Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joy Riding Without a Valid Drivers License

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I won't allow my dog to drive a car - nor can the cats drive... but years ago, when a nephew was 4, he helped himself to his dad's car & took a joy ride. He was finally pulled over by law enforcement because he was driving too slow on the interstate around Kansas City. He was tall for his age at the time and had figured out he could use an umbrella to work the gas pedal. And he was quite excited to tell the officer about his skills with driving.

He was supposed to be taking a nap... instead, his dad (who was home with him that Saturday afternoon) was the one who fell asleep after putting his son down for a nap. Things happen.

Oh my goodness, that's a brave one and clever, too (an umbrella).
I'll bet that officer was surprised and rather impressed with the boy.

Yep, things happen, kids do things we never expect.

I won't allow my dog to drive a car - nor can the cats drive... but years ago, when a nephew was 4, he helped himself to his dad's car & took a joy ride. He was finally pulled over by law enforcement because he was driving too slow on the interstate around Kansas City. He was tall for his age at the time and had figured out he could use an umbrella to work the gas pedal. And he was quite excited to tell the officer about his skills with driving.

He was supposed to be taking a nap... instead, his dad (who was home with him that Saturday afternoon) was the one who fell asleep after putting his son down for a nap. Things happen.
Holy cow, he made it to the interstate...?

That incident occurred back in the dark ages (before cell phones).

Along that stretch of interstate, if someone is driving the speed limit, they are considered a traffic hazard for driving too slow. Everyone was thankful that he was pulled over - and that he was able to pull the car over safely. And yes, the officer was really surprised to see who was driving!

The interstate was about 4 miles from his home in Overland Park .... apparently, although he knew what stop signs were for, he didn't stop. Our Lord was surely watching out for him - and for all the other drivers along the way!

You were such an :halo

I didn't feel good about it. It scared me because I didn't know how the owner would react. I probably shouldn't have done it but he already got me once and I think that encouraged the dog or something. A steel 14" pipe wrench is pretty heavy though, I felt bad in a way, but she saw the dog bite me! He didn't draw blood or anything, just enough to get my attention and make me wince. Smallish dog are the worst for this, they're real aggressive, have sharp teeth, but are small enough that people would question if you needed to hurt the dog. This one wasn't real small, no chihuahua or anything that small, I think it was some sort of terrier (terror, lol), maybe about 20-30 pounds? People wont question a guy defending himself against a big dog, but smallish ones...yea, maybe. But their teeth are sharper than the big dogs! This leave us service personnel in a precarious position of how to handle the situation. We have to do our job and lots of times the owners don't care and control their beasts, lol. In fenced yards where I have to enter the yard to knock on the door, I jiggle the fence to make noise that a dog would react to and sometimes whistle and call the dog before entering the yard. I had to run from a big dog once. He didn't come from the noise of me at the fence and remained quiet until I got to the porch then appeared at the side corner and it was a race to the fence! I jumped it and won! I don't know if he would've bit me, and he probably reacted to me running, but I wasn't taking any chances. He was a big Shepard.

I feel for jason, he has to go to every house on the block on his whole route! He probably wears running shoes to work, lol. More people than ever have dogs too, and bigger ones. I think bigger dogs are smarter than small dogs, or maybe I've just been lucky with them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back