
Enough for me.

But His denying the existence of the apostle and prophet in the Church today He denies the Life of Christ in His people.
He has a study bible and in two places he denies the existence of the apostle and prophet.
Enough for me.
Therefore he is not an apostle and has no connection or authority from Christ so we should not listen to him
Just another self appointed preacher

Therefore he is not an apostle and has no connection or authority from Christ so we should not listen to him
Just another self appointed preacher
I am reminded of J. I. Packer. A staunch Calvinist who leans on Puritan Theology (which was purest than today's garbage), but lately Packer has been very involved in something called Evangelists and Catholics Together (ECT), which he is spearheading this new joining of Protestants and Catholics.
I think we need pray for this man.

I am reminded of J. I. Packer. A staunch Calvinist who leans on Puritan Theology (which was purest than today's garbage), but lately Packer has been very involved in something called Evangelists and Catholics Together (ECT), which he is spearheading this new joining of Protestants and Catholics.
I think we need pray for this man.
Do you believe this idea of reformed theology?

Do you believe this idea of reformed theology?
The short answer is "Yes."
For nearly 30 years I've read the works of the Puritans and the Reformation and in light of Redemptive History find it most in line with Biblical Theology.
PS: That was not the long answer.

The short answer is "Yes."
For nearly 30 years I've read the works of the Puritans and the Reformation and in light of Redemptive History find it most in line with Biblical Theology.
PS: That was not the long answer.
Theology means truth
How can truth be reformed?
Truth is divine and comes from God, how can man reform of change that which is immutable, can God be changed?

Appreciate you’re insights

Theology means truth
How can truth be reformed?
Truth is divine and comes from God, how can man reform of change that which is immutable, can God be changed?

Appreciate you’re insights
Taken in context to the Roman Catholic Church it was a reforming of the truth of Scripture.

It can also be called a "restoration" to the truth. A "reclaiming."

And once the Scriptures were translated into the vulgar language it was an explosion set off by God! Many individuals were used of God at different times in that period and before that brought about the restoration. It has been said, "Erasmus laid the egg and Martin Luther hatched it!"

Taken in context to the Roman Catholic Church it was a reforming of the truth of Scripture.

It can also be called a "restoration" to the truth. A "reclaiming."

And once the Scriptures were translated into the vulgar language it was an explosion set off by God! Many individuals were used of God at different times in that period and before that brought about the restoration. It has been said, "Erasmus laid the egg and Martin Luther hatched it!"
Do you believe the Bible is the sole authority?

Enough for me.
There are no more Apostles today.
And I'd venture to say no prophets.
If you think there are, then where are they?

Enough for me.
You are an idiot to accuse a godly man like you are doing. You are a disgrace.

You are an idiot to accuse a godly man like you are doing. You are a disgrace.
Just going where the facts take me.

Tell me, denying the Life of Christ in His people, the Body of Christ, is that OK with you?

John says that person that does that is antichrist. There were antichrists in his day and he warns us there will be antichrists in our day.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, 1 Jn 2:22–24.

Let this therefore abide in you.

Just going where the facts take me.

Tell me, denying the Life of Christ in His people, the Body of Christ, is that OK with you?

John says that person that does that is antichrist. There were antichrists in his day and he warns us there will be antichrists in our day.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, 1 Jn 2:22–24.

Let this therefore abide in you.
You do not know what you are talking about.

You do not know what you are talking about.
What you're really saying is God doesn't know what He's talking about.

Go ahead. Open MacArthur's NKJV study bible to 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 as well as Ephesians 4:11. Go to his notes on those verses dealing with apostles and prophets and read it for yourself.
Then come back here and share your findings.

God knows, and we know you do not know what you are talking about.
Go ahead. Open MacArthur's NKJV study bible to 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 as well as Ephesians 4:11. Go to his notes on those verses dealing with apostles and prophets and read it for yourself.
Unlike you, I know what it says, before He put it in his study bible.

This is what I wanted to know.
Could you post what MacArthurs study notes state?
I don't care for calvinist teachings, but I don't know what you mean by denying the life of Christ.

What is the LIFE OF CHRIST?

This is what I wanted to know.
Could you post what MacArthurs study notes state?
I don't care for calvinist teachings, but I don't know what you mean by denying the life of Christ.

What is the LIFE OF CHRIST?
Read my post "The Five-Fold Ministry" in this forum for the answer.
I hope you understand it. It's important.

Read my post "The Five-Fold Ministry" in this forum for the answer.
I hope you understand it. It's important.
Gosh Jeremiah.
I've posted many pages.
If YOU asked ME a question I wouldn't send you to a thread of mine. I'd reply to your question and give my thoughts even more exposure.

But hey, it's your prerogative not to answer me.

And we'll never know if I understand it and how important little ole' me thinks your idea is.
🙁

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back